Advice???

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
devildog831

Advice???

Postby devildog831 » 26 Oct 2013 03:47

hello there, i stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago and have been reading through the material that is available and have been following the fast track to the best of my ability, but being that i am active duty military it is hard to find the time to devote to dreaming at times. my question to you all is in regards to supplements, namely Calea Zacatechichi. from what i've read and heard from friends, it is a good place to start and shows good results, but i'm concerned about using it. can anyone shed any light on whether or not this or any other supplement would be "legally" safe to use for someone currently serving in the US military?? i've been scouring the internet for answers but have come up empty handed. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Goldkoron

Re: Advice???

Postby Goldkoron » 26 Oct 2013 03:57

I do not recommend starting Lucid dreaming with Supplements, because then you will learn to rely on it. It's better to slowly train your brain for it. Just tell yourself every night that you are going to have a lucid dream. And try to focus on the subject of lucid dreaming for about an hour each day. Such as reading or talking about it.
Do a reality check

devildog831

Postby devildog831 » 26 Oct 2013 04:02

that's a good point. but at some point i plan to, if nothing else just to make up for the lack of sleep that i get sometimes. my main concern is whether this would be something someone in the military could get in trouble for using, being that we undergo constant random urinalysis and other methods of testing for drug use.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Oct 2013 04:44

Goldkoron wrote:I do not recommend starting Lucid dreaming with Supplements, because then you will learn to rely on it. It's better to slowly train your brain for it. Just tell yourself every night that you are going to have a lucid dream. And try to focus on the subject of lucid dreaming for about an hour each day. Such as reading or talking about it.

I would agree. Supplements are not a substitute for technique which you must learn to be successful. I have had around 50 lucid dreams, but have never used them. They probably help, but again are not a substitute for technique.

Having been in the military myself, you can pretty much count on just about anything being against the rules and grounds for booting you out. I was in during the 70s and if they had drug tested everyone, they would have had to boot half of us out. It may be hard to imagine, but I actually smoked pot during boot camp, people would get it sent to them in the mail!

But things are a lot stricter now so it's not worth the risk and you can do without it. Besides, lucid dreaming is like the best trip you can have and without using any chemicals other than what you have inside you.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Oct 2013 05:01

don't bother with supps until you have enough experience to get there without them. They can be good and I use them but as a sup I can get long stable deep dreams on a WBTB and a cup of strong coffee so no need for exotic herbs if you cant get them.

In the military then go without coffee for a day and get up for 30 minutes or so in the early hours and have some coffee and go back to bed.
I find with coffee then I simply look at the darkness in my eyes and wait for the HI to start up. I did this today and posted the dream so look it up and see what coffee can do

Let us know how you get on.
Don't dismiss simple stuff like coffee as it has the ability to cross the blood brain barrier. What other stimulants do this and see what you can come up with.
Don't forget the all you are trying to do in a WILD is stay awake while part of you goes to sleep so run with that and get creative
Best of luck
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 26 Oct 2013 18:01

I agree with the others before me, but I also will share a detail of my own personal story, and that I actually started smoking calea as soon I began trying to become lucid. It worked great for me, it never became a dependence and it was the boost I needed. Although, I've been a natural lucid dreamer since childhood, so I assumed it'd just bring me back to that childhood lucidity and it did!

As far as the military goes, calea is compeltely legal in the United States. I'd doubt they'd have a problem with it, but if their too strict they might, however I feel like they won't even test for it or care about it. You don't even need much! It's nothing like marjiuana.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 27 Oct 2013 18:49

It shows me again that we are all different. I had a good dream recall all my life, but being lucid no. Only over the last years did I found out about lucid dreaming, and even now the are rare for me. My experience with calea. I tried calea in every way, eating, drinking, vaping, smoking, for me with no results, but I said for me.

I like Goldkoron advise to you. Anyhow welcome, and good dreams. :)

I do not recommend starting Lucid dreaming with Supplements, because then you will learn to rely on it. It's better to slowly train your brain for it. Just tell yourself every night that you are going to have a lucid dream. And try to focus on the subject of lucid dreaming for about an hour each day. Such as reading or talking about it.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 29 Oct 2013 10:55

Don't dismiss simple stuff like coffee as it has the ability to cross the blood brain barrier. What other stimulants do this and see what you can come up with.
Don't forget the all you are trying to do in a WILD is stay awake while part of you goes to sleep so run with that and get creative
Best of luck
Peter

Peter you are a Star. I put a mug of black coffee on my bedside table, and about 4am drank the coffee and recalled the next 3 dreams clearly. In the last dream first my name was called, and then my sure name. For me an out of body beginning, but I was to awake already. Very good progress, I am looking forward to my 4 am coffee breaks. :)
Thanks Peter :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Oct 2013 18:19

Great and that made my day. It works best for me if you lay of coffee from about midday onward and there are caffeine tablets that are ok as well but I like coffee so normally just drink a nice strong cup at WBTB
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”