Brandon!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
BrandonQ1995

Brandon!

Postby BrandonQ1995 » 16 Oct 2013 01:10

Ello people! My names Brandon, I'm 18 from New York. I've always been interested in the idea of Lucid dreaming since a little kid, but i never actually had one until last year. I woke up in my grandmothers living room, but i knew i went to sleep at my fathers place that night so right away I knew i was dreaming. And like most people i started flying and tried to go through the ceiling, but i sorta just bounced off of it. I was getting really excited and i started telling myself i need to calm down before i wake myself up. As i was floating back down to the floor, i looked in a mirror on the wall and saw my reflection. It was all distorted tho. Then suddenly the living room started shaking and switching scenery between my grandmothers and my fathers living rooms. My eyes started to irritate and something was telling me if i close or scratch my eyes, I'll wake up. But eventually i just had to close my eyes, and when i opened them again, I was staring at the ceiling back in my room at my fathers. I been trying to recreate a Lucid dream ever since but just haven't been able to yet. I'm hoping people have some good tips or advice =]

HAGART

Re: Brandon!

Postby HAGART » 16 Oct 2013 02:11

Ello!

I get that too sometimes. I wake up in a place and just know immediately that it is not my real room and become lucid. And it's amazing how walls and ceilings can be very solid in a dream no matter how hard you try to walk through them. Other times it is easier. But it's amazing that our imagination can become 'solid' in a dream. And mirrors are always amazing too in lucid dreams.

As for tips and advice, that's what this whole site is dedicated to and I bet others can teach better than I.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

BrandonQ1995

Postby BrandonQ1995 » 16 Oct 2013 03:12

lol Yeaaa, I guess theres mental barriers in our minds that are harder to break then others. Thanks for replying btw!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Oct 2013 05:11

'Mental Barrier' is a phrase I use a lot. (In fact I learned it from talking to other lucid dreamers on this site) It's the only thing stopping us from doing what we want to do in a lucid dream, but can be very hard to overcome sometimes.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”