Why wait for a 'dream charatacer'?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
HAGART

Why wait for a 'dream charatacer'?

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2013 05:57

Why wait for a 'dream chatacer'?
Most of us have had the hardship of waiting for a person to appear in our lucid dreams. But who are you waiting for?

You can talk to inanimate objects in a lucid dream when you feel groovy.
"Hello, lampost. What'cha ya knowing?"

The lampost may just answer back.... ( it's a Simon & Garfunkel music reference if you didn't know, but it works)

TRY IT!

NO need for DC's anymore. Talk to a banana! It still works!. They reply!

And all's groovy.........
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidLink

Re: Why wait for a 'dream charatacer'?

Postby LucidLink » 24 Oct 2013 14:42

Haha your right! In the realism of lucid dreams, I often forget anything is fair game.

For instance, in one lucid dream, I came across the strangest wooden carved deer. It was very big, it was on a street, and it went all the way from one side of the street to the other. I had no idea what it was, and I ended up leaving it because I had no idea how to figure it out.

I should of just asked him;p

But also, lets take it one step further then inanimate objects and DEs/DCs. There's something beyond both the people and objects in that dream, and it's truly the best awareness to speak to.

I have no better name for it then the "awareness behind the dream", but I feel that name is so limited. This awareness, it is greater then I am, in pretty much every way. And it watches out for me, it also will answer any question, or complete any request.

It's sentient, and Independent of you as well. For instance, I read a story of a man who asked to experience something and the awareness replied "If I where to answer that request, you would not be ready to handle it at this time." So knowing somehow the man was not ready, the awareness denied his request simply out of love.

It's so amazing to communicate with this force, and it knows far more then any one DC or inanimate object!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 24 Oct 2013 15:43

Yeah. I guess we are still attached to the waking life in many aspects. Even in dreams, we still think that only human-like beings talk. I'm still not 100% aware in the dream. But i have once talked to a dove that turned into a cat and in another dream i talked to an action figure.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2013 17:04

Once you ignore all you see, and speak to a higher being directly in a dream... They talk back.

I don't know what it is, or how, but perhaps we all have our own version of a 'Guardian Angle' inside us. Call it what you will. Perhaps it's another side of our psyche.

But once you get to know "it" it opens doors. Try it. That's the ultimate lucid dream goal.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 24 Oct 2013 20:59

I would love to speak with my awareness! Hopefully he isn't too dulled from all that DXM when I was 15.
"Show me something amazing awareness!"

*bottle of robitussin appears*

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 24 Oct 2013 21:47

Is it harder to do? I mean in that realistic of an environment where most everything is controlled by expectation, wouldn't it be at least a little more difficult? I wouldn't know as I have never tried it, but I'm curious if that would be the case due to the realism of the dream mostly. I plan on trying this though. It sounds fun. :)

Also, I can't quote on the device I'm using, but Lucidlink I have a similar situation to the man you mentioned. Every time I try to talk directly to that awareness or directly to my subconscious, a DC shows up and tells me "Sorry, you're not ready for that yet." Then they explain how they are "assistants" to that awareness and I can talk to them as long as I keep in mind that they will not answer certain requests or questions. This has happened every single time I've tried. They're always nice about it though, and although I'm a little disappointed each time I still love the experience talking to these mysterious "assistant" characters.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 24 Oct 2013 23:22

Vonozar wrote:Is it harder to do? I mean in that realistic of an environment where most everything is controlled by expectation, wouldn't it be at least a little more difficult? I wouldn't know as I have never tried it, but I'm curious if that would be the case due to the realism of the dream mostly. I plan on trying this though. It sounds fun. :)

Also, I can't quote on the device I'm using, but Lucidlink I have a similar situation to the man you mentioned. Every time I try to talk directly to that awareness or directly to my subconscious, a DC shows up and tells me "Sorry, you're not ready for that yet." Then they explain how they are "assistants" to that awareness and I can talk to them as long as I keep in mind that they will not answer certain requests or questions. This has happened every single time I've tried. They're always nice about it though, and although I'm a little disappointed each time I still love the experience talking to these mysterious "assistant" characters.

This is very interesting, because when I asked a dream character one time to make me lucid more often, it told me that it was against the rules and that I could not do that.
Do a reality check

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 25 Oct 2013 16:58

Vonozar wrote:Is it harder to do? I mean in that realistic of an environment where most everything is controlled by expectation, wouldn't it be at least a little more difficult? I wouldn't know as I have never tried it, but I'm curious if that would be the case due to the realism of the dream mostly. I plan on trying this though. It sounds fun. :)

That's quite interesting, have you tried asking the assistants why you are not ready to speak with the awareness?

And also, the experience I shared wasnt my own, just one I read out of a good lucid dreaming book.

One dream I asked the awareness "to show me something I need to see", and it took me to the strangest place, it was like a river surrounded by thick tress on both ends, and as I flew down this river, an image of my own face appeared Infront of me!

How strange, I guess I needed to see my own face haha!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Oct 2013 18:44

HAGART wrote:Once you ignore all you see, and speak to a higher being directly in a dream... They talk back.

I don't know what it is, or how, but perhaps we all have our own version of a 'Guardian Angle' inside us. Call it what you will. Perhaps it's another side of our psyche.

But once you get to know "it" it opens doors. Try it. That's the ultimate lucid dream goal.

Can you elaborate on this or share some dream experiences with this? This is also one of my main interests in lucid dreams. There definitely seems to be different levels of the lucid dream experience and I'm suspecting that your state of mind before you go into the dreams has a lot to do with the results you get in this area. Have you found any correlation there?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 25 Oct 2013 22:20

LucidLink wrote:

That's quite interesting, have you tried asking the assistants why you are not ready to speak with the awareness?

Sort of, yes. I asked why I couldn't speak to it, not really why I wasn't ready. I will have to do that next time. ;) The response I got was "We cannot make him come, and neither can you. He will come when he is ready to, but no one but him can say when he will show up and speak to you." There were two things I wondered about here. The first thing, why was my subconscious/ awareness, whatever you want to call it, apparently a guy? I wasn't against it, I'm just curious about it because I'm not a guy but apparently the deeper part of me is. :? Just a small thing really, but it made me curious. The second thing was the response in general. Why was this the case? What wasn't I ready for, and how will I know when I am ready? Would he just appear out of the blue and say "Okay, ask away." or would I have to keep trying to conjure him until one day I succeeded? I had many more questions, but I didn't get the chance to ask any of them in that dream, and in the ones since I have sort of spaced it out. When I'm with these "assistant" characters, I don't give much thought to why I don't get to talk to "him", it's just an accepted thing. I get disappointed for a second or two, then forget about it and just talk to the assistants. I always ask if they are who I called for, but they always say the same thing. "No, he didn't want to come today." or "No, you are still not ready." I find these characters fascinating and am trying to figure them out. ;)

Return to “Dream Characters”