Question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sighla

Question

Postby Sighla » 28 Dec 2011 19:24

Hi I'm sighla and Im new. After reading last night I tried it. When I was asleep I realized I was dreaming. I created new doors and even a new person (granted the person looked super weird) I was wondering: did I really control it or was it just part of my dream? It being part of my dream would make sense because I was reading and thinking about it so much last night. Please help!!!! :?: :!:

lucidinthe sky

Re: Question

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Dec 2011 20:03

I'd have to guess since I wasn't there in your dream, but it sounds like you were lucid if you were making decisions and the fact the person looked super weird as you say would also be typical for a lucid dream. I looked at my hands in my last lucid dream and they were completely weird looking, missing fingers, too many fingers, etc. It's a lucid dream if you realize while in the dream that you are in a dream. If during the dream you are saying to yourself that "I am in a dream now", then it's a lucid dream. I think that lucidity can also have different levels as far as how real the surroundings are and how conscious you are during the dream. This generally improves with experience.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sighla

Postby Sighla » 28 Dec 2011 22:20

Yeah. I never said in the dream: " I'm in a dream". But at the same time I knew that I was. And if I was I probably wasn't for very long because then the dream turned into more of a plot.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Dec 2011 22:39

Usually when you make that connection and say to yourself "this is a dream" it's like turning on a switch and everything suddenly gets even more real, just the same real as waking life. Being fully conscious in the dream brings everything into sharp focus, bright color and solidity. It's hard to explain how this can be, you can't really imagine it. Dreams become an actual physical place that you go. I was very surprised that I could reach out and touch things and stamp on the solid ground, etc. I think it will be obvious and you won't be wondering. Good luck and let us all know when it happens.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”