Suddenly changing personalities?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kakes 411

Suddenly changing personalities?

Postby kakes 411 » 22 Dec 2011 09:14

Most every time I have a lucid dream, I change personality. Why? Like once I find this girl around my age, and I told her it was a dream. She suddenly got all emotional asking why I would dream her, making her live her life to find out it wasn't real. I got all dramatic saying because she was beautiful and she deserved it and then she turned into a head thing and that was the end of that. Why? I would have acted a lot different.
I'm 12, and have been having lucid dreams for many years, but I just found out about the practice of them.

(Used to call them "dreams where you know you're dreaming")

lucidinthe sky

Re: Suddenly changing personalities?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Dec 2011 17:41

Conventional wisdom on dream interpretation is that all people and personalities in a dream are parts of yourself. I would suggest that you think about it again with that in mind and see what you come up with.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

fistania

Postby fistania » 28 Dec 2011 00:35

dream characters sometimes acts unexpectedly, including not accepting that they're in your dreams, get mad, or even cry.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 02 Jan 2012 17:08

I do this as well in my dreams. I become a really different person, and sometimes, often, actually, I wake up feeling kind of guilty, because sometimes those other mes that I become in my dreams are really mean, and I would never do those things in real waking life.

I hope I am about to make sense with this. It's my belief that we exist simultaneously in many dimensions at one time, and these other personalities we experience in our dreams (the ones that don't like like us, really) are these other yous that exist somewhere else. For me, personally, I like the idea, because it seems that it's the only logical explination for me acting like the way I do. In real life, for example, I am kind of a scaredy cat, and I get all nervous talking to strangers, but it's not like that in my dreams. I am super brave, bordering on totally crazy, like fighting monsters, and I will even beat people up if they make me mad, and I am also a notorious thief. YEah, sooooo not like the me I am used to when awake.

I think it's really cool that you're getting into dreams at such an early age. My advice to you is to keep really good records of your dreams so that later on in life you can look at your earliest records. Never ever throw them out, and I would also say not to share them with anyone, and keep them private. You can tell people what it is, if they ask, but that you'd like to keep that stuff private, unless they are also willing to talk about dreams seriously.

Save your dreams on a dream journal forum on the internet, and at the same time keep a hard copy of them in the event that site will crash or be deleted. Keep well marked notebooks with the dates you had the dream, including the year...because 20 years from now you won't remember that information.

I started keeping a dream journal when I was around 15 or 16, but I don't know what happened to that old journal. At the time there was no internet, and I didn't have a computer to save stuff on. I must have stupidly thrown away my hand-written journals. I really hate it that I don't still have those notes, as they would be really handy now (I am 40 now).

Happy dreaming!

Swimming Bird

Postby Swimming Bird » 03 Jan 2012 01:03

Gooeymaw, I like your avatar.
But I think it's pretty cool how your personality changes, but I'm about the same in my dreams. But I'm kinda jealous theirs no new me to learn about.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 03 Jan 2012 02:29

Thank you!

Hm, maybe later on you will notice really big differences in your personality in dreams.

Return to “For Beginners”