Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Hendrix

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Hendrix » 16 Oct 2013 14:50

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Im tired of it................not being able to lucid dream that is. Ive been trying since January 14, 2011 and have nothing to show for it. First time i tried WILD i almost had it, but a hypnagogic sound woke me up. I would set my alarm for 4am everyday, my body eventually got used to it and now i have sleep problems. I shouldnt have practiced everyday anyways and plus ive tried every technique under the sun. Almost 3 years and nothing to show for it. Im taking a very long break from it...........................possibly a year or two. Lucid dreaming is very fascinating to me but i just cant do it now because doing wake back to bed too much fucked over my sleep schedule...............I love the idea of lding but i dont have time for it now. I shouldve stuck with the first technique i tried too, oh well..........See you all in late 2014 or whatever........Sionara!!!!

tea

Postby tea » 16 Oct 2013 15:23

Hendrix wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Im tired of it................not being able to lucid dream that is. Ive been trying since January 14, 2011 and have nothing to show for it. First time i tried WILD i almost had it, but a hypnagogic sound woke me up. I would set my alarm for 4am everyday, my body eventually got used to it and now i have sleep problems. I shouldnt have practiced everyday anyways and plus ive tried every technique under the sun. Almost 3 years and nothing to show for it. Im taking a very long break from it...........................possibly a year or two. Lucid dreaming is very fascinating to me but i just cant do it now because doing wake back to bed too much fucked over my sleep schedule...............I love the idea of lding but i dont have time for it now. I shouldve stuck with the first technique i tried too, oh well..........See you all in late 2014 or whatever........Sionara!!!!

have you tried SSILD too?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Hendrix

Postby Hendrix » 16 Oct 2013 16:15

Whats that??

tea

Postby tea » 16 Oct 2013 16:25

it's a technique which seems to work extremely well. there are several topics here where we discuss it, here is one: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13803

you can go straight to the website where it's described very well: http://cosmiciron.blogspot.co.at/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html

i would recommend you to keep a dream journal, but not focus on any other LD-techniques (as it is stated in the tutorial)

make sure to tell us about your progress! if you are certain that this technique can't help you either, i really may be a good idea to take a break - but at least give it a try.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Hendrix

Postby Hendrix » 17 Oct 2013 13:43

I think this morning was my first time having sleep paralysis.................Its not bad like a lot of people make it out to be. I woke up at 4am to do some homework went back to sleep @ 8am because i got very tired and put some earplugs in. I dont even think 15 minutes had passed before i started to get hypnagogic sounds and then i heard a humming/buzzing sound, i knew what to expect. I tried to move but i couldnt and knew i was in sp and i just went with it. No scary hi or nothing. next thing you know im in a dream but i didnt remind myself to stay lucid in sp..........Drats :D :D :D :D :D After almost 3 years of nothing from practing lucid dreaming and im finally making progress

tea

Postby tea » 17 Oct 2013 14:52

Hendrix wrote:I think this morning was my first time having sleep paralysis.................Its not bad like a lot of people make it out to be. I woke up at 4am to do some homework went back to sleep @ 8am because i got very tired and put some earplugs in. I dont even think 15 minutes had passed before i started to get hypnagogic sounds and then i heard a humming/buzzing sound, i knew what to expect. I tried to move but i couldnt and knew i was in sp and i just went with it. No scary hi or nothing. next thing you know im in a dream but i didnt remind myself to stay lucid in sp..........Drats :D :D :D :D :D After almost 3 years of nothing from practing lucid dreaming and im finally making progress

i'm very happy to hear that! so did you have a lucid dream afterwards or did it just turn into a regular one?

Hendrix

Postby Hendrix » 17 Oct 2013 15:01

It turned into a regular one but its a step most definately.................i kinda been busy with school so ive been sort of skipping on sleep a little bit

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 19 Oct 2013 07:55

SSILD, wow! That link you gave, tea, well, after a year of failing at Lucid Dreaming (though not as much as you hendrix, good luck!) This seems really quite easy and fun (I've done it before a bit)
Thanks you guys for giving me hope again!!! :D You have no idea how happy I am now :P

Twister

Postby Twister » 28 Oct 2013 22:13

Well... I started months ago, but so far, there was only one lucid dream in the past... 3 months?

I sort of gave up on it, but my motivation is back. I just need some patience.

I've been keeping a dream journal, from blurry and non-memorable dreams to much more vivid dreams, is this a good sign?

I've been trying the WILD technique, but I just end up forgetting that I'm supposed to be mentally awake and just fall to sleep... hehe.

Anyway, is there some tips I can use? It would help me out a lot.

Thanks!
The one.

SweetNothing28

Postby SweetNothing28 » 12 Nov 2013 07:51

Hey. Well , I'm a new member here , just started today. I got a lot of questions. My first question is : Is it possible for me to Lucid dream? I mean , I sleep every single night for only five hours only.

2.) How long is the time in the dreams and in reality? Is it like Inception , is it longer?

And also I want to thank Rebbeca for this site. Thanks guys :)

Return to “For Beginners”