You Gotta Try SSILD!!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Shibby30

You Gotta Try SSILD!!

Postby Shibby30 » 09 Oct 2013 23:58

People here, you have got to try SSILD! I have had 5 lucid dreams in two nights! I haven't had one in two nights, possibly from off sleeping but still feeling some states of almost going into WILD states.
Those LD's were the first long ones in over a year and I finally interacted with my dreams and flew.
AND THIS ALL HAPPENED ON MY FIRST TWO ATTEMPTS DOING THIS TECHNIQUE!

Believe me, I'm usually moderately to not very gifted at LD's. Maybe this was a fluke but I want to hear experiences from others.
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

Goldkoron

Re: You Gotta Try SSILD!!

Postby Goldkoron » 10 Oct 2013 00:31

I've tried my own ideas with what SSILD seems to be, never heard of SSILD before. I've not had much luck, but that is because I only try wake induced lucid dreams when I fall asleep at night.
Do a reality check

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 10 Oct 2013 03:20

Try all you can. Possibly, there are specific techniques that sync with an individual's make up and not others.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 10 Oct 2013 03:31

Ive tried SSILD for months and ive only gotten maybe 3 lucid dreams total. I feel like I understand how to do it but no matter how many times I try it I cant seem to get lucid dreams as easily as people say you can -.- Any advice would be appreciated
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 10 Oct 2013 16:53

I've been doing it in a wake back to sleep type deal, where I would read something or stay up 5-15 mins. Then I just do the technique. It wasn't working for the past two nights, but I had another LD last night and all I've been doing was the dream journal and some affirmations when first falling asleep. I haven't been doing very many reality checks or much else since I found this technique.

I do the cycles of bringing my concentration to my visuals with my eyes closes, than sounds, than body sensation. I'm not doing anything special. This technique may work for me specifically because I have been in awareness paths such as zen and something called The Gurdjieff Work for years, and thus I have been able to concentrate on my sensations and senses to a great extent.

It's an N=1 experiment. Maybe the technique is the bees' knees, or I'm an outlier with it. I just know that I'm up to 6 LD's since Monday and I'm finally interacting with my dreams.

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 10 Oct 2013 18:09

After 2 months of not getting my first lucid dream, I found this technique (thanks tea! :D). I tried it 2 times with no luck yet, but I'm gonna keep trying. It's nice to hear that one can be so successful with it.
Do a reality check.

My fist lucid dream will be awesome!

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 11 Oct 2013 14:47

It didn't cause an LD last night but I noticed that in my latter REM cycle I had one huge run-on dream for the entire period. It was much more coherent and vivid than usual. I was half in the dream and half just outside of it thinking about it and my life. Ever experienced this? Where you're watching the dream but not so identified and are thinking about it?
In that state it feels like the next step would be to realize one is dreaming.

At the very least, this technique seems to cause more vivid and memorable dreams. It's worked 10xs better than any supplement which just make me feel drugged and paranoid.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 12 Oct 2013 04:48

Shibby30 wrote:It didn't cause an LD last night but I noticed that in my latter REM cycle I had one huge run-on dream for the entire period. It was much more coherent and vivid than usual. I was half in the dream and half just outside of it thinking about it and my life. Ever experienced this? Where you're watching the dream but not so identified and are thinking about it?
In that state it feels like the next step would be to realize one is dreaming.

At the very least, this technique seems to cause more vivid and memorable dreams. It's worked 10xs better than any supplement which just make me feel drugged and paranoid.

These are the dreams I get when I try SSILD.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 14 Oct 2013 21:52

Since last week I haven't had another LD but my dream recall is way up. I'll be happy if I can had LD's at least as much as the average practitioner, I just hope those 6 LD's last week wasn't a fluke or something.

tea

Postby tea » 15 Oct 2013 09:28

Shibby30 wrote:Since last week I haven't had another LD but my dream recall is way up. I'll be happy if I can had LD's at least as much as the average practitioner, I just hope those 6 LD's last week wasn't a fluke or something.

don't worry, dry spells are normal and i believe necessary (maybe not for everyone, but i think for most people) :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”