Hovering between lucid and reality

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
AceOfSpades

Hovering between lucid and reality

Postby AceOfSpades » 08 Oct 2013 08:48

I found myself kinda sort of in a situation yesterday. I was taking the bus to a job I was doing. And while I was sitting down I find myself almost napping. I didn't thank god as I would have missed my stop, but I found myself being sort of in a state where my left eye could see the real world. While my right Eye could see the dream world. The best way to describe it would be old style 3d glasses. Red for one eye and blue for the other. By themselves they are just different shades of color but put them together you get to see a 3d image. It was like I was seeing both dream and reality at the same time. The scary part was I was wide awake.

Peter

Re: Hovering between lucid and reality

Postby Peter » 08 Oct 2013 09:05

Awesome, might have had one side of the brain offline and other online. Animals do this all the time so they are alert while they are asleep and they switch sides every few minutes.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 08 Oct 2013 09:24

I heard about that too, but doesn't effect human's badly or something?

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Oct 2013 19:21

Have no idea, anyway if it was fun, interesting and did no harm then be grateful for the experience. Just dont try it while driving :D
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 08 Oct 2013 20:30

Of course not. It was scary at first as I didn't know what the hell was going on, but once I got used to it it felt like....almost like I was doing it the whole time.

radicaldreamer

Postby radicaldreamer » 20 Oct 2013 11:59

I've had some partial dreams while in reality.
A few were scary though because I was driving. :(
One time I was taking a 25 minute drive to my friend's house and I was blasting music, chewing gum and sipping orange juice in order to stay awake. (I wasn't sleep deprived, I just have one or two sleep disorders) I saw a sign up ahead on the side of the road, and the number "11" drew itself on the sign. I quickly realized that I was not fully awake, and forced myself to wake and there was a light post in its place, not a sign.

Another time I was thinking about a jet shooter game for the Nintendo Virtual boy, and tried to visualize what the ship looked like. I must have gotten into a trance because suddenly I could see the crappy red 3D ship taking form and then it was gone.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 20 Oct 2013 18:43

radicaldreamer wrote:I've had some partial dreams while in reality.
A few were scary though because I was driving. :(
One time I was taking a 25 minute drive to my friend's house and I was blasting music, chewing gum and sipping orange juice in order to stay awake. (I wasn't sleep deprived, I just have one or two sleep disorders) I saw a sign up ahead on the side of the road, and the number "11" drew itself on the sign. I quickly realized that I was not fully awake, and forced myself to wake and there was a light post in its place, not a sign.

Another time I was thinking about a jet shooter game for the Nintendo Virtual boy, and tried to visualize what the ship looked like. I must have gotten into a trance because suddenly I could see the crappy red 3D ship taking form and then it was gone.

This is quite interesting haha!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”