Dealing with arrogant, disrespectful and negative posts

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Dealing with arrogant, disrespectful and negative posts

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Oct 2013 16:33

I'd like to urge everyone not to respond in kind to any bully/troll posts that display an arrogant, disrespectful, always right about everything, and just otherwise negative attitude.

Let's all make a decision to ignore these posts and not respond to them, otherwise the forum will deteriorate.

But DO NOT stop discussing the subject because of these kinds of posts, it's your right to continue the discussion without even considering what these posts say. Many of these types of posts are intended to shut down a discussion because the poster either doesn't like the subject or objects to others giving different opinions than theirs. So just ignore and move around them.

Thanks for reading.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidLink

Re: Dealing with arrogant, disrespectful and negative posts

Postby LucidLink » 22 Oct 2013 19:40

Yes I agree, I admit I've not been the best when it comes to a standard on how to act. (I'm only 19, you guys are the adults for real, and yet I have to be the bigger person)

But I've recently held my tounge, and deleted posts as soon as I've posted them in attempt to set a standard and fix the problem overall.

Ignore it, and let bygones be bygones. I agree.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Oct 2013 20:55

If they offend or are way out of context just mark them or PM me and I will delete them. Happy to run with consensus on this but I will make the final call - unless I get the sack as Mod

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Oct 2013 21:24

Who are these bullies or trolls?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Oct 2013 00:15

I thinks it in general over time not an issue right now
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 24 Oct 2013 10:44

lucidinthe sky wrote:I'd like to urge everyone not to respond in kind to any bully/troll posts that display an arrogant, disrespectful, always right about everything, and just otherwise negative attitude.

Let's all make a decision to ignore these posts and not respond to them, otherwise the forum will deteriorate.

But DO NOT stop discussing the subject because of these kinds of posts, it's your right to continue the discussion without even considering what these posts say. Many of these types of posts are intended to shut down a discussion because the poster either doesn't like the subject or objects to others giving different opinions than theirs. So just ignore and move around them.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah im totaly agree with you. When i see a topic that is not very interesting for me, i dont even read. I come here just to have answer to my question and not to reply to those who dont have the same opinion as me.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Oct 2013 17:11

I don't think anyone should be put on the defensive for believing things that are outside the mainstream of modern science. I have some supernatural beliefs myself, and I like to discuss them without having to prove anything. Also like to hear other's opinions that are "outside of the box" so don't let anyone put you on the defensive for your beliefs. Just ignore them and continue the discussion.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”