LD techniques can take years to click

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Shibby30

LD techniques can take years to click

Postby Shibby30 » 29 Oct 2013 00:59

With my frustrations in getting anywhere with the LD techniques I'm seeing a parallel with my struggles to learn meditation.

I have been meditating in some form for about ten years. It has taken me about nine of those years getting negligible to mild results to now have a deep and focused session 8/10 times. The problem was that I had fixated on certain methods early on and struggled with a lack of sync with my mind and process. Once I began from scratch about three years ago I began to try many different methods. More importantly, I tried many different prescribed methods but also played around with ideas that came to me until I could begin to actualize the practice in how it truly works for me. This occurred by not attaching to any external forms but trying them all and paying close attention to results after a period of effort.

I feel that actualizing the feel lucid dreaming techniques takes the same approach. We must try everything we can until some individualized form of the methods begin to click with us personally. This can take years. I only see the established techniques as experiments to play with and tweak. I also view RC's and journaling as generally fundamental. I have no idea why SSILD has such crazy results for me initially but not at all now.
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

angledream

Re: LD techniques can take years to click

Postby angledream » 31 Oct 2013 06:22

Hello,I am new here, very glad to see you.
Wedding Dress Discount,Custom,Wholesale,Online Sales,Brides,Bridesmaid,Evening,Birthday,Holiday,Graduation, Cocktail Dress.http://www.weddingdressbbs.com/wedding-dress-c-540.html

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 31 Oct 2013 18:17

yes I am looking for a wedding dress. Where have you been all my life? :lol:

Peter

Postby Peter » 31 Oct 2013 18:42

I have no idea why SSILD has such crazy results for me initially but not at all now.

I find that if something stops working I have let my intent slip and with that my focus when trying a technique. With success comes the expectation that it will work and with that a slight slippage of how I apply myself. I expect it to work and put in a fraction less effort and its just dont happen.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 Oct 2013 23:41

Peter wrote: I find that if something stops working I have let my intent slip and with that my focus when trying a technique. With success comes the expectation that it will work and with that a slight slippage of how I apply myself. I expect it to work and put in a fraction less effort and its just dont happen.

How badly you really want it is somehow measured and factored into whether you are successful. Not sure exactly how the process works, but the thing I know for sure is that there is no way to cheat the system.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”