Sabina Spielrein, The Psychoanalyst

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Summerlander

Re: Sabina Spielrein, The Psychoanalyst

Postby Summerlander » 29 Oct 2013 17:50

You can make a video game where people are ripped in half with blood everywhere, and parents don't mind so much. But show a booby and then it becomes disgusting and unacceptable!

Sex is like the unknown. It is beautiful and attractive, but people misunderstand it, and, above all, they fear it. Violence is just straight forward.

But still, why should that be about sex? Could the roots of how we view reach as far as prehistoric times? Does religion play a role? Many women died at childbirth and we finally linked pregnancy to sex. Rape has always happened. Also, sex reminds us of competition and the hope to measure up. We want to be picked, liked and we want to have fun without the risk of humiliation...

So many factors to consider if you ask me... :shock:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Oct 2013 07:49

Let's talk about 'abnormal' fetishes to gather a bigger audience. You know you all want this. :oops:
But fetishes are never abnormal are they? As long as nobody get's hurt. The whole sexual act is one big fetish.

And sexuality and fetishes are a driving force in our lives whether we know it or not. It's subliminal and subconscious. As a lucid dreamer though, exploring my own subconscious world, it keeps popping up. 90% of my lucid dreams have a sexual component of some sort. I only decline because it ruins the dream and my focus gets side tracked. (When I decline.... :oops: )

(I just went online to look up a bunch to list, but there are too many to name!)

Furries, adult baby syndrome, beastiality, bondage, and foot fetish, are the main ones.

There are so many others and some get very specific. I watched Conan (I watch him a lot), and there was a guy selling a book about obscure fetishes ranging from loving birds, to rolling in gravel, and even one case of someone who won't 'climax' unless they fall down stairs! (I'm not making that up!) I saw it on TV, so it must be true. ;)

Psychology tends to focus on sexual desire and for good reason. It's an underlying force that drives us all and influences our decisions whether we know it or not. Being a lucid dreamer, and meeting my subconscious directly, I know how sexual I truly am. 90% of the time sounds a lot, but studies show that men think of sex about that often throughout the day, but we just don't notice it.

I heard some studies that reported women think about it just as often, but they never admit it!
Reading some other, older posts about the subject of sex, I think the studies might be right! :oops:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Nov 2013 21:57

I heard some studies that reported women think about it just as often, but they never admit it!

Women are worse! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Nov 2013 23:51

But they're too shy to join this thread!
Perhaps it's due to upbringing.
They're told that "a proper lady doesn't think of such things".

"Only disgusting boys think of it...."

But we both know that's not true! ;)

(Then again, nobody joined this thread so all people alike are squeamish about it).
But if you read about some of the top things any beginner wants to do in a lucid dream they almost always mention sex. And the girls have some dirty minds! :oops:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Nov 2013 10:39

Their minds are dirty in fifty shades! Lol!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Feb 2014 02:42

What do you think about tales about gods, demigods, or other divine beings being born of virgins? Why does our conception of the divine avoid sex, and, in some cases, even promote celibacy? Far too many gods in myth, folklore, and even organised religions are born of virgins or their coming into the world of mortals doesn't involve coition as the cause. There is definitely a psychological pattern here...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Feb 2014 03:47

Agreed. This is worth looking into.
Not to mention "72 virgins".... the list goes on!

There's an old saying: "Whoever smelt it, dealt it." :lol:
What I mean by that is, look at who is obsessed with sex (or absence of) and question them why!
Religion seems to be the only ones who have a problem with it!

I laugh at some of the States in America, (not all, just a few), but the ones who use religion as an excuse to deny homosexuals equal rights. Religion again pops up to promote segregation... (just recently in Arizona, I was watching John Stewart, that's where I get my informative news.... :) )

Religion, psychology, brain-washing.... I don't know where to draw a line anymore.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Feb 2014 03:50

I'll get off my soap box....

To answer your broad question directly and tersely, Gods are parental figures, and we don't ever want to imagine our parents having sex!

That's why.
(I hope others join in this conversation.....)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Feb 2014 18:47

Both your posts just hit the nail on the head! In fact Freud mentioned that most people find it hard to let go of the conception of a heavenly father because they wish to have the feeling that a paternal figure is looking out for them - like the father who loves the child and is protective of them.

And the sex... bang on! :D

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Feb 2014 18:59

Back on my soap box again, and perhaps this is a little off topic, but.....

Political figures, (and religious ones too because they are cut from the same cloth), are both just actors and puppets, but they fill the human need, the human desire for a father or mother figure to care for them and make everything right. America makes fun of the Royal Family, but fail to realize they have their own in the form of the Obama's. (Maybe it's not so far off topic. It has to do with the psychological need for a parental figure to answer questions and make people feel safe while in their 'crib') That's why we created Gods and Presidents and other figure heads. Back to my earlier quote about "whoever smelt it dealt it"... another thing we never want to imagine from these larger-than-life-figures is them farting. The Pope never farts, and neither did Jesus! 8-) ;)

Now back to SEX! :oops: :lol:
And of course how it pertains to lucid dreaming, and our human mind. (if we want to talk religion and politics we should go to another forum, but I can't help myself sometimes!)

Return to “Dream Science”