Hello, i'm new here, but let me share a lucid dream.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
The Beach Boy

Re: Hello, i'm new here, but let me share a lucid dream.

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 21:12

Summerlander wrote:Why were you in rehab?

Well, I had gotten really drunk one night (this was over a year ago) and the next morning in my still blacked out haze I decided to take a reality shaking dose of a dissociative drug known as "DXM" when my mom found me she thought I had overdosed because I was just staring and not talking to her so she took me to the hospital where they drug tested me and basically made me just finish the trip in the hospital. (AKA a huge waste of a trip and everyone's time and money) They drug tested me and DXM in large doses happens to test as false positive for like 5 different drugs (opiates, amphetamines, pcp just being a few of the great things that showed up) so the doctor who was completely ignorant to the stuff demanded I be send to rehab to save my life. I honestly didn't need to be there because I have never had a drug addiction and I was actually at a time in my life where I was the best off on drugs but oh well that's life. That happened when I was 16. I am 18 now. Sorry to go off topic there, I am now reading the other responses and I will comment but I definitely wanted to clear this up very honestly as to let people know why I did go.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 21:20

HAGART wrote:
The Beach Boy wrote: I know exactly what I want the scene to look like as I go there everyday and see it.

That certainly changes things. In that case it will be much easier to go there.

I was joking to myself yesterday about your name. He's not the Beach Boys; he is THE Beach BOY. What about the other boys in the band? Who's this guy think he is, a one man band or something? ;)

Actually yes, I am a one man band. I am not the Beach Boys I am THE boy from the beach! Hahaha... I would never actually call a band that because it is kinda cocky sounding i'll admit. I just figured that since I desired so greatly to see the beach with a piano in my lucid dream and since I am a huge Beach Boys fan the name would be appropriate. But yes, I am a one man band quite literally.
I will link you an album I did about 7 months ago. It is kinda weird because I called it, "Lucid Vibrations" and the music had all these dream references but I never actually knew anything about lucid dreaming at the time.. perhaps I was foreshadowing? Please though, go to this link and get the song "Early Morning Blues Music." Just click "buy song" and punch in "0" as the price. I would really love for you to hear the sound I try and go for!

(I am not trying to advertise either! I just read that comment "who's this guy think he is, a one man band or something?" and I could not resist hehe.. anyway, all the music on there is free so it's not like i'm making money. I just genuinely think you'd be happy to hear it. You might even understand me more.)

album link: http://fullcircleexperience.bandcamp.com/album/lucid-vibrations (You don't have to get the whole thing, just get the song "Early Morning Blues Music" I think you will like it. It has a very, very dreamy feeling.)
Last edited by The Beach Boy on 21 Oct 2013 21:28, edited 3 times in total.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 21:25

Summerlander wrote:It's not impossible to create what you want. You can have an interesting action plan prior to inducing a lucid dream which will help you to stay focused and prevent hesitations that can lead to premature awakenings.

Start by having 2-3 steps in a plan of action and once you find yourself lucid in dreamland, carry them out. If there is still time left then you can do improvised actions. Do not worry about the lucid dream collapsing and be confident that you will find and do what your heart desires.

There are some exercises you can do in Michael Raduga's "The Phase" guidebook. In fact, you can download the whole book for free. You will find various techniques that will help you to deepen, maintain, and manage the phase state (hybrid brain state that gives rise to lucid dreaming and OOBEs).

One more thing: just because the lucid dream ends doesn't mean it's the end of the phase state experience. Re-enter the lucid dream world. The minute you feel the bed beneath you, stubbornly move away and separate from the perceived physical body stencil. Insist on experiencing the dream body. You might encounter a replica of your bedroom but you can always employ a technique to translocate. Amplify your senses and maintain perception of the dream world. If it collapses, re-enter again and again and again until you expire this option.

Once you have satiated yourself and are satisfied then you can worry about remembering all the details of the entire experience. "Separation" from the body, by the way, must be performed immediately after a foul (undesired exit from the phase state).

Good luck!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Okay, I must admit that is some very interesting stuff! I have never before attempted that level of dreaming proficiency yet. The idea of leaving your body is nothing new to me as I cheated my way there many times using dissociative drugs; leaving my body naturally, however, is something I am incredibly interested in. The idea that I could cause myself to directly exit into the dream I desire is just insane to me. I will practice intently with all the determination I can muster to achieve this dreamscape I am trying to enter (the grand piano in the sand on a moonlit beach.) Perhaps it is not so impossible after all ehh...? Thanks so much for the help.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Oct 2013 21:37

OK I will look your music up.
You are a very frank, honest person and it shows. I feel I am the same way.

I seriously did think that yesterday, and after your other post I realized you ARE a one man band so I brought it up and joked about it.

Although not a musician, I hear music in lucid dreams sometimes and make it up as I go along. It always sounds amazing when I do it, but then when I wake up I can't reconstruct it and need equipment to do it. I also sometimes make up music in me head when I'm bored. It's usually a groovy drum beat with no lyrics or a long guitar solo. Or some Goa Trance. (It's a bit esoteric but there is plenty of it on you tube and I love that stuff. It's got a fan base, mostly ravers. I listen to it sober and I like it). I feel I am a musician in my mind, but I just can't 'put pen to paper' and make it a reality. I can pick up a guitar and bang at it, but it just sounds like noise and I wish I could share my inner music and actually play it.

Guitar is like a language and once it become an extension of your mind and you play what you hear in your head as fast as it comes to you then you are fluent. I know this, but it's hard. And when things get hard I give up. I should dust off my old guitar in the attic and pick it up again.

I don't like to advertise either, but you guys gotta here this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xxENiPxxWo
Who knew science and tripped out dream-like music could work so well!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 21:58

I will gladly listen to your song whenever I get back from some errands I gotta run. I do feel I am a very honest person. I grew up with a drug addicted father who (through constant lying) lost the love and respect of his entire family, including me. So, I try as hard as I can to be incredibly honest as long as it's not hurting anyone. I really would love to hear what you have to say about my song though. It's got a 60s vibe to it but the atmosphere and lyrics is very much a lucid dream feeling. Also, on a side note, I am very proficient in music theory so if you ever wanted to learn it I would gladly teach you via skype messages or whatever. No need to give me any personal information or anything like that as I wouldn't do that for someone over the internet unless I really trusted them, but I really do enjoy teaching people music. So yeah, if you are ever interested or have any questions about guitar or any standard musical instrument/musical theory just ask away! I hope you (and the others here) will help me with lucid dream theory as well hehe. Music is my life, so sorry if I get a bit carried away with it here and there but I really am here for the lucid dreaming! Honest! Heheheh

edit: I'm actually listening to it right now as I got time and it's pretty cool so far! I don't usually listen to trance but I definitely appreciate it and enjoy it when I do. I prefer more standard instrumental trance (like trance featuring more acoustic instruments such as piano) but if done tastefully I also like electronic trance as well. I think the echoed scientific theories really add a sweet layer to the sound.. especially when paired with the awesome visuals!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Oct 2013 22:09

No worries. And I am glad you are free from rehab! It certainly wasn't off-topic. There is a tip that you might want to bear in mind which yields fast and effective results. As soon as you awaken from an ordinary dream, separate immediately!!! Don't even think how you will do it or if it will or won't work. Just do it. A lot of people don't realise but the first sensations of lying in bed after a dream and prior to a full awakening are phantom. That is your window to enter the lucid dream world.

You may not encounter the beach straight away, you may, in all likelihood, encounter a slightly altered replica of your bedroom or the place where you sleep. Rub your hands, palpate dream objects (or any other deepening technique that you are familiar with) and be sure to examine the details of your surroundings. Don't just assume that just because they feel familiar that you must've got up physically. Test it! I say this because at times the lucid dream environment is undistinguishable from the real world. Find those discrepancies that tell you it is a dream world!

Then, you may think about the beach and employ what I call a method of translocation. I often start running, shut my eyes, and imagine that I am already running at the desired location. I really believe this. Then, when I open my eyes, vision confirms that I'm there. This works well for me. LaBerge used to spin.

Anyway, here's an excerp from my journal which illustrates the degree of control that the lucid dreamer can attain:

"Decidedly, I performed deepening by rubbing the palms of my hands on every surface I could find. As I explored the phase, discovered a small extension to my simulated abode. There was a small barroom with a few red stools where the tavern existed earlier. I opened the front door and found a sunlit suburban area that was completely different from the town we live in. There was nobody about so I had the idea of materialising a person out of thin air. I held out my hands and pretended to hold a human head. I gazed at the space between my hand palms and concentrated on bringing a head into being.

It is worth mentioning that I stood still and was not concerned with fouling. I felt very determined as I tensed my posture and growled through gritted teeth before bellowing out: “I’m in the phase, goddamnit!” - Suddenly, to my amazement, there was an ethereal outline in the shape of an oval between my hands. I continued to will the form to manifest entirely. The more opaque the object became, the stronger the haptic data grew. As soon as I could feel the shape of a skull with my fingers, a smiling face was recognisable and a bust didn’t take long to form. In a matter of seconds, I had a full-fledged woman kneeling in front of me and resembling Helen. I could breathe life into her, too, just by willing it. I played with her facial expressions by changing them with my mind and even made her senesce swiftly. When I wished to make her plump, a bigger lady with curly brown hair popped into view right next to her.

I remembered my plan to visit Connor and went back inside my house in the hope of finding him there. There was nobody inside. I amplified my tactility and peered at walls in order to maintain the phase before deciding to use translocation to get to Connor. I started running towards the living room and closed my eyes. As I ran with no visibility, I imagined that I was already at Connor’s location. I opened my eyes to find that it was still pitch black but could still hear myself deliberately stomping on the floor. It seemed like only the floor existed, and, by running as far as I did, I would have defied physical laws if it had been in the real world. I extended my arms and felt a wall in front of me. As I walked along the wall and felt it with my hand, coloured objects aglow with crisp brightness gradually appeared all around me. The surroundings resembled the indoor play area in Connor’s house. I turned around and saw a tall woman wearing a nurse outfit milling about the place. The area she was in looked like a mixture of a hospital room and the actual front room where I usually find Connor when I pay him a visit in waking life.

In fact, the more I approached that area in the phase, the more it resembled his home except for one thing: the entrance was situated where there should only be windows. The nurse looked like Sarah (Connor’s mother) but her hair was short and black instead of long and blonde. She did not acknowledge my presence and soon left the house. As I turned a corner, I found a black couch where Connor was playing."
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 22:18

Wow that is really cool! Great sense of wording man! Your English skills surpass mine by leaps and bounds. Well, I am a highschool dropout though.. hah! I can write great song lyrics but as far as typing goes please excuse my grammatical errors. Anyway, PLEASE explain what you mean by the whole separation thing because that has got to be the coolest idea i've ever heard.. are you saying right when I wake up I am in a state where I could leave my body and continue dreaming? How the HELL does that work? What is actually going on there? :shock:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Oct 2013 22:27

I didn't make that song, but it's my style.
Goa Trance is like lucid dreaming: it's very esoteric and most people don't care about it. I'm use to that. No worries if anyone likes it or not. It's not MY song.
Now I'll hear yours as promised, and I am no critic or music theorist, but I'll tell you what I think if you really want me to.

As for lessons or music discussion, I respectfully decline. I'll figure it out for myself one day, or just realize that I am not musically inclined to begin with and have other talents. Thanks for the offer though.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 22:44

I thought I would just offer my friend! No worries, I will only teach someone who wants to learn. I do wish you best of luck in figuring out music for yourself though because it is the best thing in life! As far as my song goes, yes give me your most honest criticism as no matter what you say I will not be offended in the slightest. I'd rather you tell me what's wrong with it and be honest than how much you like it through a fake smile.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Oct 2013 22:54

I mentioned trance without even hearing your music.
Your song was like 60's trance.
It's an experiment with sounds and I like that.

Add a good beat and it could make it really catchy. As for the beginning layers, I would say, quiet some of them to let the others shine. They seem to be competing with each other for dominance. There is nothing wrong with dissonance (I thought I was not a music major, but I paid attention in music class), and it works if it then comes together and a beat kicks in.

I sound like Simon Cowel here!

Did you draw the album cover too? I like it. For some reason we lucid dreamers tend to be artists too. We just gravitate to both. I have my own art style. I drew my own avatar picture. I use to write short stories and I am not new to criticism. It's always a work in progress. And off topic, I once tried to be a cartoonist and would love to hear harsh criticism too. It makes us stronger and if I can dish it out, I should take it too! (I actually have dreams about cartooning. Not fantasy, but actual reoccurring dreams. It's something I need to pursue).

I think I will post those off-topic because although mostly lucid dream orientated, I have met people I like and enjoy and this has become my 'Facebook'. I don't use Facebook because it has become too inane, but here I have met some intellectual people who, dare I call, friends. Pen Pals if you will.
Last edited by HAGART on 21 Oct 2013 23:18, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”