Dream Art Wanted!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Re: Dream Art Wanted!

Postby Summerlander » 04 Apr 2013 14:28

Just put this one together recently. The characters are from hypnagogic imagery I've experienced before. The assembly is for artistic purposes.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Apr 2013 02:13

Nice work as usual. Is that the "old hag" on the left :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Apr 2013 00:34

It could be if you like. Although the characters were seen during hypnagogia and lasted briefly. You know those images that can potentially turn into full-fledged lucid dreams or mind worlds you can enter on the cusp of mind awake body asleep? They're the ones. The characters are probably as bizzare to me as they are to you. I'm glad you like the pic btw. :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 12:33

You must all know it :lol:
Attachments
8.jpg
8.jpg (64.16 KiB) Viewed 5945 times
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 24+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

crazyguitarking

Postby crazyguitarking » 21 Apr 2013 16:03

Hello so heres my drawing I'm unsure about it not sure if it's totally what I wanted I started out well but then I don't know if the rest is good so give your opinion also this is the first psychedelic artwork I've done ever and I'm not good with colours so maybe a next time. I don't know if you notice it but theres a spirit coming out of the guy's (me) head. It's a mix of lucid dreams when I was little where I levitated above a path in the woods from a short distance to the ground and my big lucid dream which I mentioned in the forum with the reailway "that one weird lucid dream" Image

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 22 Apr 2013 07:50

crazyguitarking wrote:Hello so heres my drawing I'm unsure about it not sure if it's totally what I wanted I started out well but then I don't know if the rest is good so give your opinion also this is the first psychedelic artwork I've done ever and I'm not good with colours so maybe a next time. I don't know if you notice it but theres a spirit coming out of the guy's (me) head. It's a mix of lucid dreams when I was little where I levitated above a path in the woods from a short distance to the ground and my big lucid dream which I mentioned in the forum with the reailway "that one weird lucid dream" Image

WOOOW nice, you are great in drawing i see
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 24+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

crazyguitarking

Postby crazyguitarking » 22 Apr 2013 19:09

Je-Je wrote:
crazyguitarking wrote:Hello so heres my drawing I'm unsure about it not sure if it's totally what I wanted I started out well but then I don't know if the rest is good so give your opinion also this is the first psychedelic artwork I've done ever and I'm not good with colours so maybe a next time. I don't know if you notice it but theres a spirit coming out of the guy's (me) head. It's a mix of lucid dreams when I was little where I levitated above a path in the woods from a short distance to the ground and my big lucid dream which I mentioned in the forum with the reailway "that one weird lucid dream" Image

WOOOW nice, you are great in drawing i see

thank you very much :)

Spirit_Wolf

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 11 May 2013 20:02

Wow! All of this artwork is incredible!!!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

fistania

Postby fistania » 11 Jun 2013 17:36

(edit: hi Rebecca, can you please edit the link of my artist portfolio in World of Lucid Dreaming dream art gallery "Childhood Dream" and "On The Roof" to 'http://fistaniaa.livejournal.com' ? thank you so much :))

i made another one!
if anybody wants to see the detail in a much much bigger size, go to my amateur art blog (fistaniaa.livejournal.com), click "Dream Arts", and click "[Moving On]".

Fantasy & You Full Fistania copy.png
Moving On (full)
Fantasy & You Full Fistania copy.png (241.77 KiB) Viewed 5789 times

Fantasy & You detail Fistania copy.png
Moving On (detail)
Fantasy & You detail Fistania copy.png (239.24 KiB) Viewed 5789 times

i didn't record this dream in dream journal!! :(

i joined coursera.org , somekind of online classes and i enrolled on the traditional art class.
this week assignment was to make a fantasy art, so i made it from my dream.
here's (part of) my Artist Statement:

Story and symbols explaination:

i believe there's nothing more symbolic and fantastical than one's dream, that's why i use one of my dream for this assignment. The red buildings was a big mall and i was inside them doing my activities. i went to the veranda, and the gravity suddenly rotated 90 degrees like in the picture, and i saw two office buildings beneath me. i didn't want to let go from that place but the gravity forced me to and somehow i felt that i need to go there. i let go and float downward while looking at the mall and noticed the japanese ornaments and the huge clock, landed on the small-scale offices. eventhough there were only buildings and a sky, the boat somehow was there, floating like it was on the water.

i had this dream when i was in the 1st-2nd year of college, feeling like i never had the time to do my hobbies (always related to japanese culture) as free as when i was in highschool, and this dream was about that. i went to the same kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and highschool. but highschool was the best years of my life, and a lot of things happened.

the red color represents my energy at those times.
the comedy-tragedy mask represents all the emotions i've felt.
the fox mask is because i really like it, and it may represents that sometimes i need to hide my real emotions.
i felt protection there, presented by the red japanese temple above the fan.
doing my hobbies keeps me cool and happy, and made my life more beautiful (the japanese fans).
but the time has come for me to move on (the giant clock),
and i must move forward to college life (the gravity being rotated, i had to let go from the red building).
i actually wanted it, but as time passes i find it boring (i floated down willingly, but there was nothing on the grey buildings).
and when i look behind, i feel that a lot has happened in those highschool years (i look up, and that's when i noticed the japanese ornaments.)

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 22:20

Wow, some of these pictures (most of them!) are breathtakingly beautiful. I wish that I could post my music as dream art as I have some really dreamy songs about the subject.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”