First WILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
btharpedo

First WILD

Postby btharpedo » 16 Oct 2013 15:12

Alright I know I have asked alot of questions and I am trying not to be annoying but I need an answer for this. Last night I attempted my first WILD after a WBTB. I laid completely still using the counting technique (1, I'm dreaming, 2, I'm dreaming, and so on) after getting relaxed. Then something strange started to happen. I felt like I was near SP but all of the sudden my body began twitching uncontrollably everywhere, mainly my knee cap, my neck, and my midsection. Then my heart began to beat heavily, so heavy that I felt like I could hear it pounding away. I wasn't scared at all, it just kind of came on me. I sort of accepted this and just let it pass, which it did. I ended up rolling over a little after that because I read somewhere that this could help but I think that was why I failed to enter the dream. I ended up going through 3 position changes and each time I did see the splotches of color in my eye lids and at one point they became a bit more vivid but that was towards the end of this all when my mind started to wander and I couldn't keep my focus. After an hour and a half I decided to call it a night and just go to bed so I wouldn't be too tired the next day. I'm going to try this again tonight except without changing positions but I wanted to know if having what felt like a mini-seizure is normal.

Peter

Re: First WILD

Postby Peter » 17 Oct 2013 09:32

There is a massive mix of possible symptoms as you call them and they come and go to varying degrees so there is no normal.
WILD is very hard or extremely easy and often I feel you will not know why it works or wont. I have trouble at times with WILD and miss totally and at other times it is truly as easy as waking up in the morning - without effort I am just there, lucid and in a dream or have walked out of my body.

As i have said a lot of times you are trying to go to sleep while staying awake and so there is a critical instant where you either retain awareness or dont and that will come for me almost always around 20 minutes into trying to go to sleep but knowing this will not make it any easier or increase the odds of success.

Short answer is keep trying but if you start to get stressed then just go to sleep and have a go another time
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Oct 2013 17:46

Peter wrote:WILD is very hard or extremely easy and often I feel you will not know why it works or wont. I have trouble at times with WILD and miss totally and at other times it is truly as easy as waking up in the morning - without effort I am just there, lucid and in a dream or have walked out of my body.

Well said. My opinion is the same. WILD is easy if you do it right, only hard if you do it wrong. But it's hard to do it right because you are doing things you are not fully aware of or know exactly how to control. Plus there are a lot of other factors involved.

Whenever it's easy, I always try to figure out what I did to make it that way and come up with no real answers. Some of the technique is straight forward, while some parts are a bit of a mystery. Best approach is just more attempts.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2013 03:04

btharpedo wrote:I felt like I was near SP but all of the sudden my body began twitching uncontrollably everywhere, mainly my knee cap, my neck, and my midsection.

Perhaps that WAS the SP or sleep paralysis you were looking for. (or Muscle Atonia to use a neutral word. Sleep Paralysis sounds scary). There is a disconnect between the brain and the muscles and it can lead to some strange sensations. Nothing more and nothing less; no need to be scared of course. And it can come in all kinds of 'shapes and sizes'.

But you must think, was your actual body twitching uncontrollably or was it your 'dream body'? (perception of body in that state). Sounds like it was your real body, but I have been duped before because it can seem very real. I usually wake up after to find out it was actually a dream already, but not in a dream land. I was already in 'the phase state' and didn't know it. Or sometimes I have even gotten up, despite all the crazy feelings, and looked around and asked myself if I was dreaming, and/or do a reality check and I find out..... I was already asleep despite the fact it felt so real. I usually fall over with no sense of balance and feel the vibrations for a little while, but it goes away. I like to just get up and start moving when I get this and don't bother waiting for it to stop anymore.

To be honest though I wouldn't consider myself a 'WILDER', but I know these types of ways to enter a lucid dream and they tend to happen in the middle of the night sometimes, especially after a lucid dream ends. SO I do know what it's like to experience these crazy sensations before a dream. And in fact, that one you described, 'the vibrating body', I have experienced on a few occasions. OR shaking legs etc. And what I have realized is, when that happens... the dream has already started! (It becomes a dream in your own room instead of a preconceived, pre-planned, dreamscape). But you can always venture out and go anywhere from there.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 22 Oct 2013 06:49

How does one do a proper WILD and what is the purpose? I am very interested in learning how to go right from my bed into a dreamscape of my choice or even just to start dreaming right into my room where I left off. That is very cool..

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Oct 2013 12:48

I don't know, and for me it happens by accident. I'm also trying to figure that one out.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 23 Oct 2013 01:35

If anyone has any good techniques to recommend me and wouldn't mind giving an explanation as to how to do it that would be really awesome. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Oct 2013 01:53

This whole website is devoted to that.
There are some good articles on the home page.

But quite frankly, we all dream alone and we need to figure it out for ourselves.

I'm still figuring it out, and I wish I had the magic formula and can teach, but I have found out over time, that it's not possible. It's impossible to teach. It not like math or science and memorization. It's a skill. Being a oneironaut is like being an athlete. You could be a great baseball player but still strike out. The best anyone can do is COACH.

For some reason I lucid dream a lot and I never learned it from a book. If I could figure out how it happened in the first place, I would love to explain it.

But I like you, and I said it before. You come across as being very open and honest and I respond to that with my own honesty.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 23 Oct 2013 06:56

Thank you very much! I appreciate the sincerity. And yes, I am aware i'll figure it out for myself I am in no hurry. It's all an interesting process I think.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Oct 2013 07:04

Everyone here is a coach.
But then it's up to you to choose which one to listen to, and then practice.
(That's what I'm doing).

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”