Strange warthog

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
radicaldreamer

Strange warthog

Postby radicaldreamer » 11 Oct 2013 12:02

I recently had a dream, which started off well enough, as I was at some sort of resort in a wooded area, and two ladies were teaching me how to mine for one thing, and how to plant some type of seeds. :|

Anyway, I started on trying my hand at mining, and then wiped sweat from my brow and stood up and looked around me. I saw what looked like a big brown dog calmly jogging on all four legs, into my field of vision, but not exactly in my direction. I decided I should stop what I was doing, and walk back up the incline to the resort I was staying at, so as to avoid the "dog".

When I got closer to the incline to the resort, the creature had stopped jogging, and was now staring right at me. It was not a dog I then noticed, it was a sort of warthog without tusks, and it had a presence that filled me with dread. :(
I immediately woke myself up. I'm very thankful that even in non-lucid dreams, I have an instinct to force myself awake.

erichsa

Re: Strange warthog

Postby erichsa » 11 Oct 2013 18:35

When I got closer to the incline to the resort, the creature had stopped jogging, and was now staring right at me. It was not a dog I then noticed, it was a sort of warthog without tusks, and it had a presence that filled me with dread. :(
I immediately woke myself up. I'm very thankful that even in non-lucid dreams, I have an instinct to force myself awake

Why, what are you afraid off? Your dream cant harm you, but you can learn, and the more you understand, the less threatening your dreams will be. At least that is my experience. Read what Rebecca's website offers, which is a lot, and read the forums. Happy dreaming. :)

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/#stuck

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 11 Oct 2013 22:28

erichsa wrote:When I got closer to the incline to the resort, the creature had stopped jogging, and was now staring right at me. It was not a dog I then noticed, it was a sort of warthog without tusks, and it had a presence that filled me with dread. :(
I immediately woke myself up. I'm very thankful that even in non-lucid dreams, I have an instinct to force myself awake

Why, what are you afraid off? Your dream cant harm you, but you can learn, and the more you understand, the less threatening your dreams will be. At least that is my experience. Read what Rebecca's website offers, which is a lot, and read the forums. Happy dreaming. :)

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/#stuck

He's right you know! See I am the same way, at the slightest sense of a change from a dream to a nightmare, I too get filled with dread and instantly wake myself up!

But this isn't the answer my friend, it's like running from the problem instead of fixing it!

As lucid dreamers we owe it to ourselves to face our fears in the dream world, knowing they are nothing but manifestations of our mind! At that sense of fear, instead of waking yourself up, go lucid instead! It's just as easy as waking yourself up, so if you can wake yourself up in a nightmare, you can go lucid!

And the idea is to go lucid, and confront the nightmare and find out why your having it and grow from it!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

radicaldreamer

Postby radicaldreamer » 16 Oct 2013 15:19

It's really rare that I have nightmares, is probably why it caught me off guard. :oops:
I'd like to practice more methods of taking control of non lucid dreams, but I have to work on it when I'm not consumed with taking care of my kids 'til I pass out. :(

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Oct 2013 03:35

Realizing it's a dream and not being afraid is sometimes easier said than done.
But of course if you woke yourself up, then you must have been lucid for at least the final moment.

I few weeks ago I was in a dream indoors and a bear walked in the front door. I was afraid and ran, but I also became lucid and got away from it. I was able to continue the dream that time. Other times I have been attacked by a pack of wolves and one time a cougar pounced on me and bit my neck. When they got me, I was no longer afraid and knew it was a dream with no consequences, but I simply 'let them kill me' as I woke up. (Relieved, knowing it was just a dream).

So I know what it's like for wild animals to attack us or scare us in dreams. It must be our evolutionary instincts role playing possible life experiences. Like a survival skill exercise. (I would lose since I let them kill me :lol: But in the final moments I knew it was a dream, so maybe I was the true winner).

But it's not easy to rationalize it and ignore your first emotional impulse to wake up is it?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”