Hello, i'm new here, but let me share a lucid dream.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
The Beach Boy

Re: Hello, i'm new here, but let me share a lucid dream.

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 23:14

Great little review there! Actually though, I didn't draw that. It was a fangirl from the internet haha! But yeah, I don't mind any negative review of the songs because that is all very old and I can do so much better now in terms of playing, recording, and producing. Not to mention my singing voice nowadays puts my voice on that album to absolute and utter shame.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Oct 2013 23:20

We all get better with time.
And you already got an artistic internet groupie! :lol: :oops:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 23:43

Very true, but my voice at that age was just physically too young. The sound is too immature to match the seriously complex musical arrangements which are nothing short of jazz chord progressions. And yes, thank god for the internet groupies HA!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Oct 2013 23:57

Artists are perfectionists.
I never like anything I make. I always see the flaws.
I'm a foodie and actually trained to be a chef, but I dropped out, but I am still creative about it. You can't turn it off, and I can't un-know what I know about cooking and the physics of it and the creative interpretation of it. A chef has to deal with both physics and the human psychology of those who interpret the food. It encompasses everything and that's why I love it so much. BUT I mull too much for the industry and that's my I am not an army man, or yes man grunt, which commercial kitchens want. I think too much and I am an artist and I am not alone. With lucid dreaming I have questioned reality itself and my perception of it and it gets deep. Very deep sometimes, too deep for most. You can't help but take an objective, and dissociated look at the human experience and what you thought you knew as 'life'. But this is a magnet for those across the world with similar experiences and ideas.

I don't use Facebook. It's too inane. This is a cool place to meet people with similar intellect. (I don't mean others are stupid, but no sports or celebrity gossip here). It's refreshing!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Oct 2013 01:35

As your brain shifts from the dream state to the waking state you briefly pass through a hybrid state that compounds both dreaming and wakefulness. It is a state in its own right. It's what Michael Raduga terms "the phase" or "phase state" and it is what is responsible for experiences of lucid dreaming and out-of-body sensations.

Now, when I say "separate" I don't mean a literal separation from the physical body. I'm not making any such Monroesque claims here. What I'm talking about is technique within perception. The illusion is that we separate from our bodies, but, however realistic it seems, it doesn't mean it really happens. To me it is nothing but a cool brain porkie.

That's why I carefully picked my words when I said: "separate from your perceived physical body stencil...

By the way, I was expelled from university for disagreeing with lecturers and for experimenting with drugs. Today I am wiser only because I like to read a lot besides creating art and playing guitar. Most of what I know now comes from my time out of school and living the family life. Being a father motivated me.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Oct 2013 02:00

The way I see it, school was just obedience training for dogs.
The smart ones skip class and break the rules because we are above that.

We smart ones do that and forget about homework and question social 'rules'.

School is under the guise of learning new ideas fed to us by old professors who memorize and spew old texts. We were regimentally trained to show up on time and focus to prepare us for the work force. That's all they cared about. Not intelligence.

This smart, but untrained dog has spoken.
Last edited by HAGART on 22 Oct 2013 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Oct 2013 02:07

Viva la revolucione!! B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 22 Oct 2013 05:44

Yea, I always wondered why I failed school so badly that I dropped out. Turns out I actually knew what I wanted to do since I was 14 and that was to make music that people can enjoy. Something about coming home with an "A" in guitar theory but a "D" in algebra and my mom scolding me, "I dont care if you made a good grade in guitar that doesnt matter." just did not seem right at all. As if I was learning to be a mathematician?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”