WILD transitional images: What are yours like?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidinthe sky

WILD transitional images: What are yours like?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Dec 2011 18:02

There has been some discussion on a recent thread about WILD transition, images and mental shift so I thought I'd open that up if anyone would like to comment further. I got part way through a WILD this morning, but unfortunately didn't make to LD state. In the beginning, there were the familiar black and white images that I had on a previous successful attempt. I was outside and it was just about completely dark. There were two black clothing items on the ground. As I picked them up, I noticed that they felt completely normal and I recognized the feel of the material. At that moment I thought, "O.K. I got it, it's a dream." That's when things started getting really weird. There were all the swirling lights and colors and I could feel my body start to stiffen. I could barely handle that, but then there was this very real sensation of falling. In my last WILD I must have skipped that part and "woke up" on the other side. It's quite disorienting.

So what are your transitional images like of actual objects? My early ones are distinctly in darkened surroundings and I think they are black and white or maybe it's just too dark to see color. They are not as real looking as the full-on lucid dream images, but the mental state at that point makes it fairly easy to recognize as a dream, but yet still maintain my awareness which is great. The times when I "wake up" straight into a full color, high def dream the shift is too large for me to handle most of the time. But I'm going to have to mentally prepare myself more for the WILD ride into full dream state.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

shawn

Re: WILD transitional images: What are yours like?

Postby shawn » 26 Dec 2011 04:18

I never a had a wild suscess but at rare times i see blue and black blobs of colors

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 26 Dec 2011 05:47

Extreme variance in images sometimes: images like a cross; faces; shadow puppets. slide shows of the previous; have entered this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8hPkyJ0bU&feature=fvsr; have entered a game of pacman; have entered a game of grand theft auto San Andreas; have practiced math; have entered dream continuations of other problems I was working on.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Dec 2011 18:30

As I keep doing the WILD process, I'm seeing and more and more different levels of dreams depending on how deep into sleep you are. I had one this morning where I got lucid. The dream was in color with sharpness, but still wasn't deep enough and I feel like my presence kind of overloaded the dream or something. As soon as I got lucid I could see that the dream was slowing down and changing. I rubbed my hands together and it was like revving up the color and brighteness for a second, but then things were going in and out of focus and brightness was changing, going from 3 dimensions to 2 and back. Very unstable. Really interesting. At one point the picture shrank down to only the center portion, like looking at a framed photograph with an oval shaped mask inside the frame. Outside the frame was color, but no detail. LaBerge reports that when lucid dreams begin to disappear, the visual images are the first things to go, but tactile senses remain which is why rubbing your hands helps. Try again tomorrow!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”