SSILD for first time and Two LD's in one night!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Shibby30

SSILD for first time and Two LD's in one night!!

Postby Shibby30 » 05 Oct 2013 13:51

Hello, I stumbled upon the SSILD method again. The first time I didn't try it. Last night I gave it a go. I did my usual MILD for my first cycle. I wake up around 3-5 95% of nights, so I got up at 4 and began SSILD. I thought it was keeping me up and I could not sleep for a long time. But things began feeling odd and altered and at one point I realized that I was a cartoon like dream character and so were my friends around me. I thought that was interesting and intentionally woke myself up directly out of dream paralysis. I looked at the clock and it was 6am. I was asleep for nearly two hours! Just like in the descriptions of this technique, you may end up continuing it in your dreams for a bit. I basically had a WILD experience unintentionally.

Next I went back to sleep continuing the technique in a more sloppy fashion. I had another LD for a longer period this time. Still kind of hazy and not anything too euphoric or expansive, but two in one night is a record!
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

tea

Re: SSILD for first time and Two LD's in one night!!

Postby tea » 05 Oct 2013 20:35

awesome, congratulations!

is this the first reported SSILD success on this forum? however, we need more!

i think i'll give it a shot in the upcoming weeks....

for those who wonder, here you can read more about SSILD: http://cosmiciron.blogspot.nl/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 05 Oct 2013 22:01

Is this? I found this method again from one of your other posts. Have you had success with it?

I don't get much of anywhere with MILD or WILD, I just fall asleep before I can visualize anything or bring my intentions to the technique. And reality checks don't seem to carry over into my dreams. The only thing that seems to help is focused dream journaling. If I don't dream journal, I remember about 5% of my dreams. That's probably why my LD's have been so weak, I have to give it time to begin to have vivid dreams that I remember in the first place.

If this keeps working, I'm planning on doing MILD when I first go to sleep and SSILD after I wake up the first time.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 05 Oct 2013 23:24

Wow. Cool. I have to try that technique. I've been doing B-MILD and some unintentional WILDs with some suceess but i believe i haven't found the technique most suited for me yet. I'll give SSILD a try.

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 06 Oct 2013 15:08

Last night I had three LD's! I drank a beer so they were probably not as vivid as they could've been. But I'm finally flying and interacting with the dream characters. For some parts I was very lucid and others I was partially, but I retained partial lucidity for at least 5-10 minutes per dream.

The funny thing is, I had some alcohol which screws up my dreaming and I didn't even fall asleep doing the technique this time and it still worked!

I looked back over the 11 or so I had over the last month since I picked up lucid dreaming again and they were nothing more than flashes of lucidity, and I was becoming pretty frustrated like other beginners on these sites.
But now, this technique has been a miracle.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 06 Oct 2013 16:12

Today i tried SSILD for the first time. Didn't have a LD but had a false awakening.
I woke up around 5am (as usual) and decided to perform SSILD using another sleeping position (on my back). Then, when i did this for 5-10 minutes, i felt my body so relaxed, vibrating and a little numb. I returned to my original position (on my belly). Then, about 1 minute after i woke up, being on my back. It turns out that the "returning for my original position" was a dream.

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 06 Oct 2013 16:23

That's one thing they say occurs a lot with SSILD. I don't know why it's specifically causing LD's for me. It seems that many people may not get instant results but FA's and OBE's but eventually it seems to work well. Some people report nightly LD's on the other sites. I'll definitely not expect that, but 5 in two nights when I was having no more than small flashes is truly amazing!

Return to “For Beginners”