SERIOUS lucid dream problems :s

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Son Of Somnus

SERIOUS lucid dream problems :s

Postby Son Of Somnus » 28 Oct 2013 13:16

For the past year I've had serious problems with the interacting the dream characters. It seems whenever I punch/grab/hug/whatever (anything physical contact) my dream characters, they disappear every time.

This used to only happen a few times but it has become progressively worse to the point for the last few months it has happened EVERY TIME.

A second problem is that whenever I see my dog in my dreams he goes psycho and tries to eat me.

I know these problems are all in my mind, I know that by expecting it to happen each time (due to it happening so often before) I am only strengthening the probability of these events happening again. But no matter how much I reason to myself that it's all in the mind and I need a strong, self-disciplined and decisive mind the problems always happen anyway.

Anyone got any ideas?
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Vonozar

Re: SERIOUS lucid dream problems :s

Postby Vonozar » 28 Oct 2013 23:35

Son Of Somnus wrote:For the past year I've had serious problems with the interacting the dream characters. It seems whenever I punch/grab/hug/whatever (anything physical contact) my dream characters, they disappear every time.

This used to only happen a few times but it has become progressively worse to the point for the last few months it has happened EVERY TIME.

Have you tried asking them why they disappear?

Son Of Somnus wrote:A second problem is that whenever I see my dog in my dreams he goes psycho and tries to eat me.

Anyone got any ideas?

I had this problem, too. Every time I was lucid and saw a dog, it turned into this demon dog and attacked me. My flight or fight response would kick in and usually I would attack it back, ripping it's mouth apart or once even welding it shut. The feeling of six inch long razor sharp teeth in my leg wasn't exactly pleasant. It would disappear when I beat it or I would wake up fighting it, but the next time I was lucid or on the brink of lucidity and saw a dog, the same thing would happen. AceOfSpades helped me out with this by providing information and advice on how to deal with it, which I am grateful for. Then one time when I was lucid, I didn't fight it and instead as it was knowing on my leg, asked it why it was doing what it was. It stopped for a minute with a look of shock on it's face, like it was surprised by my asking. We both just looked at each other for a second or two before I woke up. After that I didn't see the dog for a long time. The next and last time I saw the dog, it was on my terms. This is the e-mail I sent to AceOfSpades telling what happened.

I haven't seen the dog in a long time. Last night before going to bed I decided to look through my drawings of lucid dreams to help get my mind a little more focused on lucid dreaming after a busy day. I saw my drawing of the dog and decided that if I became lucid, I would conjure it and face it. I became lucid after about 5 hours of sleep and remembered to conjure the dog. I succeeded and watched as it hesitantly came around the corner and looked at me. "Alright, let's do this!" I yelled at it. I fully expected it to open it's mouth and revel the creature it always was, but it didn't. It just looked at me like a normal dog. For a second I was unsure about this. Was it tricking me? I walked over to it and stood about a foot in front of it. It watched me, but didn't move. I decided to try and get it to attack if it was going to, and reached down and tried to pry it's mouth open. It didn't want to let me at first, but eventually it opened its mouth, revealing a perfectly normal set of canine teeth. The dog didn't like what I was doing to it and tried to turn away. I let it and watched as it walked out of the room. It seemed rather sad as it left. I'm not sure why, nor do I know why it didn't transform and attack. I feel like I conquered it though. I don't think I'll be seeing it again.

I was right. I haven't seen it since. I have been lucid a couple times since with dogs in them, and none them have attacked me or shown any signs of aggression. Maybe you should face it the way I did, see if it works for you the same way it did for me

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 29 Oct 2013 11:03

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. :)
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 29 Oct 2013 18:53

I'll be curious to see how it works for you. Please post your results when you try this. :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Oct 2013 19:21

most likely that you are starting to expect to react in some way to the situations and so have an emotive response just waiting to go off and this will block the dream or take you out of it.

Try thinking about just observing the events as they unfold and have no expectation of any outcome and see how this goes or look for some detail in the dream, say look at you dogs eyes and focus on this sort of detail and it will all change.

You need to take control of you emotions and responses and it will all sort out
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”