Talking to people in lucid dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Swimming Bird

Talking to people in lucid dreams?

Postby Swimming Bird » 03 Jan 2012 03:40

I heard a story before, wish i remembered where I heard it but it went like this:
A girl and a boy were practicing lucid dreaming and they eventually both became really good at it. And then they decided to talk to each other in the dream world and say one word, then tell each other what they said and heard in the waking world the next day. They both ended up with the same two words communicated but from opposite ends of the conversation.
I researched it and figured that it might have to do with the pineal gland in the brain, which is supposed to serve to connect people, their is research supporting it. They did tests with a new crossword puzzle and a week old one, and the people who were the test subjects scored much higher on the older one, than the new one. They said that it explains why things are invented, then on the other side of the world, the same thing is invented.
and the glan is most active wile you sleep.
What do you think?

Swimming Bird

Re: Talking to people in lucid dreams?

Postby Swimming Bird » 03 Jan 2012 21:48

How come no one reply's to my posts, I'm just as important as anyone else. :ugeek:

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 03 Jan 2012 22:11

I haven't heard of this gland, but it could well be a good starting point for research into mutual dreaming.
Dreaming is my drug

Swimming Bird

Postby Swimming Bird » 03 Jan 2012 22:39

Do those happen a lot? And thanks for replying, nobody has replied to any of my posts yet :|

houseofleaves

Postby houseofleaves » 04 Jan 2012 21:50

This post reminded me alot of a program I watched on TV, "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman." It was the episode titled "Is there a Sixth Sense?" There's alot of mind blowing little factoids in that show and it's worth watching, such as an ongoing experiment testing if there is a "global conciousness" by using random number generators. These "spikes" in conciousness seemed to spike during 9/11, the Obama election, and several other major events.

Evidence like this, plus all the anecdotal evidence of mutual dreaming has me convinced that there is more to it than just coincidence when people seem to "share" dreams. I really think the concept is absolutely fascinating.
"The madman is a waking dreamer." -Immanuel Kant

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 05 Jan 2012 08:55

Swimming Bird wrote:I heard a story before, wish i remembered where I heard it but it went like this:
A girl and a boy were practicing lucid dreaming and they eventually both became really good at it. And then they decided to talk to each other in the dream world and say one word, then tell each other what they said and heard in the waking world the next day. They both ended up with the same two words communicated but from opposite ends of the conversation.

This story is not testable. Even if one had both of them and they agreed to be tested one could not confirm that they had not just pre-arranged the results. this story has no scientific validity. If you were one of them it would be sound evidence for you.

Swimming Bird wrote:I researched it and figured that it might have to do with the pineal gland in the brain, which is supposed to serve to connect people, their is research supporting it. They did tests with a new crossword puzzle and a week old one, and the people who were the test subjects scored much higher on the older one, than the new one. They said that it explains why things are invented, then on the other side of the world, the same thing is invented.
What do you think?

Starting with your weak anecdote , that one should not have taken too seriously, you've jumped to the pineal gland explanation and to the idea that everyone is connected via it- far too much speculation and jumping to conclusions for my tastes.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Swimming Bird

Postby Swimming Bird » 05 Jan 2012 21:36

Snaggle wrote:
Swimming Bird wrote:I heard a story before, wish i remembered where I heard it but it went like this:

This story is not testable. Even if one had both of them and they agreed to be tested one could not confirm that they had not just pre-arranged the results. this story has no scientific validity. If you were one of them it would be sound evidence for you.

Swimming Bird wrote:I researched it and figured that it might have to do with the pineal gland in the brain, which is supposed to serve to connect people, their is research supporting it. They did tests with a new crossword puzzle and a week old one, and the people who were the test subjects scored much higher on the older one, than the new one. They said that it explains why things are invented, then on the other side of the world, the same thing is invented.
What do you think?

Starting with your weak anecdote , that one should not have taken too seriously, you've jumped to the pineal gland explanation and to the idea that everyone is connected via it- far too much speculation and jumping to conclusions for my tastes.

Just a theory, that's the start of how real explanations are found.
and it would be testable if it were two people who just wanted to find the answer and not cheat.

houseofleaves wrote:This post reminded me alot of a program I watched on TV, "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman." It was the episode titled "Is there a Sixth Sense?" There's alot of mind blowing little factoids in that show and it's worth watching, such as an ongoing experiment testing if there is a "global conciousness" by using random number generators. These "spikes" in conciousness seemed to spike during 9/11, the Obama election, and several other major events.

Evidence like this, plus all the anecdotal evidence of mutual dreaming has me convinced that there is more to it than just coincidence when people seem to "share" dreams. I really think the concept is absolutely fascinating.

Sounds really cool, I can't wait to see this!

EDIT*

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TiFY-lmaKa4#!

megabjarne

Postby megabjarne » 07 Jan 2012 00:30

I met a person from my school in a dream, an i said "i am dreaming!"
But all he ansvered was "Good somebody knows"
When i met him the next day, he didn't say anything close, did they know eachother enough to think what is most
L

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 07 Jan 2012 19:22

I was myself involved in such an experiment. I personally didn't receive the word communicated, but someone else in the group did. I keep forgetting to go back to that group and ask if I can post a link to the results, althought it's super long and very wordy, it might interest people here a lot.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”