I forgot how to lucid dream and dream recall

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucidbassist

I forgot how to lucid dream and dream recall

Postby Lucidbassist » 25 Oct 2013 05:05

Hey,

I used to be in a good routine and could recall 1 dream every night, and I was able to have 2 lucid dreams after the first 20 days of dream journaling.

Problem is i haven't dream journaled or recalled any dreams in the last 3 or 4 months and now find myself right back at the begining.

My question is, is there such a thing like muscle memory where i will re learn dream techniques and get back into it very quickly as oppose to someone who is learning dream recall for the first time?

Best regards.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Re: I forgot how to lucid dream and dream recall

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Oct 2013 05:25

Lucidbassist wrote:
My question is, is there such a thing like muscle memory where i will re learn dream techniques and get back into it very quickly as oppose to someone who is learning dream recall for the first time?

Best regards.

No, not from my experience.

In general, most new tasks you learn require a certain amount skill which can be learned and practiced with improvement in ability coming with experience. So you get better at it each time, but this has not been the case for me with lucid dreaming. I've had around 50 lucid dreams so far, but it still requires the same amount of effort and I am no better at it then when I started. One thing that has improved is the quality of the experience, but it just takes a lot of effort to get it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Oct 2013 06:14

Lucidbassist wrote:My question is, is there such a thing like muscle memory where i will re learn dream techniques and get back into it very quickly as oppose to someone who is learning dream recall for the first time?

I think there is. Muscle memory is a little like brain plasticity, (in fact maybe they're the same), and if you learned something and did it many times in the past it can actually rewire the brain. I think it will come back faster. Whether it's hitting a baseball again or lucid dreaming.

But in both those examples practice is important. Stop trying and you can become 'out of shape'. But I think it should come back easier than a complete novice trying for the first time.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Oct 2013 06:22

It should come back fast but expect dry runs and just relax as they will come and go.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 27 Oct 2013 15:16

Peter wrote:It should come back fast but expect dry runs and just relax as they will come and go.

I completely agree:) good advice!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Lucidbassist

Postby Lucidbassist » 28 Oct 2013 01:26

Ok thanks for the advice everyone :) just what i needed to hear.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”