I need help on wild

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
shawn

I need help on wild

Postby shawn » 25 Dec 2011 02:57

Can anyone help with the wild techquie I get to the point where i cant hear or feel anything and sp starts i dont know how to pass this part and need help should i try a easier method or what

lucidinthe sky

Re: I need help on wild

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Dec 2011 19:17

What happens when you get to that point?

For me I often start in black and white, then go right into a vivid dream, then lucid when I see it's a dream. But I lose awareness for a very short time between the black and white and the vivid in-color. That's often enough for me to lose my way so to say. But around 1/3 of the time I make it through, just had another success.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

shawn

Postby shawn » 26 Dec 2011 04:10

Past that part sp happens with humming noise and vocies i dont really see colors at rare times i only see blue and black and i cant get to a vivd dream i try not to do anything to mess it up but i cant get pass sp

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Dec 2011 05:02

But then you must fall asleep at some point, correct? If so, you would then have a dream also at some point.

The reason I ask is because for me there is often a gap between SP and when I "wake up" inside a dream. Or, more often, I don't even notice SP. With the most recent WILD this morning (posted in the shared dream section), the gap was the snap of the fingers. I think it's important though to get as close as you can to the dream before losing awareness. And just keep working on it. The goal is of course to have no loss of awareness, but I've found this isn't a necessity for success. The closer I can get to the dream stage before I lose awareness, the better chance I have of becoming lucid when the dream stage starts.

Good luck and don't give up.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

shawn

Postby shawn » 27 Dec 2011 04:36

thank you i think you are right to get as close to the dream without losing awareness I will keep that in mind

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Dec 2011 02:37

Shawn,

I made another observation this morning after a failed WILD. I thought I'd share it with you, maybe you have experienced it or maybe it could help. My past 4 WILD attempts have all started with these kind of what I would call superficial dreams: some in black and white, in darkened settings, appearing almost 2 dimensional, semi-transparent, etc. The successes kick into full color, hi-def in a flash, really trippy, but the failures stay in this mode.

I'm beginning to think that attempts to stay aware end up keeping us semi-awake as well. In my failed WILD attempts, like this morning, my sleep level was not very deep and I stayed at this level the entire time. Other failed WILD attempts have basically been the same scenario. At one point I was lucid enough to try to enter into one of these dreams, but it was like trying to go into a movie or something, not possible. It was not like a real lucid dream experience where suddenly you are in a real place. I managed to maintain my awareness, but not to sleep deep enough to have a dream that was for a lack of better word "lucidible". Waking up from these experiences leaves me feeling like I didn't get enough sleep or like it was light sleep. Interesting enough, my last awesome lucid dream on Christmas was after several days of failed WILDs. I was pretty tired at that point and I think my body just took over, went into deep sleep and I got lucid. So I'm wondering if maybe when we are trying to stay aware, we end up trying to stay awake. I think we have also make sure that we allow ourselves to go into deep sleep. Let me know what you think.

shawn

Postby shawn » 30 Dec 2011 09:10

For me i think its the same way like the more i sleep the higher of change of being lucid the human body suppose to sleep for 9 hours but when i sleep more then that i had hit sp more often and like you said some reason when i attemted a wild i became semi-awake

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Dec 2011 18:11

I think it's very easy to try too hard and you have to relax and just let it happen.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”