Dreams mean something

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Sun

Dreams mean something

Postby Sun » 26 Oct 2013 10:50

Hey Everyone!!

Last night I had a pretty awesome experience in my dream, I was about to fly. SO I was in my grandma's house and the sun was shining high up in the sky, but then suddenly it when dark. I want to go flying to find the sun again, but here is the weird part: how hard I try to fly higher, I go lower and lower. I know everybody had this experience once or twice, but what I think about my experience with flying is that I had something in my real life that I hadn't finish or attemp to finish it or to simply do it. That maybe why I can go higher with flying, but instead falling down to the ground.
Because something in real life is pulling my down, right?

Could this mean that I must do my job in real life first and so maybe I had a chance of flying higher to the sky?

SO that was my thing to share with you guys, if you comment to it and give me your thought about it, that would be great. My Enlish is not so great, so if you see an word mistake or something, please take it easy, alright?

Thanks!!

Have an awesome dreams!!

Je-Je

Re: Dreams mean something

Postby Je-Je » 26 Oct 2013 12:48

I dont know if i am answering to your question, because me too it is very hard to understand that languauge English, sometime i use Google traduction.

I had something in my real life that I hadn't finish or attemp to finish it or to simply do it.

Yeah I agree, your dream represent your life; you didn’t attempt something in real world and your dream are representing.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Sun

Postby Sun » 26 Oct 2013 13:14

So glad you hear that I am not the only one!

Thanks for your comment bro!!

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Oct 2013 23:28

Yeah I agree, your dream represent your life; you didn’t attempt something in real world and your dream are representing

This sort of thread always interests me as I think elements of our day have to bleed into our dream states and combined with the logic of the dream space this can get truly distorted. So for me almost all dreams are meaning less for a comparison for daily life unless I seed the dream and get lucid and go look for an answer.

I think the meaning if you want one is whatever you wish it to be and if you are consistent in your approach then it may be useful.
Also depending on how many dreams you recall you may be unaware of the best of them and that can distort in a big way.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 27 Oct 2013 02:47

Peter wrote:
Yeah I agree, your dream represent your life; you didn’t attempt something in real world and your dream are representing

This sort of thread always interests me as I think elements of our day have to bleed into our dream states and combined with the logic of the dream space this can get truly distorted. So for me almost all dreams are meaning less for a comparison for daily life unless I seed the dream and get lucid and go look for an answer.

I think the meaning if you want one is whatever you wish it to be and if you are consistent in your approach then it may be useful.
Also depending on how many dreams you recall you may be unaware of the best of them and that can distort in a big way.

I agree. I think it can be unwise to read too deeply into dreams, after all it is only the things that we can relate to waking reality that we notice anyway. The majority of things that happen in most dreams are often completely unrelated to waking reality, but our brain does not deem them interpretable. So that leaves us only considering the things that we notice the most, it gives us quite a skewed view on our dream meanings.
Dreaming is my drug

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Oct 2013 05:08

Interpreting dreams can be a lot like interpreting art.
100 different people looking at the same work of art will have 100 different interpretations.
All are equally right, and equally wrong.
The only one who knows the true meaning is the artist.... the dreamer. (And the dreamer is not you, but your subconscious).

To fly in a dream we need to be carefree without worries. In dreams my mind works more emotionally than rationally, so my gut feelings are what I use to interpret them. I think perhaps there is an emotion in your life that was pulling you down, and if you say it was concerns for your job, you'd know better than anybody. I like that gut interpretation, but I am only 1 person.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Oct 2013 05:23

To fly in a dream we need to be carefree without worries

To fly in life we need to be just the same but in life the worries are consequences and the emotions that add weight to them
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Oct 2013 05:24

Sun wrote:Hey Everyone!!

Last night I had a pretty awesome experience in my dream, I was about to fly. SO I was in my grandma's house and the sun was shining high up in the sky, but then suddenly it when dark. I want to go flying to find the sun again, but here is the weird part: how hard I try to fly higher, I go lower and lower. I know everybody had this experience once or twice, but what I think about my experience with flying is that I had something in my real life that I hadn't finish or attemp to finish it or to simply do it. That maybe why I can go higher with flying, but instead falling down to the ground.
Because something in real life is pulling my down, right?

Could this mean that I must do my job in real life first and so maybe I had a chance of flying higher to the sky?

I wouldn't read too much into why you weren't able to go higher, it's probably just that for some reason you didn't think you could do it. Was this your first time flying? I had a problem when I first started, but then it got easier. Now it just seems so natural like I always had the ability to fly, it doesn't even take a thought, just a desire and it happens. Keep trying, it will get easier.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sun

Postby Sun » 27 Oct 2013 16:05

Thanks guys!!
I will train myself in better Lucid Dreaming!!

Everyone have an awesome dreams!! :D

Sun

Postby Sun » 27 Oct 2013 16:09

It wasn't my first time flying, but this one was strange.
It begin like this, it suddenly when dark and like I said in my first story I want to fly away from the dark to the light, the sun. So that was my goal of flying I guest.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”