God, Soul Mate and Purpose

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
alucidlife

God, Soul Mate and Purpose

Postby alucidlife » 29 Apr 2011 18:20

The night before I was practicing my meditation at the computer desk and I found this piano song that really blew me away. It was amazing and I could just feel my soul being uplifted and dancing above me by the rhythm of it. I felt more stress free in my life and present than ever before.
Earlier that week I had watched a video on you tube about lucid dreaming off of the edgar cayce page and it said to do something constructive with your dreams and amazing. Before this I really would just fly throughout the air and see what I could fly through.

The video asked to shout out, I want to speak to God see I already had expectations because in the video it stated that one of the class mates did this, and he saw a big red door in the sky but nothing else out of his experience did I share.

This is my dream

I realize I am dreaming when I find myself sitting at the table of my child hood house with my grandmother and my mother. I realized I was dreaming when I looked at my mom, I knew that she had already passed away and that this must be a dream. So I walk out the back sliding door, off of the patio and stand right before the pool. I look up into the beautiful sky and realize how amazing this all is, just trying to take it all in. Then I shout out I want to speak to God!!! and then I felt something wrap around my heart ever so gently and pull me quickly up into the sky. I see that this force is taking me to a door, a big red door with rays of light shooting out from every side of it. As I approach it with excitement, fear sets in. I am afraid of what I may see or what I will not see when I open the door so I take control over my body and I keep on flying.

As I circle around in the air, I think of another question to ask. When then I asked What is my purpose? When I ended up in a room that looked like it was a place to where you could help others take showers, it was a big room... As I walk out I end up in this lobby that was beautiful and I walk into the first room to the right and there was 3 other people in the room. I try to explain to them that this is a dream and they just look at me weirdly and I asked them the date, and they didnt know either or they just werent telling me. I look around the room to try to find if I can find a date written on anything but I didnt have any luck.

So I walked out of the room and walked down the hallway when I asked my third question. Who is my soul mate?! and then the force takes a hold of me again and I end up in an airport, in a meeting room. I go to sit down but I am beginning to think that maybe I wasnt ready to know. So I walked out of the meeting room in this airport and as I am walking down the terminal and I just happened to glance over to another meeting room, where I see someone I knew from elementary named Chris and he was in a uniform. Which is strange because I have never had any interest in this guy, I actually thought that we were like enemies because I still remember he used to make fun of me because I was the new kid in 2nd grade. Maybe that is supposed to be symbolic though and it really isnt him. But, he came up to me and hugged me and I really felt true love and then I got so excited that I woke myself up.

maya

Re: God, Soul Mate and Purpose

Postby maya » 30 Apr 2011 11:15

So have you managed to contact chris? even if it's not the same as the dream suggests, i believe your mind leads you towards learning experiences. Perhaps you and him simply have unfinished ties..?

After reading a bit of Waggoner's eBook, i also experimented with meeting my subconscious (didn't occur to me to meet god, but that's a different story). This is the dream entry:
http://mortalmist.com/forum/dream-journals/maya%27s-lucid-journal/msg77007/#msg77007

What i found in my subconscious was very unexpected, but the overwhelming emotional experience in there had allowed me to see a deeper part of my being i may have been previously ignoring.
One month later i was diagnosed with depression (that i apparently had for quite some time and wasn't really aware of).

alucidlife

Postby alucidlife » 05 May 2011 02:43

Hi Maya,

No I haven't really contacted him, other than being his friend on facebook. He actually lives in Chicago now, (I still live in the suburbs of detroit), but thinking more into it.. it could of been one of my alternate realites... see I was suppose to be in the Army and at the last possible minute I backed out of it and I would of been an air traffic controller.

I just read your dream, and it was amazing. I seem to have the same problems with making sure my intentions are right and that I fully want to know what I am asking.. I have at times backed out of letting my subconscious guide me in mid flight and it is not ended so good. I seem to be very indesicive, I am always thinking of wonderful ideas but never putting them into action.

Lucid dreaming is definitely a playground for getting to know yourself more and really diving into the creation of what makes you, you.

The reason I asked to speak to God, was in part that I just watched a video by edgar cayce's school on you tube that mentioned being more constructive with your dreams and asking questions like that and the fact that when I became consciously aware in the dream state my mother was sitting there that had passed a way a couple years prior. I honestly can't say that I have had a more thrilling dream than that since even though I have had many lucid dreams since then.

I also have read up on Robert Waggoner. I actually accidently fell into his book when I was listening to a podcast on dream talk radio with Robert Moss as the guest. When I went back to find his last name on dream talk radio, I saw Waggoner and immediately went to amazon and found his book that "Guide to you Inner Self" which was perfect for me because I felt a deep strong presence of a whole other life just waiting for me to open up to and let it radiant out into my lucid life.

It is very nice going back and forth with you, I look forward to reading more of your dreams and experiences!!

maya

Postby maya » 12 May 2011 14:49

Thanks,
My gut tells me that if you really want to talk to God in a dream, it's because you really need to talk to God, and no one else but God.

Keep exploring, i'm really curious about the capabilities of the subconscious.

alucidlife

Postby alucidlife » 13 May 2011 04:01

Yes, but I beleive that God resides in every one of us and it is our choice to let it shine through us like it is suppose to. Who I really want to talk to is myself, and I wouldn't really call it 'talk', I want my innerself to guide me in living a life where I am completely immersed in being in the moment and balancing my inner life with my outward actions and goals while helping and guiding others around me to search for there happiness. The seeds of awakening, understanding and compassion are always in us... and there are always ways to find out who we really are underneath our fears and emotions that we can feel victims to if we can not find the feeling of empowerment in our thoughts.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 15 May 2011 06:04

Interesting dream. Seems like your subconscious was taking you all over the place. Do you plan to try speaking with God again?

jkemeny

Postby jkemeny » 18 May 2011 01:03

Amazing dream! There seems to be a lot of personal symbolism for you in the dream. You hit it right on...lucid dreams are like a playground and you can make them out to be whatever you want them to be. If you just want to have fun and fly around thats fine. Or...as you did....you can turn them into a deeper experience and search your soul for answeres to life's questions. I look forward to reading more of your lucid dream experiences :)

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 18 May 2011 02:52

Wow, you are fortunate to get so far. I aspire to ask myself many questions, as i constantly have doubts. I need to get further and more lucid, as my only experience has been short and much less than vivid.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

alucidlife

Postby alucidlife » 21 May 2011 18:42

Hi Jkemeny, Thank you :) I look forward to reading about your dreams too!

Hi Dreamsphere! Thank you. I never thought I would get that far either and I was trying for quite a while. The main reason I feel that I had such a vivid and amazing experience was because I completely let go of everything that I could let stress me at the time. Listening to music that just opened up my soul and then going right to be in a perfect blank mood. Also, I started writing out a dream journal and when I am writing them down conisistently even for a week or two, it is a LOT easier to become aware.

I had a lucid dream this morning. Which is the best time to have one!! I am praying for this little girl right now that has cancer because I want to see and talk to her and try to heal her (I have been working on my focusing my energy) but, again I still have conflicts because as I asked to see her on to find her off in the distance but I could not reach her. In real-life she is not even two yet, but in this dream she was atleast 7 or 8.

With Love and Light,
Alissa

curiouskitty

Postby curiouskitty » 12 Jul 2012 02:58

Hi Im a little nervous but I am just going to go with it. If and when you want to talk to God I want you to know it is very possible. I have done it numerous times and I love it. Its kind of tricky because like you said you have to completly let go. I also want to say God bless you for working so hard to help someone else (little girl with cancer)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”