How does it feel to push your hand through solid objects?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

How does it feel to push your hand through solid objects?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Sep 2013 18:19

I just had my first experience doing this and the feeling was really quite bizarre. Putting my hand through a ceiling felt like a combination of my hand going through the material and the material going through my hand. Felt like a million tiny fibers shredding through my hand as it disappeared. Quite freaky and somewhat painful.

If you have done this, tell us how it feels for you, I'm very curious to know what others have experienced.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

deschainXIX

Re: How does it feel to push your hand through solid objects

Postby deschainXIX » 24 Sep 2013 22:06

Like it felt how your hand feels when it falls asleep?
Well said.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 05:03

I havent done this during a LD only during OBEs and to me it feels like pushing throu something, there is much resistance all the way Im pushing throu.

The resistance I feel is more resistance then if I pushed my hand throu mud and it can take me some effort (will) to push throu the solid object. its really hard to describe the sensation properly and I dont really know to how explain it well. I think its something which someone needs to do to know what it feels like, there is nothing I can really compare to it well and its a very strange feel and yeah you can feel the object going throu your hand.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Sep 2013 04:47

I agree that there is nothing really to compare the feeling to. Really weird feeling. That was part of the problem for me, the completely new and unexpected feeling. Actually, I didn't even expect my hand to go through the material but it did.

In the past, I have only felt solid objects, but as soon as they felt solid I never continued pushing. This is the first time I ever really pushed hard on an object. Maybe that's why it was the first time my hand went through. So you can just feel something solid and your hand doesn't go unless you push harder?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 30 Sep 2013 11:35

To me it just feels like I'm pushing my hand trough clay, dough, or something similar to that :)
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Oct 2013 08:13

I get several feelings, sometimes when I am testing a surface it spongy and I get the feeling of pushing into soft plastic until I get through the surface or I might not choose if its only a reality check.
As for putting my hands into objects, walls, glass, stone it can vary but goes as follows,

Stone - feel vibrations and often turns into intense heat and fills my dream body

Walls, floors etc, strong tingling that I say is atoms passing through atoms. Nice feeling but can be intense and had done this hundreds or maybe thousands of times

Glass, feels spongy and often make bubbles out of it and fly away in them

My own body - same as walls

There are lots of variations on these as well but this captures it all in a simple way
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Oct 2013 10:03

Lisecelia's and Tania's description ring a bell for me. There have been times when I felt like my hand is goind through clay or whipped cream (once a wall even turned into this and I tasted it: it was sweet). I have also touched a mirror with my fingers. It was solid, but, the moment I wished for my hand to go through it (as I pressed my digits against it) it began to slowly sink into it and a mild resistance was experienced. It seemed very mechanical as I observed it happening and was completely absorbed in the moment.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Oct 2013 01:59

Peter wrote: Walls, floors etc, strong tingling that I say is atoms passing through atoms. Nice feeling but can be intense and had done this hundreds or maybe thousands of times

I think that describes it well. The atoms passing through atoms is interesting, it definitely felt like some sort of structure in the material. It was very intense and unexpected as many things are in dreams. I have yet to repeat experiment so next time I will keying in more on exactly how it feels.

Summerlander wrote:Lisecelia's and Tania's description ring a bell for me. There have been times when I felt like my hand is goind through clay or whipped cream (once a wall even turned into this and I tasted it: it was sweet). I have also touched a mirror with my fingers. It was solid, but, the moment I wished for my hand to go through it (as I pressed my digits against it) it began to slowly sink into it and a mild resistance was experienced. It seemed very mechanical as I observed it happening and was completely absorbed in the moment.

So do things feel solid for you when they are just touched, but then they give way with some additional pushing? I'm curious about that.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 04 Oct 2013 03:09, edited 2 times in total.

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Oct 2013 02:38

I have yet to repeat experiment so next time I will keying in more on exactly how it feels.

Take your time with it and gently rub the surface and them put you hand or finger inside to see how it all feels. It can be quite intense and it great for sharpening up the dream
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Oct 2013 02:56

I'll try that. So far I've really only felt things quickly, then moved on to touching something else or doing something else. Hoping to have the presence of mind to try this again.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”