Pressing My Own Hands Through My Skull

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

Pressing My Own Hands Through My Skull

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2013 04:27

I got this idea from Peter a while back, but never actually tried it until now.
I also mentioned that I wanted to try 'something new and crazy' in that other thread LucidLink started.
It was on my mind, so it was the first thing I tried when I became lucid.

This started out as a long non-lucid dream, and I looked out a window and saw a giant Emu wading in a pond with others. There was a whole herd of them and I have never seen anything like that before, so I just had to run and get my camera to video tape it. I finally found it, after mistaking where I left it and picking up a phone instead.... (it was non-lucid at this point, so it was a little bizarre and I had false memories of where I left my camera).

I then sat and video taped these things, which were now like giant dinosaurs and just looked fake to me for some reason. Kind of like Jurassic Park with CGI. I then thought.... THIS IS PROBABLY A DREAM ISN'T IT?

Without looking down, I pressed my thumb into my thigh to make sure. It felt real, but I still had doubt. Suddenly, it started to give and the initial resistance gave way and I felt my thumb press right into my thigh. (Hard to describe). No pain, but like pressing your thumb into a thick viscous gel. I was not looking at it at this point and only using tactile sensations as I watched, and captured these incredible majestic beasts on film. I was disappointed at first because I realized I would not get this on actual film.

I then looked down and saw my thumb pressed into my blue jeans. Not in my leg, but sideways between the thin fabric of the denim. It was frayed like cut-off jeans just where the thumb entered, and because the fabric is so thin, the thumb was visible through what appeared to be a thin film. I touched the thumb through the fabric with my other hand and it felt like smooth plastic.

Now I wanted to try something else and go further. I was going to press my own hands into my head. I placed them atop my head and felt the camera still in my hand. (Funny how that came back). I tossed it aside and even felt a moment of, 'oh no, that is expensive', but had to remind myself it was a dream. I placed my fingers atop my head and slowly tried to push them in just like I did before with my thigh. It didn't work. My skull is to hard. I then thought, in more or less words, "Why not try my temples on the side of my head. They are softer with no bone. I pressed two fingers on either side, index and middle, and tried to press them in. Slowly, but surely, it worked! I pressed more and got all the fingers in.

My hands were now inside my own head. (Should I say that again, slower, just in case it didn't 'sink in'). MY HANDS.... WERE IN MY HEAD! :shock:

I felt around, but could only feel both my hands touching each other. I tried to press them down further, but I felt the top of my head again, even though I felt the position of my arms to be at ear-height where they entered through the sides. I tried to will my head to become 'solid' again so my hands would get stuck in there and I would rip my own face inside out from the inside. (I was ready to go crazy, outside the box at this point). But my head was still not really there anymore to the touch. I only felt my own hands with fingers interlaced. I pulled them out and it gave a little resistance because of friction of the fingers, but the 'head' was not solid or really there to feel anymore.

It ended abruptly. A foul if you will. But I was neither disappointed nor surprised that it ended. It was the tail-end of a long non-lucid and that tends to happen

It's hard to explain without visuals or hand gestures. But if you can imagine, it confused my sense of propioception, placement of body in relation to others without seeing them. My fingers felt the top of my head, even though my bent arms were telling me they were at ear-height. It has also opened my mind to other possible 'dream body manipulation'. The best part of these type dream goals is that they are not contingent upon any other dream character or place. You always have your hands and body in a dream if you choose to notice them no matter what.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Re: Pressing My Own Hands Through My Skull

Postby Peter » 18 Oct 2013 08:03

LOL that was a great post and glad you tried and succeeded in discovering the content of you head :lol:

On a boring but serious note it firmly puts the fact that the body in the dream is a construct used to house instruments that allow sensory impute but in fact are not even needed. Run with this idea and see what you can discover by not allowing a body to form up or getting rid of it when you get lucid.
I wont ruin any surprises and see what you can come up with
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2013 08:52

Peter wrote:I wont ruin any surprises and see what you can come up with

Yes, thank you. I realize this has been done before.
It's been done before, so don't tell me how 'this story ends' and we all have our own path.

I tell you though, I have never even tried to press my own fingers through my palm before which I have heard is a common reality check. Then I go and jump in and try and tear my face off from the inside out.... :lol:

It's not gruesome though. It's just testing how far you will go. And there was no pain. It's just getting over the perception of 'self' or 'dream body' which I put in quotes because they are illusions. Once I get over that, I will realize the mind and perception from within the supposed body transcends all that. Who knows how far this can go?

I'll still check those cards if I can, talk to dream characters, but this is a whole new avenue I haven't explored. It sounds so simple now that I have experienced it. But those dream characters.... I'm not done with them! (I gotta figure those guys out). But most of the time, they don't show up, so I now have this to fall back on.

I'm gonna try ripping a finger off next time and I'm not kidding. I've been thinking about it all day how to do it. (again, it's not gruesome and there is no pain. It's just a weird sensation to overcome and you must realize the visuals are only an illusion).

Our minds are above that.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Oct 2013 18:06

HAGART wrote:Now I wanted to try something else and go further. I was going to press my own hands into my head. I placed them atop my head and felt the camera still in my hand. (Funny how that came back). I tossed it aside and even felt a moment of, 'oh no, that is expensive', but had to remind myself it was a dream. I placed my fingers atop my head and slowly tried to push them in just like I did before with my thigh. It didn't work. My skull is to hard. I then thought, in more or less words, "Why not try my temples on the side of my head. They are softer with no bone. I pressed two fingers on either side, index and middle, and tried to press them in. Slowly, but surely, it worked! I pressed more and got all the fingers in.

That was a good idea, somehow it's also easier for me to visualize my fingers going through the temples although I can also imagine this incredible dizziness that I would probably experience in a dream. It almost makes me dizzy/sick trying to imagine it. Did you have any feelings like that?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Oct 2013 18:10

Peter wrote:On a boring but serious note it firmly puts the fact that the body in the dream is a construct used to house instruments that allow sensory impute but in fact are not even needed. Run with this idea and see what you can discover by not allowing a body to form up or getting rid of it when you get lucid.
I wont ruin any surprises and see what you can come up with

I have yet to experience any actual body parts with the exception of my hand which I routinely use for reality checks. At some point I want to look down and see if I have any legs, but expect to see nothing. It's interesting that you can walk around and feel your feet pressing against the ground, but there are no feet there unless you make them.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2013 19:35

lucidinthe sky wrote:I can also imagine this incredible dizziness that I would probably experience in a dream. It almost makes me dizzy/sick trying to imagine it. Did you have any feelings like that?

No I didn't. I was very determined without apprehension.
(I can't say that for every lucid dream goal I attempt, but certainly that is the key to success.)

Body parts tend to be there when you look at them. By 'make' them, all you do is look. I also don't tend to do that very often as I am too enthralled with what's around me instead of focusing on 'myself' in the dream.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Oct 2013 00:27

This is interesting. There was a tinge of Alan Worsley's bizarre thinking in this lucid dream with the camera and a mental barrier with the belief that the skull is too hard. It's like Neo struggling to accept that there is no hard skull. But then you had the brilliant idea of sinking your hands into your temporal lobes and I must say that I find the no head sensation fascinating. I must try this! LoL!

I feel like doing something crazy next time I have a lucid dream. Thanks for sharing, Hagart! I've never done this by the way!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Oct 2013 01:18

Its a cool thing to try, I did it a while back and the feeling was the same as if I put a finger through a hand and there was the sensation of hands in my head mushing up the grey matter but the observation point was little bit removed and like a duel awareness when you are involved in dream that is running but also observing at the same time. I call these lessons as we observe, interact and learn while having two points of reference.

Its a great barrier to break and funny as while you are doing it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Oct 2013 04:41

What would happen if we tried this while looking in a mirror? :shock:

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Oct 2013 17:02

HAGART wrote:What would happen if we tried this while looking in a mirror? :shock:

You may not even see "yourself" when looking into a mirror. I don't have a lot experience with mirrors, but on the 2 occasions that I looked into them someone else was in the reflection.

Dream Body Parts is really a fascinating subject. Last night I was holding hands with a DC and we started just with 2 fingers together and changed positions later so that we were completely in each other's hands. I could feel every movement of our fingers against each other, all of the details despite the fact that there are no actual fingers. It's really amazing.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”