Dream Challenge: Taste

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidLink

Re: Dream Challenge: Taste

Postby LucidLink » 26 Sep 2013 14:41

This is a great dream challenge, and a person favorite of mine when it comes to LD activities! It never fails to amaze me that we can taste in lucid dreams!

(Funny story, I naturally lucid dreamt as a child, with no knowledge of the term "lucid dreaming" or any techniques, I was completely on my own! And because of this, combined with me being a young child, I came to some wrong conclusions such as, "you can't eat in a dream! Why bother eatting in a dream? It's just a dream, it's not like you can taste anything." I came to this conclusion without ever even trying to eat, it was just a natural incorrect assumption. Now I see that was quite wrong, because taste is extroidinary in lucid dreams!!!)

I actually have a lucid dream posted in the "share your LD section" where I pull off a peace of the moon, just by reaching my hand up to it, (as I could In real life, I wouldn't really be touching it, but it looks I am) and then I pulled my hand back breaking a chunk off. I ate it, and it was just about the most delicious chocolate chip cookie I had EVER tasted. It was purely heavenly, perfect in every way. If never tasted anything so delicious. I marveled at the taste of the moon, which exceeded the deliciousness of anything I've ever tasted before. I awoke with a natural high, because I was so amazed by the taste and it just tasted so good. I proceeded to tell everyone I know that would listen about that lucid dream. It's a powerful one for me, and a great example of taste :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Oct 2013 02:09

I just had my best dream taste experience yet. A Chinese woman offered me something to eat. I asked what it was and she said it was a fruit with some kind of liqueur. It was strange looking, had a fuzzy outside like a kiwi and a pale blue color. It was already cut in half when she offered it to me. I put it in my mouth and it was one of the most intense and incredibly good tasting things I've ever had, including waking life. It was so amazing that it woke me up it was so intense and real. Wow! Though it is kind of rare, I have to say I'm really impressed with how real and intense the sense of taste can be in dreams. It totally caught me off guard.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Oct 2013 02:30

I had a lucid dream last night that didn't last long, and I was only semi-lucid as I call it. I was caught up in the moment and had no LD-goals. But I did eat an Orange that was already cut in half. For some reason, fruit that is already cut is so much more appetizing than whole isn't it? I became lucid with my family (that don't lucid dream), so I was showing off my 'lucid-powers'. I turned the center of the half orange into liquid and then drank it as though the half-peel was a cup. It was the perfect balance of sweet and citrus.

Ask yourself this, Lucid in the Sky:
Was the fruit an amalgamation of other fruits that you have eaten? The best aspects of everything? I think we are tasting a combination of what we like in fruit. In fact our taste buds have a desire first and then we find things in life to try and satisfy them. In a dream, we cut out the middle man and the taste buds get satisfied fully and it's hard to describe. Then the fruit is whatever we come up with, but the taste was 'perfect'.

And oh yea, I read LucidLinks reply but I never responded. It's an amazing dream you had and reminds me of other times I have questioned the illusion of distance in a lucid dream and far away things are reachable if only you think you can. And who hasn't considered the moon to be a tasty treat?! It's a big Moon Pie after all! :lol: And again, it tastes 'perfect'. And we wake up and can't describe it fully.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Oct 2013 12:20

HAGART wrote:I had a lucid dream last night that didn't last long, and I was only semi-lucid as I call it. I was caught up in the moment and had no LD-goals. But I did eat an Orange that was already cut in half. For some reason, fruit that is already cut is so much more appetizing than whole isn't it? I became lucid with my family (that don't lucid dream), so I was showing off my 'lucid-powers'. I turned the center of the half orange into liquid and then drank it as though the half-peel was a cup. It was the perfect balance of sweet and citrus.

Ask yourself this, Lucid in the Sky:
Was the fruit an amalgamation of other fruits that you have eaten? The best aspects of everything? I think we are tasting a combination of what we like in fruit. In fact our taste buds have a desire first and then we find things in life to try and satisfy them. In a dream, we cut out the middle man and the taste buds get satisfied fully and it's hard to describe. Then the fruit is whatever we come up with, but the taste was 'perfect'.

The flavor of it was mostly the liqueur which in general I don't drink. But I wanted to get back to this thread now because I just woke up from another non-lucid where I tasted another fruit. I was at this fruit stand and a lady at the stand showed me some pears which were very unusual looking pears. They were and orangish-golden color, really beautiful color. They were very large, but much wider than thick so kind of flat and rough textured. "How much are they?" I asked. She said "I like to get 3 to 6 dollars a pound for them." That's an expensive pear! Then she told me to try a sample so I took a small piece off the end which was kind of like a stalk and already with no skin on it so you could see the juice coming out. I figured that end might not taste good, but I felt bad cutting into the rest of it and not maybe not liking it. So I pulled a piece of it off the stalk end and tasted it. Again, it was an intense, sweet and incredible flavor, but no I can't describe it as you say. I told her I would buy it. The price was $30! And I thought it was worth it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Clair

Postby Clair » 19 Oct 2013 03:48

I must have been hungry or something... Last week I was dreaming that my landlord brought over a tray of hamburgers and sodas. The cups were full of ice but no soda. I took a sip anyway and totally felt the cold and tasted the ice water. As soon a I woke up I had a massive craving for burgers and root beer!

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 19 Oct 2013 06:58

I top it. During one of my earliest known lucids I was in a dream where there was a lot of food. It looked, smelled, felt like and tasted like the food in the real world. I ate my fair share and when I woke up I felt full.

radicaldreamer

Postby radicaldreamer » 20 Oct 2013 11:34

Within the last three years I have been noticing increased sense availability in dreams.
When I was a child, and I dreamed of eating things in my dreams, the food would taste like morning breath. :lol:

Now in these last three years or so, whenever I dream of eating something, (or tasting somebody 8-) ), it smells, feels and tastes just like I can imagine it in real life. I have these dreams way less often than other things but I definitely have noticed it in all recent instances.

I've always had a good memory for scents and flavors, so I wonder if focusing on remembering how something tastes while you're awake, (which I do often), might increase dreams with actual taste in them.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 06 Dec 2013 01:11

I recently ate some swiss rolls in a dream and they tasted like paper :(
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”