Is it a lucid dream or not?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
FeleK-

Is it a lucid dream or not?

Postby FeleK- » 16 Oct 2013 00:36

Hey

I am very new here and I actually came to ask a question about a dream I had. I am not sure if it was a lucid dream or not. So i was having a normal dream and I remember I was running and I was thinking for a moment wow everything seems so clear and detailed. And then I said to myself wait I must be lucid dreaming I finally did it. And then I thought now I can get whatever I want. And offcourse I went for a girl i liked(Sorry :oops: :P ) . But the girl I wanted didn't come but someone else and I really tried hard to get the right one and also i tried something else that I don't remember(I think flying) and that also failed. and after that the lucid dream part went away and I just kept dreaming further on like a normal dream.

So it confuses me did I have a lucid dream or a dream about having a lucid dream. I believe I had the second one because the details of the surrounding wasn't much detailled as I hoped and second of all I couldn't bring the girl I wanted into my dream. It really felt like I was not controlling the "lucid" dream rather just dreaming about what i was saying and what was happening.

So is this possible having a dream about a lucid dream? because i expected much more than that.
Also sorry for the bad English it is not my native language.

thank you
FeleK-

Goldkoron

Re: Is it a lucid dream or not?

Postby Goldkoron » 16 Oct 2013 00:50

Lucid dreams are weak at first, but get better the more you practice. Yes that was a lucid dream, you knew you were dreaming. But it does not mean you knew how to control it well. A lot of lucid dreams end just by fading away into a normal dream, you have to try and stay conscious and remind yourself you are dreaming. For more vividity, you want to touch objects in the dream first, and try and become more connected to the dream before trying to control it.
Do a reality check

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 16 Oct 2013 00:58

You don't dream about lucid dreaming. I think that's the funniest misconception ever.

Congratulations on your first lucid dream!!!! Because you had a full blown lucid dream, and now you see they aren't always so easy to control!

Yes just because your lucid, does not mean you have control!!! It's actually very common for beginner lucid dreamers to not be able to do what they want to, I myself still can't fly!

Being lucid is one thing, controlling the dream is another completely different thing! It takes practice to achieve dream control, and soon you'll learn some nice tricks to summon people and things.

So congratulations on your success you had a full blown lucid dream!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Oct 2013 01:55

Like the others said, that was certainly a lucid dream.
Perhaps it just wasn't what you expected. They come in many forms, and lengths, and levels of vividness just like any other dream.

FeleK- wrote:And offcourse I went for a girl i liked(Sorry :oops: :P ) .

Don't apologize. We all do that... at least I know I do! :oops:
Without any purpose or lucid dream goal in mind, that tends to be my first response. We're all human after all and no apologies necessary.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 16 Oct 2013 02:07

HAGART wrote:Like the others said, that was certainly a lucid dream.
Perhaps it just wasn't what you expected. They come in many forms, and lengths, and levels of vividness just like any other dream.

FeleK- wrote:And offcourse I went for a girl i liked(Sorry :oops: :P ) .

Don't apologize. We all do that... at least I know I do! :oops:
Without any purpose or lucid dream goal in mind, that tends to be my first response. We're all human after all and no apologies necessary.

Ah yes, I think we can all relate to this, even females, with no pre-planned goal, our instinct tells us "You can have anything with anyone you want!!"

And who could resist that? ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

FeleK-

Postby FeleK- » 16 Oct 2013 03:27

Okey thanks everyone so I had a lucid dream. It is strange I didn't even tried to get one just noticed in dream. I am a person who actually has long dreams when sleeping out . I sleep sometimes more than 10 hours and dream a lot especially with adventures and magic.so if I manage to control it who knows I can enjoy the wonders of lucid dreaming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Oct 2013 06:23

Yes you did have a lucid dream, go get the next one and enjoy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”