why dont we remember names of our dcs?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
amy

why dont we remember names of our dcs?

Postby amy » 20 Oct 2013 23:51

Or is this just me? I NEVER remember their names, unless of course its someone I know in real life.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Highlander

Re: why dont we remember names of our dcs?

Postby Highlander » 21 Oct 2013 12:10

I have a question: you don't remember the names of DC's after you wake up or you don't remember it in the dream?

amy

Postby amy » 22 Oct 2013 01:26

I don't remember after I wake up!

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 22 Oct 2013 06:09

In my non-lucids I actually never hear a dream character's name. I don't ask, they don't tell. I've had some dream characters hang out with me like we're already friends. But when I woke up I knew for a fact I never met that character in waking like or previous dreams(that I know of) and never got their name in the dream.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Archvenom

Postby Archvenom » 22 Oct 2013 08:37

I used to have this problem and fixed it by paying extra attention when I asked a dcs name.
I'd also repeat the name back to them to really hammer it home.

So it would go something like this:

Me: Hi, what's your name?
DC: Foevee
Me: Foevee. Nice to meet you Foevee.

I also use this in real life and it works like a charm (and yes Foevee is a name a dc gave me once!)

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 22 Oct 2013 09:45

I do exactly as Archvenom does. In the dream i ask the DC name twice and i even repeat the name back. When i wake up, the first thing i do is write down the name of the DC.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 22 Oct 2013 22:44

Archvenom wrote:I used to have this problem and fixed it by paying extra attention when I asked a dcs name.
I'd also repeat the name back to them to really hammer it home.

So it would go something like this:

Me: Hi, what's your name?
DC: Foevee
Me: Foevee. Nice to meet you Foevee.

I also use this in real life and it works like a charm (and yes Foevee is a name a dc gave me once!)

Foevee. Makes me think of pokemon :lol:
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 23 Oct 2013 02:31

I do the same thing Highlander and Archvenom. Once I did this and woke myself up just to write the name down. Iban. That was his name. I can still remember it and it was a while ago. The last time I asked for their name it went like this.

Me: "What's your name?"
DC: "Lukft."
Me: "Luke??"
DC: *Shakes head* "No, Lukft. You have to remember to pronounce the 'ft' at the end. Lukft."

I found it interesting how he corrected me until I got it right. XD

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Oct 2013 03:09

I seldom get a person in my dreams to give me his or her name, but I do remember one time in particular in a lucid dream when I came across this man getting out of a very old truck, maybe something from the 30s or 40s. The man told me he was 47 with a deep southern U.S. accent. I asked what his name was. He had to correct me when I repeated it back. I thought he said Travis, but it was actually Darvis, a very unusual name. Then I asked his last name and he said Gordon. Darvis Gordon. I told him "Where I come from, we have something called the internet and I am planning on looking you up when I got back." He said he really needed to go and got back into his truck.

Jumped on the computer as soon as I woke up and searched the internet for quite a while. There was only one person I could find with that name and he had died about 2 years before the dream. He was from the southern U.S. It is kind of weird and I still think about him.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 17 Jan 2014 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 23 Oct 2013 09:29

Wow, lucidinthe sky. That's interesting. I too have searched the internet to see if i can find something. Some DC's tell me a common name, so it's hard to find something. Some even tell me where they're from. I had a DC that told he was The Black Osiris (looks like an egyptian god name :lol: ). Another one told me his name was Diago Frago D'Erotiz. I'm from Portugal and this is not an existing name, but it looks like a name that could exist in medieval ages.

Return to “Dream Characters”