Hello, i'm new here, but let me share a lucid dream.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
The Beach Boy

Hello, i'm new here, but let me share a lucid dream.

Postby The Beach Boy » 20 Oct 2013 21:37

I know I probably should have introduced myself first but i'll save that for this little dream introduction here. A little information about my dreaming experience; I have been lucid dreaming for a long time but not consistently until I started researching it and really getting serious about it a few months ago. I'd spontaneously lucid dream about once a month throughout being 12 - 17 and I would always realize I was dreaming, and then just start meditating and flying above everyone while all the people in the dream just marveled at what I was doing. I've always had pretty good dream recall and i've always really been intoxicated by the dreams I had. I recently spent 4 months in a rehabilitation center that I truly should not have been at so needless to say I was rather bored. While there, I used my dreams to bring comfort and excitement into my normally mundane scheduling there. Anyway, my point is i've always loved dreams a lot more than the normal person probably should.

So here is a lucid dream I just woke up from; I have had a series of consistently better lucid dreams in the past months as i've gotten serious about the practice and they always happen like this. In this dream, I realized I was dreaming (from unknown source, but I frequently question reality) and I figured out what I wanted to do. In this particular dream before I became lucid there was this girl who I was spending a lot of innocent time with who I kinda have a crush on in real life so I recall being in my room being lucid and remembering this girl was outside just down the street. I remember putting my pants on in a fuzzier version of my room and I noticed that as I walked out it was still a bit fuzzy so I began to continuously rub my hands together and do simple math.
As I approached this group of dream figures (my friends who I learned from the previous part of the dream before it was lucid were all visiting me to hang out) I looked for the girl I wanted to see. It was odd though because it seemed like all the dream figures were trying as hard as they could to get me to not get to her. They systematically approached me and got in my way and I recall being tempted to ask them what they represented but I knew it would probably result in something more profound then what I was trying to do. Anyway, once I finally got to the girl (after pushing through these people) I was ashamed to find it was some askew looking version of herself. The voice was the same I think, but the hair was much different and overall it just didn't seem like the person I was looking for. Nevertheless, I kissed her with the intention that it was as close as I could get. (I still have not yet learned to manipulate my dream scene with great ease) So yeah, the dream ended a little bit after that and I don't really remember why or what happened but the dream had been going on for a long time so it's not surprising.

Some questions i'd like to ask to you experienced dreamers:

How do you manipulate your dream? (Right now my ultimate goal is to go to this specific spot on a beach I know and love to play a grand piano that i'd envision there under the moonlight)

Why are my lucid dreams so quick? (I don't get too excited, I perform my clarity tests and keep a calm head but the dreams seemingly end out of nowhere for no reason seemingly. It's been a long time since i've gotten a vast and expansive trip from my lucid dream as my lucidity last for about 10 minutes on average lately.)

Why do people not look the same sometimes, and how could I have in that particular dream saw the girl I wanted to see as she was? (for in the previous unlucid sequences she looked exactly the same)

Peter

Re: Hello, i'm new here, but let me share a lucid dream.

Postby Peter » 20 Oct 2013 23:00

How do you manipulate your dream? (Right now my ultimate goal is to go to this specific spot on a beach I know and love to play a grand piano that i'd envision there under the moonlight)

You dont, you can at times control some elements of the dream and its best to just go along with it. If you want to play a piano on the beach go do it in real life even its on a phone app (must be one)

Why are my lucid dreams so quick? (I don't get too excited, I perform my clarity tests and keep a calm head but the dreams seemingly end out of nowhere for no reason seemingly. It's been a long time since i've gotten a vast and expansive trip from my lucid dream as my lucidity last for about 10 minutes on average lately.)

You most likely are concerned about the length as if is the goal and so keep pinging yourself out of the dream. Just get busy and involved and forget about time, use what you have just like life and enjoy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 20 Oct 2013 23:46

Thanks for the reply, however, I was under the impression from reading Rebecca's stuff on the main website that it is very possible to create your own dream scapes and enter them using WILD techniques and other tricks like that. (I have even heard of making dream doors that teleport you to where you've constructed) Surely playing a piano on a beach is not an impossible scene to be able to conjure up? I've actually had a lucid dream since then where I was teleported to that spot on the beach but before I got to see a piano I was thrown out of the dream due to a really scary interaction with a terrifying looking old lady who, when I asked what she represented, responded, "..Prison."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Oct 2013 03:11

It hard, and even perhaps impossible to create a dream scene in perfect detail. The best I can do is get a general idea of it. I rarely do that though and what comes naturally in the dream exceeds my expectations anyway. My subconscious is so much more creative than my waking, daydream mind.

One of the few times I ever did this, I too was thinking of a beach. Nothing better than a sunny beach right? I actually started to see one and floated in, but it became a water park instead. Still a fun place. It too ended very abruptly. You have to become so enthralled with it that it becomes your entire reality and you forget about everything else. Other times I wake up and look at the clock and realize that is why. It was the time I usually wake up and there is nothing I could have done.

As for looking for the girl and having everything and everyone seem to stop you. I know what that's like. We all have tried to experience some dream love, but I must say, most of the time, my evil subconscious is a cockblocker! :evil:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 06:38

Haha, isn't that the truth! But yeah, i'll be honest with you guys, I want to find this place in my dream (the piano on the beach) to practice music! I am a music obsessive and I record and make original 60s-esque music by myself. Since I am a one man band I have to sing, record, produce, and play five separate instruments. Needless to say, it's quite a lot of practice time. I've always wanted to find this piano in my dream so I can dedicate some of my lucid dreams to some really intense piano study as i've heard practicing in your dreams can bring very real results to the waking life. I suppose the piano doesn't HAVE to be on the beach haha.. but that was the beautiful vision in my mind and I am determined to create this scene. By god, it doesn't have to have anything but a piano and a beach hah! Surely it's possible?! Anything is possible in a dream. ;)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Oct 2013 06:39

HAGART wrote:It hard, and even perhaps impossible to create a dream scene in perfect detail.

Actually it's easy, we do it every night. The hard part is having an exact dream scene in mind and creating that one. But actually even that is not difficult, we just haven't learned how to control the function.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but I really think there is an important distinction here to make. My father could wiggle his ears, it was easy for him. Try as I might, I never could do it. It wasn't difficult for him because he knew how to control the muscles. I think it's kind of like that.

Don't claim to be a master of this for sure, but from what I've seen so far, dreams are "intent driven" not "effort driven". It's not how hard you try, but how effectively you focus your intent. I have barely scratched the surface on this, but have experienced it. It's easy when you do it right.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 07:06

Well by God my intent is clear as day! I know exactly what I want the scene to look like as I go there everyday and see it.. (the only difference is the piano is not there) So really all I am asking is to be able to (on will) experience that beach as I always do, with just a piano there. Surely this isn't out of the question. It's not like I have to create a new world, everything is already there from my exposure to it in real life.. I just need that sweet, sweet grand piano!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Oct 2013 14:55

It's not impossible to create what you want. You can have an interesting action plan prior to inducing a lucid dream which will help you to stay focused and prevent hesitations that can lead to premature awakenings.

Start by having 2-3 steps in a plan of action and once you find yourself lucid in dreamland, carry them out. If there is still time left then you can do improvised actions. Do not worry about the lucid dream collapsing and be confident that you will find and do what your heart desires.

There are some exercises you can do in Michael Raduga's "The Phase" guidebook. In fact, you can download the whole book for free. You will find various techniques that will help you to deepen, maintain, and manage the phase state (hybrid brain state that gives rise to lucid dreaming and OOBEs).

One more thing: just because the lucid dream ends doesn't mean it's the end of the phase state experience. Re-enter the lucid dream world. The minute you feel the bed beneath you, stubbornly move away and separate from the perceived physical body stencil. Insist on experiencing the dream body. You might encounter a replica of your bedroom but you can always employ a technique to translocate. Amplify your senses and maintain perception of the dream world. If it collapses, re-enter again and again and again until you expire this option.

Once you have satiated yourself and are satisfied then you can worry about remembering all the details of the entire experience. "Separation" from the body, by the way, must be performed immediately after a foul (undesired exit from the phase state).

Good luck!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Oct 2013 17:02

The Beach Boy wrote: I know exactly what I want the scene to look like as I go there everyday and see it.

That certainly changes things. In that case it will be much easier to go there.

I was joking to myself yesterday about your name. He's not the Beach Boys; he is THE Beach BOY. What about the other boys in the band? Who's this guy think he is, a one man band or something? ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Oct 2013 17:17

Why were you in rehab?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”