I guess you can call this an "Introduction"

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Tomatos

I guess you can call this an "Introduction"

Postby Tomatos » 24 Oct 2013 19:21

Hi there,lucid dreamers!
This is probably the first introduction post i ever wrote,so please forgive me if it sounds weird :lol: !

Anyway,I found out about lucid dreaming a few months ago and tried doing it,but really didn't get into it and forget about it soon.A few days ago,while surfing the internet,i found some videos about it on youtube and got interested in it again.i did some research and eventually found this side.

I'm trying to induce a W.I.L.D. by meditation with the help of brainwave entrainment and have gotten into a quite relaxed state on my first try,with my left body half being completely numb and me being able to control my tactile and balance sense to a minor extend,can that be considered good for a first try?

I have yet to experience a lucid dream,but i'm confident 'll have one soon :D !

Goldkoron

Re: I guess you can call this an "Introduction"

Postby Goldkoron » 24 Oct 2013 23:47

Easiest way to achieve a lucid dream is to just tell yourself that you are going to lucid dream tonight every night before you go to sleep. Nearly all of my lucid dreams have been a spontaneous realization that I was dreaming.

Welcome!
Do a reality check

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 25 Oct 2013 17:03

You defienatly made some progress on the WILD attempt! And also, to dramatically increase chances of succsess with the WILD technique, you should go to bed as normal, with just simple nightly meditation, but plan to wake up after four hours of sleep. Wake up, stay awake for about 15 minutes, or longer if you prefer. During this time period, it is helpful to digest all kinds of information about lucid dreaming. Then go back to bed, and attempt the WILD. You will have much better REM cycles after 4 hours of sleep, and this is important for vivid dreams.

Also, their are many other techniques available to try:)

Welcome to the forums!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Oct 2013 18:50

Goldkoron wrote:Easiest way to achieve a lucid dream is to just tell yourself that you are going to lucid dream tonight every night before you go to sleep. Nearly all of my lucid dreams have been a spontaneous realization that I was dreaming.

Welcome!

I'll second that. This works better for me than anything else.

Dreams, lucid and otherwise, are driven more by intent than anything else. That is the key. The more you learn to focus your intent, the better results you get. This is a very good exercise because it also works for waking life.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Introduce Yourself”