Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Summerlander

Re: Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Postby Summerlander » 21 Oct 2013 19:54

erichsa wrote:Whatever you sprout is the truth

Absolutely! And you can count on it.

erichsa wrote:I think you should either accept that others also have a right to be taken seriously, or move on. :)

And you are entitled to think that as much as I am entitled to think that some people do not deserve to be taken seriously. ;)

As for moving on... in my own time. :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 22 Oct 2013 15:42

And you are entitled to think that as much as I am entitled to think that some people do not deserve to be taken seriously

Yes Summerlander you are right, but our ego likes to have a say in everything. I am ashamed for my negative outpourings which upsets me as it might upset you and others. Not to get negative I will not read your posts anymore. In my opinion your postings are great for Michael Raduga's website. I mean that sincerely, I would thing Rebecca,s website is heavily populated by youngsters, who will find it hard to understand your thoughts.
On Rebecca,s website under: How to induce OBS,s and Lucid Dreaming's
The article by Karen 659 how to induce lucid dreaming, describes also my thinking, but I will not become ridged and like to keep up to date in our world.
Summerlander I wish you well, and a good live. :)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Oct 2013 16:03

I'm starting to get selective in my reading of posts.

I would urge everyone else to do the same.

Any posts, regardless of who they come from that are disrespectful, confrontational and otherwise just negative should be ignored and not responded to.

If we all follow this, the problem will correct itself.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Oct 2013 04:54

erichsa wrote: Yes Summerlander you are right, but our ego likes to have a say in everything. I am ashamed for my negative outpourings which upsets me as it might upset you and others. Not to get negative I will not read your posts anymore.

I agree and am doing the same thing due to the insulting and disrespectful tone. There is a tool you can use called "Foe Management" which makes the posts of those you select disappear. I just did it and it works great. If you change your mind and decide you want to subject yourself to abuse, you can always click on the post and it will allow you to read it. :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Oct 2013 05:21

I am a lot more like that now as I am more concerned with who I respond to that what the post is about so if it is something that I expect will rub people I will respond if I know the person and like how they think. The last thing I want is to have self serving conversations where all I do is post on what I think people will agree with but cant be bothered with ego based responses.

There is a good core here and I am on a few sites and this is by far the most respectful to new and curious people but it also need to meet my needs for decent debate and a place to share what are very personal posts.

And yes, just don't answer. Just the same as voting with your feet and simply not buying if you don't like the ethics behind a product. No drama just living you life in your own way
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Oct 2013 05:38

Peter wrote:I am a lot more like that now as I am more concerned with who I respond to that what the post is about so if it is something that I expect will rub people I will respond if I know the person and like how they think. The last thing I want is to have self serving conversations where all I do is post on what I think people will agree with but cant be bothered with ego based responses.

There is a good core here and I am on a few sites and this is by far the most respectful to new and curious people but it also need to meet my needs for decent debate and a place to share what are very personal posts.

And yes, just don't answer. Just the same as voting with your feet and simply not buying if you don't like the ethics behind a product. No drama just living you life in your own way

I really enjoy listening to different opinions and perspectives, and agree that it's not about finding people who agree with me. But I am also not interested in having to constantly debate and defend my opinions. It's so negative and drains my energy. People who need to debate everything should go join a debate club and stop interrupting people on the forum who are enjoying having a conversation with attacking posts that say: you are wrong, you are misinformed, sorry to correct you pal :D :D :D , you are like a child who believes in fairies and unicorns and other insulting bullshit like that. It's completely unnecessary to allow this so someone can masturbate their ego in public. I think (actually I know) we are losing people on the forum because of this kind of crap and it really turns off new people. There is a price to pay for too much tolerance.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 27 Oct 2013 05:47, edited 1 time in total.

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Oct 2013 05:46

Well put. As moderator I now just delete some posts that I don't like if I think they offend or target a belief in an offensive way and don't get to bother by getting the odd one wrong. Lol - if the offender is offended then I more right that wrong so it was the correct move :D

I don't want the quiet or shy posters driven away as in the end we are all exploring and no matter what beliefs we have they are the drivers for this exploration so I look to what have they done more often than not
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Oct 2013 05:50

Thank you, this will be appreciated by many on the forum.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Oct 2013 22:03

I think you are doing a great job, Peter. And Lucid, let's not fall out just because we differ in opinion. Good thread, by the way.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Oct 2013 23:51

Summerlander wrote: And Lucid, let's not fall out just because we differ in opinion.
Agree. I'll bet we actually do agree on quite a bit.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”