Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
shadowphil

Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Postby shadowphil » 08 Oct 2013 03:01

Has Anyone Read a book called Less Incomplete by Sandie Gustus? Its Quite an Incredible read. I Have been able to lucid dream or and have OBE's. For as long as I can remember I have been having the sensations commonly attributed to either lucid dreaming or the start of Astral Travel. ie, I have had the vibrations you get and also had sleep paralysis for many years yet have never understood what or why they come about. But It was early this year after having the worst time of my life, Splitting from a girlfriend and then having severe sciatic back pain, that I Had a very vivid OBE. Seeing my sleeping self as an unconscious looking at my physical body.

I had many dreams before where there were beings around my house and where I believed I was awake yet none of the light switches would ever work. Is the Light switch thing a good indicator that you are Lucid? I thought this was a recurring nightmare. But after some research I discovered that I was In fact having either Lucid dreams or in the beginning's of Astral travel and or OBE's.
Hi I'm Phil, Im 37 from Essex In the UK.

I have had some very odd Lucid dreams where I was seemingly held down by an entity or being that had considerable power but the odd thing is that one time the beings face was very familiar. He was a neighbour of one of my customers. Strange. Since then and before I have had less frightening experiences But am still learning to roll from my body after the noisy vibrational state. Ive yet to discover the astral planes or any spirit guides. Maybe this is Because I'm not very religious?

Can anyone give any advice as to what or how I can do this or make it easier to meet my guides. Also what do cats attacking you mean when your in control of your lucid dream? I was followed and scratched by at least 12 of them in one experience. But I was able to fly above them watching them watch me fly up.

Strange stuff indeed Any help or ideas on Astral Planes and guides would be cool.

I'm Phil 37 from the UK in sunny Essex

Summerlander

Re: Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Postby Summerlander » 08 Oct 2013 18:43

Hi, Phil, I've necer read that book. Sounds interesting. By the way, if you want a guide, just wish for one, call for one out loud and strongly expect someone to turn up. Try it! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

noelnivel

Postby noelnivel » 13 Oct 2013 03:01

well, I've been lucid dreaming for over 40 years now and have tried astro travel and obe and experimented with many ideas. I've never found any reality (how does one call this reality, me typing, this reality?) let me clarify: i have never found in my usual waking state anything confirming any dream state as being anything other than my projected imagination.

now, that doesn't mean i don't possess wisdom from within which i could access through an imagined "guide"
but i think my experience is that I'm always talking with my psyche...that part of me that never sleeps, that keeps me alive, keeps me breathing and functioning, solves problems for me, in the background, while I'm asleep.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Oct 2013 21:02

i have never found in my usual waking state anything confirming any dream state as being anything other than my projected imagination.

Neither have I. That makes two of us. To me, lucid dreams and out-of-bodies are the same kettle of fish. As LaBerge put it: "Perceiving is dreaming true, dreaming is perceiving free..." In other words, perception in the waking state is "dreaming" constrained by sensory input. When you sleep and dream, however, your perception is unconstrained (or largely unconstrained) by sensory input.

Astral projection is just a belief-centric interpretation of what is perceived during a hybrid brain state that compounds both dreaming and waking consciousness (a state somewhere in-between where you are literally awake in the dream world).

Anyway, whatever you think, have a read of this and cast your vote:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13609

Is Astral Projection real?

Find out! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 Oct 2013 04:36

Hi Phil!

Please give my free book a read: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf

I answer a lot of the questions you have been asking. :)

Unlike Summerlander, I know all of this stuff is very real.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Oct 2013 05:04

Ryan wrote:Unlike Summerlander, I know all of this stuff is very real.

Are you saying Summerlander is not real? To be honest, I have never considered that possibility. :o
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Oct 2013 15:29

Lol! :-D

- Padmasambhava

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 Oct 2013 21:34

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Ryan wrote:Unlike Summerlander, I know all of this stuff is very real.

Are you saying Summerlander is not real? To be honest, I have never considered that possibility. :o

ROFL :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Oct 2013 00:29

He knows and he is willing to change your mind about the whole thing with his free book which I've read btw... :-D

And I must be unreal since he's returned to promote his Monroe-Keppleian dogma and find that I'm still here... B-)

- Padmasambhava

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 21 Oct 2013 18:51

[quote][/quote]And I must be unreal since he's returned to promote his Monroe-Keppleian dogma and find that I'm still here... B-)

Summerlander you are unreal. Whatever you sprout is the truth, but others promote dogma. I think you should either accept that others also have a right to be taken seriously, or move on. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”