HYPOTHETICALS

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
deschainXIX

Re: HYPOTHETICALS

Postby deschainXIX » 07 Oct 2013 21:15

HAGART wrote:"You're in a desert walking along in the sand when you look down and see a tortoise. You reach down and flip it over.The tortoise lays on it's back, belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help...............but you're not helping....."

Sorry what's the actual question?
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Oct 2013 22:50

It's a movie reference and is used to determine whether people are actual people or just faking it.

I give up waiting, and I'll give it away. Its from BLADE RUNNER.

It's a killer scene. Pun intended. It's in the beginning and gives nothing away. Here's a clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvpmxY4dc4c <-- Copy paste

(It was just an innocent, hypothetical question....) :twisted:

But ALL hypothetical questions probe the mind don't they? There is no right or wrong, but they reveal our true personality.

I like this and I want to hear other hypotheticals. (After we acknowledge that Blade Runner was a very interesting, thought-provoking movie..... hypothetically....)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Oct 2013 00:36

There is no right or wrong, but they reveal our true personality.

or motive :lol:
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Oct 2013 00:37

Hypothetically speaking, you are on a website forum discussing a hypothetical question about what to do with an unknown alien, but you go off tangent and begin speaking of hypothetical questions in general, dream personalities, and reference a movie that nobody cares about. You feel you have been a 'kill-joy' because nobody responded for two days. Do you make a new hypothetical question, hoping to bring back the fun, or do you just wait and see if someone else does? Or do you just ignore it and move on?

Hypothetically speaking of course.
(It happened to a friend of a friend of mine....)

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 10 Oct 2013 20:06

It depends on the situation. If I had already posted a hypothetical, I'd wait for someone else to post one. If I hadn't, then I'd think up one then post it. (:
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Oct 2013 10:57

A man who claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ (the Second Coming) tells you that in order to save mankind from annihilation and eternal damnation you must convince about seven females (one for each day of the week) in your family to be his concubines and then you must take your own life as a sacrifice, telling you, "I did it once, more than 2000 years ago, now it's your turn - as a mere mortal - to do it." What would you do? :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Oct 2013 16:11

I'd feel sorry for the delusional person and hope he seeks help for his illness.

Then I might become curious and ask for a demonstration to prove he is who he claims to be. Perhaps a walk on water, or turn water into wine, or turn the water into wine and then walk on it. If he ACTUALLY does perform those miracles to my satisfaction, and I make sure there are no hidden wires or magic tricks involved, I would then ask, what's in it for me?

I would say, "I will do it under only ONE condition.... If you promise to perform those tricks at my nephew's birthday party because that is so COOL! You could turn water into Kool-Aid! We have a swimming pool too, so you gotta do that walking thing again. Do you know how to make balloon animals? Of course you do,... we have much to discuss......" ;)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 12 Oct 2013 16:22

Summerlander wrote:A man who claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ (the Second Coming) tells you that in order to save mankind from annihilation and eternal damnation you must convince about seven females (one for each day of the week) in your family to be his concubines and then you must take your own life as a sacrifice, telling you, "I did it once, more than 2000 years ago, now it's your turn - as a mere mortal - to do it." What would you do? :mrgreen:

I'd tell him he's a fool, because the second coming of Christ is coming through all of us. We all will acheive Christ contiousness, and that will be the true second coming of Christ.

Any one man who thinks he is this is a fool!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Oct 2013 16:43

There is a real life Jesus living in Russia.
Just search: "real life jesus in russia" and you'll know what I mean.
So he's already come back of course and anyone else who claims to be is an imposter! :lol:

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 13 Oct 2013 21:20

I'd beat him up :lol:. First of all, Jesus Christ (from Christian belief) would never want a concubine or ask you to kill yourself. So, even if he did have powers or whatever, he's a fake because he lied about being Jesus.
There are all kinds of people who claim to be Jesus and they're either crazy or they just want attention.
Well said.

Return to “Off-Topic”