Skype Anyone?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Skype Anyone?

Postby HAGART » 23 Oct 2013 01:23

Skype is a free phone call.
I still have technical difficulties with the video, but audio is fine. I'm working with that and think perhaps my computer is out of date.

But, I would like to get to know people more face to face, or ear to voice, and it changes things when you talk live without typing. It's a whole new way to communicate and I think it was invented before, but it escapes me... oh yea, it's called the telephone! ;)

Even if I am not a participant, use this thread to contact each other. Take into account the time zone difference and work it out. I encourage it!

I'm quite apprehensive and shy, but once the ice is broken I talk freely and it's always a good time.

I'm not forcing anybody; Just think about it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Vonozar

Re: Skype Anyone?

Postby Vonozar » 23 Oct 2013 03:04

Cool idea. I'm ra ther shy too. When I skype with people the conversation usually goes as follows.

Me: "Hi!"
Person: "Hi!"
Me: "Soo...how's...the weather?" XD

I might in the future though. It's a cool idea to really meet and get to know other lucid dreamers.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 23 Oct 2013 04:32

This is a great idea Hagart!
I must say you are quite a valuable member of these forums with your positive attitude, experience, sense of humor, and good ideas!

I am also quite apprehensive and shy, so I guess that makes three of us :)

I wonder if apprehensive shy people lucid dream more often? It makes sense, I think we can all agree, that as shy people, we tend to spend more time in our heads thinking about everything, which would also seem to cause natural lucidity!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 23 Oct 2013 05:57

I'm always willing to skype, just add as a contact, "Goldkoron" - name is Tristan Thurner
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Oct 2013 06:43

I always thought I was an introvert, never being the life of a party. But I had others tell me that I am actually more extroverted than I realized.

It turns out I was only being overly introspective and metacognitive.

(look these words up and it may make sense and resonate with you).
In other words, I always felt weird not being able to talk about sports or the weather or celebrity gossip in social gatherings and felt like I was not normal. Maybe I'm not. I don't want to be. 8-)

I'm shy too and part of me can't believe I'm doing this, and the other says, hey, it's about time, and there's nothing to lose so grow a pair!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Oct 2013 07:20

I live in Eastern Standard time, but no matter where we are, there is always a window of opportunity.

Don't forget about the PM (Private Message) feature too if you want to make a connection with someone and don't want personal information shared publicly.

Like I said before, even if I'm not a participant and two others make a connection, this thread was worth while. All you need to work out is a day and time, and contact information.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Oct 2013 16:08

I made a new profile exclusively for this.
My Skype name/contact is "hagart-dreamer" - name is "Michael (Aka HAGART)"
(just plain, Hagart was already taken... it turns out it's an actual last name and quite common so that's why)

I realize now that it's safe to share this because for anyone to call me, I have to first accept them, so no worries about any third party reading this.

So go ahead and make me a contact if you wish. It doesn't mean we have to talk anytime soon, or even at all, but in the future if we are both online here at the same time it would be very easy to talk. (If we're in the mood of course).

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Oct 2013 20:59

Same, my Skype is peter.maich so send me a request and I will call if you are online. I dont get offended if the calls are not taken and am not shy and to haggart neither are you when your mind is working. I enjoy the calls we have had so far

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 24 Oct 2013 05:44

Talked to Hagart on Skype today for a few hours, and I believe that skype talks are a great idea, and we should try and get all together for some lucid discussions sometime.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2013 07:12

Good Talk!

I encourage anyone to try this.

(I should make a new avatar picture, so i don't look so scary.)
I'm really a swell guy!

Return to “Off-Topic”