An unexpected surprise

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

An unexpected surprise

Postby DrugX » 15 Nov 2011 13:30

Hello everyone,

So last night I hd a lucid dream which I totally didnt expect when I laid on my bed and went to sleep.I have been trying the autosuggestion technique for a few days now without any significant results, until yesterday night!
I dream of walking in a place which I did not recognize at all. As soon as I attain lucidity , I gain complete visual focus of everything around me. I look at my hand twice to stabilize my emotions , so that I do not lose my lucid state. I unfortunately wake up , only to be in another dream! So I experienced a false awakening within another dream layer.

So does this multi-layer dream phenomena happen to any of you occasionally? :)

Best Regards

Re: An unexpected surprise

Postby Jonathan » 18 Nov 2011 07:10

Cool experience!

I very rarely have multi-layer dreams, but it has happened to me a few times. :)

Postby Gooeymaw » 12 Dec 2011 01:08

I used to have them really ALL the time, and it got to be such a problem for me. It was during my middle school years especially. I always had a lot of trouble getting to sleep, and I would hear it when my mom called me to tell me to wake up, and I would try, and have so many false awakenings it was down right ridiculous. I was just soooo tired I had so much trouble waking up. I only occassionaly have these multi layer dreams.

Postby shaneth15 » 30 Dec 2011 18:54

The only two lucid dreams I've had so far have come from false awakenings. The first one I remember the best. I woke up in the place I went to sleep (in my rack on a ship) so everything seemed normal at first, but then I noticed a friend from back home was standing next to my rack. I remember thinking "wait a second, there's no way he could actually be here right now".. and i became lucid instantly.

It was my first time so the excitement cause everything to start to fade and I could feel myself waking up, but I then concentrated really hard on bringing myself back in and holding it, so everything became really clear and I was able to do some pretty cool stuff with the dream.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”