Hello :)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
metalsnake27

Hello :)

Postby metalsnake27 » 30 Dec 2011 02:28

Well, ive been looking around for quite awhile now and I have to say, this is probably the best site ive found so far... so many of them give such basic tips barely go into detail, and even then, want you to pay money for some book or something.

Anyways, I've been really interested in lucid dreaming for a long time, ive noticed the past few years of my life, I've haven't really been having good dreams..... as in I barely remember them and they always turn out blurry and just... meh. When I was a kid, I would have these wild, open, vivid dreams all the time.... but it seems with all this stress, hard work, and constant worries, I guess it drove that away.

I am really excited to start this.... so I've been wondering about a few things that have always confused me...

Im really trying to find a place to start when falling asleep... like what should my mind set be? When should be the point where I should let my mind flow free? How exactly should I feel when falling asleep? Stuff like that for both MILD and WILD.

Also, what are some good things to start practicing? What are some good things to start doing, in order to mentally prepare myself I guess you can say. Ive already starting recording a dream journal, and am currently working on a daily reality check routine, that Im trying to turn into second nature. '

Some of these questions might be stupid, idk, but I really want to find better ways to have more vivid lucid dreams.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Hello :)

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Dec 2011 02:47

Hello and welcome. It sounds like some of your questions are fairly basic and could be answered by reading the material that Rebecca has put on the site already. The instructions here are very comprehensive and well written, better than most of us could provide as an answer to you. So I would suggest following the instructions here for a while and then following up with any questions you might have after some experience. Good luck and hope to hear about your progress.

P.S. I would suggest trying to work down the stress. That stuff is toxic and it 's possible to lower it with some effort. Decreasing the stress should really help with your dream life and lucid dreaming success. I know this from experience :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

metalsnake27

Postby metalsnake27 » 30 Dec 2011 06:36

Thanks, Ive been looking around more and found some really interesting things that might help me out.

Im just trying to make sure I dont try to have a lucid dream too hard, or get too excited. But I think if I keep with it, it'll happen eventually :D

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 02 Jan 2012 17:27

When I go to sleep, I try to think calm or at least happy thoughts. Like imagining myself at a sunny beach. I try really hard just to keep my mind as blank as possible with the idea that if my mind is empty it can be filled with the wisdom of the universe, or however you want to put it.

I keep forgetting to do reality checks, but in the past I've done that and it worked really well, so I think keeping doing that for sure.

Although you can get rid of stress, you can try to manage it, but it's all a mental thing. You will just have to convince yourself that "okay, NOW is the time I am going to dream, and I will just get back to all that pesky real life stuff later."

Return to “For Beginners”