First Lucid in a very long time :P

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
James

First Lucid in a very long time :P

Postby James » 27 Oct 2013 23:52

I don't know if many people here remember me, but I'm sure a few do so I've decided that I'm going to put my spontaneous lucid dream that I had in the middle of the summer holiday. I documented as much as I could as soon as I woke up and just want to see really what people here think of it.
===============================
Methord and Date:

Monday 29th July 2013, 08:00 - 08:01am GMT/BST +1 (I instantly looked at the time after waking and the dream felt about 2 mins).
Went to bed at about half past 11, asleep before midnight.
Accidental WBTB as out here on holiday I am only working on dream recall.

Prolouge:

At around 06:15 I dropped my glass of juice so had to get up and clean the spillage. When I finished I tried to get back to sleep but couldn't until I guess at about 07:50.

The Dream:

I'm at my school, in the humanities department and it appears to be the first day of Year 10 (my next school year (age 14 going on 15)). I explore the apparent new layout of the building and soon enter a room but when I enter, the room behind me that I entered from fills with a class.

I now realise that I am trapped because all adjacent rooms to me have classes in them, and being the awkward person I am, decide it would be better to wait an hour for class to end rather than walk through a class.

However, one of the teachers passes through the room I'm in so asks me if I know where I'm meant to be.

I lie. I tell her I should be in the room to the left of me hoping she would leave, but she doesn't so I have to enter that room.

Luckily, a class from my year was in there, but it soon hits me that I was at the start of my summer holiday a minute ago. I look at my left hand and count my fingers, all five are there but suddenly my middle finger starts distorting like it was a reflection in a curvy mirror, followed by the whole hand.

I am lucid. :)

I jump in the air and effortlessly float there before flying around the room showing everyone what I could do, grinning like a kid with a new trick. (Well I was wasn't I?)

I try to fly through the window to the right of me but instead I bumped into it like a fly which for a split second makes me question whether it really is a dream (I now blame that window for the early ending). Looking over to the other side of the room I see an open window, but while flying there I decide to focus on some details to enhance my clarity. However, just before I manage to...
...the dream fades.

What I Learnt:
I learnt that I need to focus on improving clarity as soon as I can.

And from now on I'm going to help any flies I see fly around windows. :P

...damn window...
===============================
Fresh from the journal :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

HAGART

Re: First Lucid in a very long time :P

Postby HAGART » 28 Oct 2013 00:21

Those stubborn windows can be quite solid can't they? I have been able to take a running jump and break through sometimes, and other times I bounce right off them and you can't help but laugh about it. :lol:

Other times I punch it, or freeze it and then punch it (because I am afraid of cutting myself), or quite simply.... open it! (Sometimes we forget about the easiest solutions.)

It sounds like a classic, awkward school angst dream, but you just so happened to remember enough about who you are and that it was still summer, so you were able to realize it was a dream. That usually happens first before any reality check. I am just reminded of who I am in waking life and that's when it clicks, but reality checks are needed, because I can still get duped and think it is somehow real.

I often become a bit of a ham and perform parlor tricks when I become lucid in front of friends or family in a dream. You can't help it and it feels good to have super powers.

When you spilled the juice it was a good way to perform a wake back to bed. Whenever the WBTB method works for me, I don't simply wake up in bed and go back to sleep. I have to actually get up and perform a physical activity for a bit. Something that takes waking thought and problem solving. It doesn't take long, but it wakes up your mind and reminds you of who you are. Then when you enter a dream again, there is a much higher chance of realizing something isn't right and contradicts who you know you are in waking life. Just like you realizing school hasn't even started yet.

Those are my thoughts.
(And I DO remember you. We joined around the same time. Long time no see!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

James

Postby James » 28 Oct 2013 00:52

Good to speak to you again! :P
The problem usually is that I can never really fall asleep again after waking after 6hrs as I used to sleep for less than 6hrs every night before I discovered LD.
Even after all this time of inactivity and long nights, it still took me a long time to fall asleep.

Any tips on how to get back?

Was it worth it?

James

Postby James » 28 Oct 2013 00:54

And sorry if the above isn't coherent, a storm in england woke me up and as you would've guessed I can't sleep so I'm trying to waste energy.

Was it worth it?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Oct 2013 03:11

Your body is the one that sleeps and we are just there for the ride and hopefully realize it.
So if you are use to sleeping only 6hrs, your body will naturally wake up and not go back to sleep again, no matter how hard you mentally try. I have had a few occasions where I wake up and can't sleep again. It's frustrating because you can't just mentally force yourself to sleep.

If you have a regular sleep schedule that is consistent, then set an alarm to WBTB earlier in the night when your body is still use to sleeping. If you only sleep 6hrs then try it after 3hrs (and add an hour to allow time to sleep again so that would be 7hrs total). (I recommend more though, but we're all different and if 6hrs is your natural way than so be it). The down side is, if it doesn't work your gonna be tired for a day, but then again the 'REM rebound' may make up for it the next night. (REM rebound is when you get a ton of dreams the day after an interrupted sleep with few dreams).

There's always naps too. I heard some people say that they nap in the afternoon or evening, then WBTB and dream when its 3 in the morning. They don't sleep one solid block of time, but break it up into two.

I don't know if all this is possible with your daily schedule and whether an alarm wakes others in the house, but it may just work.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

James

Postby James » 28 Oct 2013 10:46

I meant that about a year or two ago my sleep times were 6hrs, and since then they're all 8+, but I still get the problem. :(

Was it worth it?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”