Fear of never waking up

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
dscretion

Fear of never waking up

Postby dscretion » 10 Oct 2013 15:49

I have a hard time staying in lucid dreams because I have this overwhelming fear that I will never wake up (thanks, Waking Life) and so I end up purposefully stirring myself. I struggle to wrench my eyes open and make verbal noises (screaming in my dream but actually just gentle moaning in real life that I can hear as I get closer to the surface).

I'm terrified and it's ruining this experience for me.

Highlander

Re: Fear of never waking up

Postby Highlander » 10 Oct 2013 16:54

You should not be afraid. LD is such a great experience and those thoughts you are having are ruining it. You can never be harmed in dreams.
But there are many ways to wake up from a dream, if you want to. I do all kinds of things. Kill myself (crashing into a wall, junping from a higher ground to the floor, dive to drown), close my eyes and vibrate myself... You could try this.

tea

Postby tea » 11 Oct 2013 08:57

as Highlander said: there is nothing to be afraid of!
don't worry, you can't get stuck in a dream :)

here is what rebecca says about it: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/#stuck
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 11 Oct 2013 23:46

dscretion wrote:I have a hard time staying in lucid dreams because I have this overwhelming fear that I will never wake up (thanks, Waking Life) and so I end up purposefully stirring myself. I struggle to wrench my eyes open and make verbal noises (screaming in my dream but actually just gentle moaning in real life that I can hear as I get closer to the surface).

I'm terrified and it's ruining this experience for me.

I haven't seen waking life yet, but as a lucid dreamer I was exited to watch it. But now I'm afraid the whole movie is about never waking up in a dream? Which is bullcrap, totally impossible.

Insidious and insidious 2 did the same thing to astral projection. So many people think what happens to kid can really happen to you while in the astral plane, but it's all so untrue!

I'm sick of movies and their need for drama. They take interesting phemononon and then make up a way it all could go wrong for entertainment.

But the truth is lucid dreaming and astral projection are completely safe natural states. You will always eventually wake up, believe me, I wake up too early from my lucid dreams wishing they would go on longer!

If anything that will be your problem, lucid dreams not lasting long enough haha!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

tea

Postby tea » 12 Oct 2013 19:32

by the way: the movie "waking life" is about so much more than just a dude who can't wake up... ;)

so much more......
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”