WILD transition

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
torakrubik

WILD transition

Postby torakrubik » 28 Dec 2011 12:16

This morning i woke early, and got up for a bit, and i thought i'd try to induce a WILD, as the mornings are a good time to attempt them. I haven't successfully done this before but i think i got damn close today. I lay down and the hypnogogia came strongly: i was in a lift with 2 of my friends, then a voice called my name. The doors opened and i imagined a person to be on the other side. they were (Still in hypnogogia now) and started walking towards me. Suddenly, they said 'hey' And i heard the voice perfectly clear. My vision sharpened greatly, and i realised i was no longer in control of anything now, this was a lucid dream. A great numbness fell over my actual body (I was semi-conscious of it lying in bed still) and but as i felt the numbness, my vision went black and i ended up focusing on the real world again. I tried to 'let myself fall' (It felt like i was falling) then push into a dream, but it never came back. Any tips on fully transisting into the dream? thanks!
Dreaming is my drug

jamjam

Re: WILD transition

Postby jamjam » 28 Dec 2011 23:02

Well this has never happened to me... But I'd suggest you stabilize the "dream" (eg rubbing hands).

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 29 Dec 2011 00:29

I suppose, just it was a very quick thing. I know there are questions of a similar nature in abundance in this forum, but i would like to ask regular WILDers whether i should 'let myself go' or 'push myself' through some barrier, and at what point?
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Dec 2011 01:10

I don't have a lot of experience, but I have been successful with WILD several times. I think you can't push too hard, that's been my experience any way. Almost every time I try to "push" through I've ended up maintaining awareness more or less, but keeping myself in a lighter state of sleep that had really superficial and almost 2 dimensional movie-type dreams. I wasn't able to go lucid with these, it was like trying to climb into a movie screen, although I tried at one point. I wake up from these attempts feeling sleep deprived. I did manage to do it without losing awareness once, but I was so tired that my body overrode my attempts to stay aware and I just went right into deep sleep. Next thing I knew, I "popped into" a vivid dream which I immediately recognized as such and went lucid (I reported in the share your lucid dream section). But there was still a split-second loss of awareness, like the screen changed and there was a second of blackness. Most of the time it's longer. I guess some people claim they maintain awareness completely through on a WILD. I'm sure it's possible, but it probably takes a while to learn. All of my WILD successes have been with at least small losses in awareness.

I do think you have to relax and let go, especially right when you get to the point where you're going into the dream state. I would suggest getting as far as you can each time and keep saying to yourself that the next scene will be a dream. That works for me. You might make it all the way with no loss of awareness, but if not, your chances are good of picking up on the idea that you are dreaming.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

thomas

Postby thomas » 29 Dec 2011 01:50

I have had several WILD's to this point. I find "letting go" is a real key - at least for me. The point at which I let go is right before I feel I am falling asleep. I can actually feel this happening - my mind just goes into a different gear. Hard to explain. If you experience it you will know what I am talking about. I also find that paying any type of attention to the "outside" world pulls me back into it - almost instantly. It's a real challenge. Many times I do miss the entry and just fall asleep.

As far as your hypno images disappearing I have found that they get (for me) very faint and sometimes slow down prior to entering the dream. One time they did just disappear.

From my experience it sounds like you were there but then popped out - I have experienced that. I have found that thinking too much in the beginning part of a WILD also pulls me awake. Don't know why as I have read the opposite. Guess we're all different. I try to just go with the flow in the beginning and then stabilize after it feels more solid.

Hope that helps --

Thomas

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 29 Dec 2011 18:04

thomas wrote:I have had several WILD's to this point. I find "letting go" is a real key - at least for me. The point at which I let go is right before I feel I am falling asleep. I can actually feel this happening - my mind just goes into a different gear. Hard to explain. If you experience it you will know what I am talking about. I also find that paying any type of attention to the "outside" world pulls me back into it - almost instantly. It's a real challenge. Many times I do miss the entry and just fall asleep.

As far as your hypno images disappearing I have found that they get (for me) very faint and sometimes slow down prior to entering the dream. One time they did just disappear.

From my experience it sounds like you were there but then popped out - I have experienced that. I have found that thinking too much in the beginning part of a WILD also pulls me awake. Don't know why as I have read the opposite. Guess we're all different. I try to just go with the flow in the beginning and then stabilize after it feels more solid.

Hope that helps --

Thomas

Thomas, i think that's exactly what happened. I felt my mind change completely, just like you described. Thanks everyone for their advice, hopefully i will succeed soon :)
Dreaming is my drug

metalsnake27

Postby metalsnake27 » 30 Dec 2011 20:44

I actually tried a WILD this morning... but I obviously failed miserably. (Its only like my second attempt)

All I saw were all these different colors... noticeably a flashing red and blue for some reason, and also these weird floating things.

But then I woke up abruptly and couldn't fall back asleep lol.

megabjarne

Postby megabjarne » 07 Jan 2012 00:39

I had the same problem in an normal lucid dream, i coud still feel my connection to my body, and i am pretty sure it moved a little whan i moved in the dream, my brain woke me up, even though i did everything to stabilize it.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”