Succesful struggle to enter a dream

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Highlander

Succesful struggle to enter a dream

Postby Highlander » 08 Sep 2013 13:00

Today I had a little struggle to get into a dream. Usually, i gain lucidity when in a middle of a dream, but today i was lucid since i closed my eyes and when the first images appear.
I'm sleeping on my stomach. Gradually, my mind starts thinking of a street. It begins to form the images of the street.
I know I'm not inside the dream yet, i only see the images and i cannot move. I focus on looking at my hands without moving them in waking life, so i don't wake up. With effort, i can move my right arm in the dream. I see my arm and hand. It is very thin, small, I have 4 fingers and the skin is orange with scabs and blisters. Looks like ET's arm but burned and brightly colored. Now, i go for my left arm. It's still stuck in waking life. I focus on using the right hand to pull the left arm to the dream. With effort, i make it. But I'm still not all inside the dream. I'm only inside from the waist up. While this happens, I'm flying slowly down the street and feeling my body vibrating. But the rest is missing. I look at my hands to try to get more into the dream. When I look at the street, I enter. The vibrations stop and I'm totally inside the dream.

Was this the WILD technique?
Last edited by Highlander on 10 Sep 2013 09:30, edited 1 time in total.

torakrubik

Re: Succesful struggle to enter a dream

Postby torakrubik » 08 Sep 2013 23:34

Highlander wrote:Was this the WILD technique?

Pretty much, yep! You seemed to have advanced (knowingly or not) the hypnogogic images and integrated yourself into them.
Dreaming is my drug

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 Sep 2013 04:11

I too have struggled to "pop" myself into lucid dreams sometimes, and I too wonder if they are WILDs.

It's always is nice to make it into a lucid dream completely after a struggle too, isn't it?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2013 23:53

Yeah that was dragging yourself into a dream like is done in a WILD thou I havent done it the way you said there before eg using one arm which is in the dream to drag the other one in... sounds interesting :) .

With my WILDS I find my dream body goes into the dream at the same time (often my body will go there but I know I cant move much till its more stable due to the likihood of me loosing it) but my senses may be going into the WILD at different rates but at a different order to what yous did. For myself, my sight can be one of my last senses to go into the WILD (I dont tend to get hypnogogic images).

If you focus on the bits of the dream you do have there okay and on whatever senses you have there okay, the other parts will usually end up coming in themselves naturally. I wonder if cause you were focused on what you were missing in the dream eg parts of your body, it may of helped it to stay missing eg with your lower body. Dont forget that what you focus on in a dream will often persist.

I know I'm not inside the dream yet, i only see the images and i cannot move.

If you can feel yourself in the dream, one thing I like to do at that point is to bring in a DC of someone I know and get the DC to start interacting with me eg get the DC to touch me (I sometimes dont have my hearing in the dream very early on but know Im in the dream and have the touch sensation thing even if I cant move yet due to knowing I'd loose it if I did). One can use the DC then to keep you in the dream even if you start to drop out and loose dream sight. DCs when used in this way can be very good to use for stabilisation if there is a risk that moving yourself may pull you out of the dream.

Congrats on your LD and success with the new technique you tried.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Sep 2013 09:44

taniaaust1 wrote:I wonder if cause you were focused on what you were missing in the dream eg parts of your body, it may of helped it to stay missing eg with your lower body. Dont forget that what you focus on in a dream will often persist.

I guess so, maybe. The main thing that made the rest of my body enter the dream was when i looked around at the dream environment. But concentrating on having me inde it helped.

taniaaust1 wrote:If you can feel yourself in the dream, one thing I like to do at that point is to bring in a DC of someone I know and get the DC to start interacting with me

On this particular dream, i remembered this tip from yours. You say that you call your ex-boyfriend, right? I remembered this in the dream, when there was no DC's around and i was feeling almost waking up. I called an ex-colleague of mine, a girl that i worked side by side for years. She didn't show up, but i didn't wake up.

taniaaust1 wrote:Congrats on your LD and success with the new technique you tried.

Thanks. Funny thing is that i was not using the WILD technique in the first place. I was using B-MILD, but turns out it changed to WILD. Good thing it happened.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Sep 2013 01:42

Highlander wrote: On this particular dream, i remembered this tip from yours. You say that you call your ex-boyfriend, right? I remembered this in the dream, when there was no DC's around and i was feeling almost waking up. I called an ex-colleague of mine, a girl that i worked side by side for years. She didn't show up, but i didn't wake up.

Better luck next time if you try it again. (if a certain person didnt work, I suggest to try it using a different person you strongly connect to next time).

I guess its like flying. Some may do it first time and others may have issues creating the situation they want to happen (Im terrible at flying).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 30 Sep 2013 12:07

Today i had a very interesting dream, a beautiful experience starting with a successful WILD. The dream is too big and I will not describe everything here, only what I think is important, so i don't bore you.

I am using the B-MILD technique to have a lucid dream, but it's WILD that happens involuntarily. I begin to feel my body vibrating and hear a buzz. I feel heavier and begins to form something in front of me. It pitch dark and then i see a little cartoon character walking. I say "Hello" but it ignores me. Still vibrating, I know I'm in bed, so I think if i could get out of my physical body. After a few seconds I find myself hovering in my room. Because it's dark, I see nothing , only a few small lights through the holes in the shutters. I try pass through the window, but it blocks me. I turn back, pass through the walls of my room and go into the living room. My living room turns into a huge hall where I am led to travel throughout its length. I reach the end where one of the windows is open and i go outdoors.
It's night and I'm in a desert place. It seems like a yard with gothic and metal constructions. It looks like a deserted futuristic city. There are parts where there is no ground. I look down there and i see stars. Or I'm on the top of a spaceship or in a city in space. I notice that my hands have only three fingers, long and brown , just like an ET. I decide to ask the dream:
-"I ask the dream, what is this place?"
Nothing.
- "Dream. Tell me what this place is."
I hear a noise and in one of the walls, opens a door where I am led inside. I appear in a bright room. With me are about 3 puppets that look human. I also see a blue rubber fish hovering. It gives me the feeling that we are underwater. I grab the fish and let him go to see it hovering again. It gives me the feeling that we are prisoners there and we are puppets destined for laboratory experiments. On my left there is an exit (no door) for a hall. I call the puppets, they look at me and I make sign for them to follow me. They go with me.
A few feet ahead, I see a mailbox with a sealed envelope with an object inside. I look at the sender and teher's my name but with a different address. I open the envelope, but I do not remember what it was inside.
Suddenly, i see a human. It's a pretty young woman, short, light hair, light-darkened skin, green eyes. She looks at me in amazement. I think she's surprised to see that we are experiment puppets that came to life. I cannot speak. I make gestures, saying that I saw the envelope and I want to go away.

There were more, but are not as important. I dreamed for at least half an hour.
In addition to WILD, did i have a small OBE? Or a representation of an OBE? Interesting that in this dream i was not human, i was something from another planet.
But really, WILD is hard to do, but when successfull, it is a unique experience.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 29 Oct 2013 15:56

One thing i noticed and i never read it on what we feel when we WILD is the awareness of REM, or so i think it is. With this, i mean, noticing your eyes moving rapidly.
When my WILD is on the right track, i feel the usual vibrations, buzz sound, etc. But right before those feelings, i notice my eyes going left to right very quickly without my control. This is for only a few seconds. Then, it stops when imagery becomes to take from.

Do you guys notice your REM's also?

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Oct 2013 19:54

Yes at times, the hard thing to get is that all, some or none of past indicators may be present on WILD and all that matters is getting there.
If I think "ahh - rem" and am not very careful on the tiny observation it will ping me away from the entry point and I will either go to sleep or have to set up again.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 29 Oct 2013 20:37

Peter wrote:If I think "ahh - rem" and am not very careful on the tiny observation it will ping me away from the entry point and I will either go to sleep or have to set up again.

I agree with you. I am very careful with that also. When this happens, i think: "Wow, something's going to happen." Then i go with flow.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”