Hey, I'm new here

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Silvernight

Hey, I'm new here

Postby Silvernight » 20 Oct 2013 20:15

This must be my first ever introduction post, I never bothered before, but here I feel some background is in order. :D I'm not entirely new to the whole lucid dreaming thing, just didn't have too many of them. I've had just a handful of spontaneous lucid dreams over the years, and all of them were very short. Cause that's my main problem with lucid dreams - I'm "ejected" out of them (i.e. wake up) far too quickly. I don't seem to have any problem with staying lucid once I'm actually lucid or with control, including flying, but my exploits are usually cut short after I have barely started exploring around. But my last lucid dream just a few nights ago was unusually long by my standards! I looked around (it was supposedly my apartment, but it was different, and I apparently had three sisters) and after I got bored of that I went flying for some time. Which doesn't seem too complicated to do, I just jump up and start flying, usually it works first time. I have found that inducing lucid dreams doesn't require any particular techniques on my part, except just having lucid dreaming on my mind throughout the day, and not even all the time. Reading a forum or anything else on the topic is helpful too. And then a lucid dream is practically guaranteed in a few days or so. I really hope I'll be having more of them in the future. Also would like to learn astral projection, which seems far more complicated. Is there any effective way to do it straight from a lucid dream? I'm not very likely to ever astral project otherwise, as I have tried before and I suck big time at meditation.

adlee00

Re: Hey, I'm new here

Postby adlee00 » 21 Oct 2013 11:33

hi all
http://www.ivlproducts.com/Superfoods/All-Day-Energy-Greens-174---The-Best-Energy-Supplement.axd

tea

Postby tea » 21 Oct 2013 16:23

hi there! congratularions on your lucid dreams! i especially like that you have no problem with flying :D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Silvernight

Postby Silvernight » 21 Oct 2013 19:17

Thank you :) Yeah, flying is like first thing that immediately comes to mind when I'm lucid. I've got to set some other goals, maybe tasting something next time, though this might be harder to recall.

tea

Postby tea » 21 Oct 2013 20:12

cool! if you are interested, you can go check my list.. maybe there is something you'd like to try out: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462&p=16396#p16396
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Silvernight

Postby Silvernight » 22 Oct 2013 13:51

Thank you, there are some good idead there. :)

Silvernight

Postby Silvernight » 22 Oct 2013 17:59

Guys, I think I astral projected for the first time last night for the whole of... 2 seconds. xD But it's a start! :D I didn't even have an intention to do so as I had no success with it before, so this was a bit random. I was having a sleepless second half of the night, turning every other way and still not able to fall asleep (I get random insomnia spells sometimes). I was not lying on my back, rather in a foetal position on my side because I'm unable to fall asleep on my back. Then, at some point, I felt intense vibrations, but I didn't feel them starting in any particular body part, my whole body was vibrating at once, complete with the buzzing sound and all. I wasn't sure how to help the process along so I basically just let it happen, which is why it probably worked. After a short time of enjoying this weird sensation and hoping to God it would culminate in, you know, an OBE (I did try to imagine myself standing at the foot of my bed or looking at myself from above for a second but then let it go), I actually felt my substance (astral body?) separating and starting to float up. I was like, okay, good, now let's take it slooowly and carefully, since I was afraid to jeopardise this state somehow. But before I was able to even take a look at myself, I was instantly snapped back into my body and woke up again. :? Damn. xD Better luck next time, I hope.

I had the vibrations start a couple of times before but never actually succeeded in detaching from my body. Might be because I tried too hard, whereas this time I just let it happen.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Oct 2013 22:52

Yea, you just have to let it happen.
It took me several months to get use to it and ride on out into a dream. For me, my first time, I started to see scenery and a large steel bridge, and my own reflection on glass. Then I looked around and there I was on a bus! I was in a 3D, vivid dream all of a sudden.

They are different each time so don't have any expectations.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Silvernight

Postby Silvernight » 23 Oct 2013 13:48

Well, I'd like to have a full-on OBE, not ride into a dream. :) I already know what a lucid dream feels like, but I haven't had any OBEs/astral projections yet. Those seem to be harder to attain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”