Actually practicing real life activities in Lucid Dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Goldkoron

Actually practicing real life activities in Lucid Dreams

Postby Goldkoron » 25 Oct 2013 04:01

So I became lucid in a dream in some area that I did not truly recognize. After a few steps, the random thought came up in my mind, lets practice our monologue! Which is a one man performance that actors do, as I am practicing for a acting showcase event. So I actually recited the monologue in the dream, but I could not be dramatic with my voice. My voice was weak and static-like. So I managed to practice the monologue, but not work well with my voice. After that, I got bored and tried sending a dream character who was walking by flying into the air. However, my efforts were in vain and sometime later I lost lucidity.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Re: Actually practicing real life activities in Lucid Dreams

Postby HAGART » 27 Oct 2013 05:28

It's actually proven, (I forget where I saw it), but practicing a piano in your mind, can be just as beneficial as practicing in real life. And the same goes for memorizing words, or studying for a test. I think it was a show or article about Brain Plasticity.

Goldkoron wrote:I could not be dramatic with my voice. My voice was weak and static-like.

I've had a few lucid dreams in which I could barely talk. It would only come out as a whisper no matter how hard I tried to speak or yell. I don't know why that was......
Goldkoron wrote:I got bored and tried sending a dream character who was walking by flying into the air.

You too? This is one of my guilty pleasures. :twisted: I do mess around with them sometimes when I get bored in a dream and the DC's are just zombies. Some people think it's immoral, but it's just a video game to me sometimes. A funny thing I have done a few times is raise a dream character off the ground just a foot (with my mind from a distance), and let them drop back down. If they are not too much of 'the zombie personality' they look around not knowing who did that to them! :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Oct 2013 05:50

wait till a DC grabs you out of mid air or just appears in front of you and says "no" and stops the dream. Its an insight into what you don't know and how little control you really have at times

As for speaking I think it comes in time and cant recall how it used to be but have no issues now
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Oct 2013 06:03

I emphasize the fact that they are the DC's with barely any personality that I do this to. They just populate the dream and meander around aimlessly. (They always seem so busy doing nothing....)

When they do have a strong personality, and seem sentient and self-ware, my 'telekinetic powers' have no effect on them anyway.

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Oct 2013 06:06

same but its when they start to control the dream in a way that startles that I begin to think of what I don't know about the dream space.
Their aggression lack of tolerance comes from another source and they gave me the clue so now I am hunting down the source - but in true fashion I feel they are wanting this and are also providing the way
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Oct 2013 06:23

HAGART wrote:I emphasize the fact that they are the DC's with barely any personality that I do this to. They just populate the dream and meander around aimlessly. (They always seem so busy doing nothing....)

When they do have a strong personality, and seem sentient and self-ware, my 'telekinetic powers' have no effect on them anyway.

It often seems like DCs are zombies, but I wonder sometimes if the dreams are like a play and the DCs have parts in the play. Some of them have lines and some don't. Some are "extras" and just populate the background as you say. Then I get lucid and now the script is being changed, we're are all ad-libbing. I insert new lines into the play and they give me this look as if to say "huh? Why are you asking me questions? That's not in the script." I don't even have any lines. We are just supposed to be here to make this room look like it's crowded, not even be noticed as individuals. And now you have recognized me and picked me out of the crowd, asking me things, I'm not prepared for that!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Oct 2013 06:38

Yea, dream characters are interesting. Just like we in our dreams can have varying levels of awareness, they do to.

I also know of two occasions where one has shown up and 'hijacked' my dream beyond my control. I should look those up and share them in a different section. I feel you guys would be interested.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 27 Oct 2013 16:32

I have performed also some things in dreams. I am a musician and a standup comedian. I have performed songs and done some comic material on stage, all in my dreams. Some went well, some were awful.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”