Remote Viewing Experiment

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Peter

Re: Remote Viewing Experiment

Postby Peter » 04 Oct 2013 20:18

I wonder about any bias that may occur and how much chance plays a part. Its also possible that if you use the same pack fora long time you may "learn" the pack by feel that you are not even aware of and then have your answer before you start.

All this aside it will sharpen up the lucid states and increase your skills so great from that point of view as well
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Oct 2013 20:56

The deck I am using now is battered with crease marks. I have already thought of that, and if I am to take this seriously I should get a fresh one.
Last edited by HAGART on 04 Oct 2013 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Oct 2013 20:58

LOL - awesome, we cover most thoughts and dont take ourselves to seriously.

Are you online, I have around 30 minutes if you want a skype call
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Oct 2013 21:00

Ok why not. I'll just go on Skype and wait then.

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Oct 2013 21:05

good, it has you offline just now, will wait

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Oct 2013 18:05

I tried this again. I was not thinking straight and relates to the other thread about how illogical we can be in a lucid dream. So technically this doesn't even count as an attempt, but it's interesting anyway.

I became lucid in a dream and I forget how, but I ended up in a house and assumed I was now awake, but still lucid dreaming. I thought I was lucid sleep walking. There were many family members around and a few strangers too who I assumed were just extended family that I have never met. I made some objects move and come to my hand (a ball, a brownie, and a banana) and asked them if they saw the object move. They said no. I said, do you see the object in my hand? They said, no. (Even though I could feel it very realisticly). I told them I was lucid dreaming and they all laughed at me and I felt embarrassed. I wondered how they must be viewing me with imaginary objects in my hand. I must seem crazy in their eyes. Finally, I figured it out and realized the whole thing was a dream and had no bearing on reality. Many dream characters appeared out of nowhere and began to cheer and it faded and I fell backward into darkness.

Then an image slowly developed and I was floating around a room like a feather or falling leaf and landed gently on the floor. I got up and was now much more aware and thinking straight. (Or so I thought). I remembered the experiment and needed to find my room in the house. (The house was nothing like one in reality with blue walls and was 3 floors high, but I didn't even stop to realize that at the time. It just seemed familiar for some reason). I quickly ran up the steps, thinking the dream might end soon, and I used my hands on the side rails to help pull myself up. One of the hand rails on the right side, was so close to the wall I got my hand stuck for a second and thought to myself, I hate when that happens and I should fix that later. (False memory. There is no such thing in real life). I reached the top of the steps and then went into a room to check the clock. (I was planning to check the time on the clock and then see if it is the same time after I wake up. I TOTALLY forgot about the actual card experiment). I read the time on a clock and forget what it was, and then I passed a computer and decided to read the time it says at the top upper right corner just like my computer in real life. It read: 5:70. ( I knew that was false because I went back to sleep around 6:00. I had no idea at the time that 5:70 is an impossible time). Then I found what I thought was my room and read the clock there. It was 59:(something) and then switched to the next minute and now read 00:00. Midnight, I thought. Also false. I woke up shortly after.

It's funny how illogical I can be in a lucid dream even though at the time I swear I have all my wits about me. I should have taken a moment at the very beginning when I got up to compose myself and not rush into it so quickly. The card I have propped up in my room is on the back of my digital clock so I think that may have been the source of my confusion too.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Oct 2013 13:14

Here's an excerpt from my own studies, and, needless to say, none of the cards match!! :mrgreen:

Experiment 1A: 1st trial (11/06/12)

Stacey shuffled the cards before bedtime and saw that the top card was the Six of Clubs. She made sure I didn’t see the card. She placed the deck on the chest of drawers on top of my journal. I entered the phase with the test in mind as a plan of action. In the morning, Stacey couldn’t remember the card she had picked but luckily enough she had recorded it on her mobile phone.

Results:

Card match? No
Suit match? Yes
Number/character match? No

Brief description of phase experience:

In the morning, I entered the phase using the indirect method. I realised the indirect method attempt had worked when I saw that the chest of drawers was dark and bigger than it should be. As I deepened the phase, I noticed that the Sky box and my dream journal were missing, but, a funny-looking deck of cards, twice the size of the real one, was present. I picked up the top card and saw that it was the King of Clubs. Then, I flew out of the house in great exhilaration, all the while verbally repeating the card to myself to make sure I didn’t forget prior to a foul.

Experiment 1A: 2nd trial (21/06/12)

It is worth mentioning that a couple of days ago Stacey shuffled the cards and saw that the top one was the Nine of Spades (you will see why this is relevant in supporting the subconscious influence notion). By accident, I saw the card too when I moved them and Stacey had to reshuffle the deck. By the time she was done, I couldn’t even remember the card that I’d seen previously by accident. This time, the top card was the Four of Hearts and she placed the deck in the same place. I stayed away! I entered the phase using the deferred method. In the morning, upon returning from the phase, I checked the top card and also checked the second one (which was the King of Spades - and I thought of the card I had seen in the phase in my first trial).

Results:

Card match? No
Suit match? No

After using the toilet at 4am, I went back to bed and succeeded in entering the phase. I separated from my physical body stencil and rubbed my hands together to make the surroundings as vivid as possible. After achieving hyperrealism, I glided into the hallway and saw two mirrors instead of one. My reflection had a life of its own as it paced up and down from one mirror to the next. I remembered the experiment and immediately went back to my room to see that there was a large deck of cards on the chest of drawers. The top card was the Eight of Spades which quickly turned into a Nine. Curious, I also decided to check the second card which was the Ace of Clubs. I decided to explore the phase world while verbally repeating the cards I had seen aloud. I saw a brown rugged carpet covering the stairs and extending all the way to the front door downstairs. I slid down the carpet and pushed the front door open (not even bothering to close it behind me as I told myself that it was all a dream). I flew and landed on the roof of a bus stop to watch many people walk along a promenade. A malicious old man looked up at me and said he was going to get me. I ignored this and leapt over a wall to land on a long escalator that led to a huge shopping mall. I looked at the floor and found glass bottles which I then proceeded to smash and admired the realistic effect. I fouled and woke up refreshed.

Experiment 1A: 3rd trial (06/07/12)

Stacey shuffled the cards and looked at the top one. She saw that it was the Two of Hearts. I entered the phase using the indirect method. It is worth mentioning that, before I gave the cards to my wife for shuffling, I looked at the order in which they were in and saw that the Nine of Spades was next to the Eight of the same suit. This observation made me wonder if it was a coincidence that I’d seen the same cards in the second trial or if the subconscious mind is at play. But me and my wife only remember having seen the nine of spades before the cards had to be reshuffled. Unless precognition is also at play if we imagine a scenario in which I tapped into future visual information via the phase state. Although cards have not matched so far in the results, these observations where what is seen in the phase somehow appears to relate to what has already been acknowledged and what is yet to be acknowledged in the real world is proving intriguing.

Results:

Card match? No
Suit match? No

I woke and suddenly gained vision as though my eyes were semi-open. I noticed that a man’s head hung from the ceiling instead of a light. Also, the window was larger and the blind was up. Outside, the scenery completely defied the familiarity of what would have been found in the real world when I pressed my head against the window pane. I remembered the experiment and decided to try a different approach. I asked the realistic phase replica of Stacey what the card was. Sitting up in bed and partially hiding behind covers, she mumbled an answer. “Come again?”, I said whilst approaching her. She mumbled again. “The Four of Spades?”, I enquired. “Yes”, she said nodding excitedly and somewhat looking like she was about to prank me. I decided to check the top card of a deck nearby anyway. It was the Five of Clubs. I looked back at Stacey and she smirked. I deliberately ended the experience and wrote it down in my dream journal.

Experiment 1A: 4th trial (25/10/12)

This time the top card was the Ace of Clubs. As usual, Stacey was the only person who had seen it prior to my related telepathy-testing phase experience. I also entered the phase after lying down on the living room sofa - which is unusual for me. Stacey napped nearby but she did not enter the phase. She was merely dreaming at the time. I used the deferred indirect method to reach the state with the plan to carry out the experiment firmly in mind.

Results:

Card match? No
Suit match? Yes

After having a dream about parcels being delivered to my house, I caught an awakening without physical movement and was able to enter the phase (for details see “Reality Makers” in my compendium of phase experiences). The first and the second cards were picked from the deck. Both showed the same thing. Initially, what was displayed was an array of possibilities in black and white. Subsequently, the more I looked at them, the more a particular result sufficed. Finally, the Seven of Clubs was consistent.

Experiment 1A: 5th trial (06/05/13)

The top card had been picked by Stacey a couple of months prior to this experience. She had forgotten that it was the Four of Hearts. I become conscious while dreaming of being in a tunnel about to be inundated by clear water (dream theme: deluge). Subsequently, I perceived myself to be lying in bed and in sleep paralysis. I amplified a cacophony of sounds in my head and separated from my body, subsequently succeeding in doing a card trial. It is worth mentioning that, after my phase experience and prior to checking the top card in the real world, I had a dream where two couples made love in separate rooms - an intriguing juicy detail that people can associate with the real top card (Four of Hearts) and deem the experience as precognitive or telepathic. The association, however, comes after the (confirmed) fact, coincidence cannot be ruled out, and, the seemingly psychic experience was a product of an ordinary dream state - not the phase state.

Results:

Card match? No
Suit match? No

After having separated from the body I was blind and started deepening the phase. I dimly made out the lucent silhouette of a window in my visually tenebrous condition. I jumped out of it, confident of being in the phase and not the real world, and started flying. I hovered, half-blindly, above roofs and palpated my legs and feet in order to bring about more depth. Deepening in midair caused me to somersault uncontrollably so I decided to land somewhere. I landed in front of my house (or something like it) and vision blossomed out into full clarity. That’s when I remembered to do a card trial. I rushed towards my house, pushed the front door open, and dashed up the stairs into my bedroom (I don’t know why I didn’t just translocate there or manifest a card in my hands). I spotted a deck of cards on a bedside cabinet and picked up the top one. It turned out to be a peculiar depiction of the Jack of Spades which quickly turned into a picture of Mauricio de Sousa’s Chuck Billy, a much loved cartoon character during my childhood. I willingly fouled and jotted down the experience before going back to sleep.

Experiment 1A: 6th trial (16/08/13)

Stacey shuffled and checked the top card. It was the Six of Clubs. I had a dream where I was pretending to be Superman for a bunch of children in a school playground. I remember putting on a Superman costume and attempting to fly before the onset of dream consciousness. Eventually I would perform the test in the phase.

Results:

Card match? No
Suit match? No

Upon dream consciousness, I noticed I was flying over an Egyptian landscape. There were Sphinx-like structures and pyramids adorning a sandy terrain. After landing somewhere I punched a brick wall and my fist hurt. I punched it again and demolished it as though I had suddenly acquired super strength. Then, I found myself in a dark room and a scary corpse-like woman emerged from the shadows. She screeched and moved towards me. I experienced fear despite knowing that I was in the phase. Experiences like this were enough to make the Benandanti believe they were travelling out of their bodies in spirit form to fight against evil witches thought to be responsible for bad crops. In the Late Middle Ages, and at the dawn of the Scientific Revolution, such belief is venial given the lack of agricultural knowledge. A modern mind like mine, as scientific and as sceptical as it can afford to be, is not immune to doubt in the presence of impressive figures in the phase state. What if they are real? I managed to reach equanimity and recalled my plan for a card trial before translocating to my bedroom. An alter ego was kneeling on my bed and checking a deck of cards like an impostor who beat me to the punch. I asked this pseudo-Arlindo to show me the top card and he obliged. The card was the Queen of Hearts. A subsequent false awakening made me believe that the card matched. Then I woke up for real and it didn’t.

Phase State: Hybrid brain state compounding wakefulness and dreaming, i.e. lucid dreaming / out-of-body experiences / astral projection
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 06 Oct 2013 14:48

That painting is awesome. Did you do it?
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Oct 2013 20:08

Thanks. Yeah. It's based on one of my experiences. I tried to capture the hyperrealism of my dream hands. The sharpness of the environment was incredible, the colours were great. The card fluctuated with many symbols until the Seven of Clubs was coherent (just about). 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Oct 2013 20:20

I read Summerlander's experiences and results.
So far for me, the cards are hard to read too, and are nothing like the actual one.

In one of your dreams, you were breaking glass to admire the realism of it. I do that too! And sometimes I throw plates at the wall just to hear and watch them smash. It's childish perhaps, but fun because it is very real and there are no consequences. I'm always amazed by the sound of it.

Summerlander wrote: I fouled and woke up refreshed

You also use the word 'foul' to mean ending the dream. Or is there more to it? I never heard that term before.

I like your drawing too. I was examining it and there is a lot of detail. The design around the door frame and the many swirls go unnoticed at first. Good Job! I can't help, but feel there is meaning in dreams and the card may reveal something. I examined the card itself and I think I cracked the code!
It's a secret recipe for spicy burritos! :o

Return to “Dream Science”