Hypnagogia question

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
TheCaptain5

Hypnagogia question

Postby TheCaptain5 » 31 Oct 2013 09:00

I'll make this question as clear and straightforward as possible: Anyone ever experience any pain or discomfort when viewing hypnagogic imagery? It happens to me most of the time, feels like eye strain. Can't look at it too long or too intensely or else it feels like my eyes will pop out :/ If anyone has the same problem
or has a solution, let me know. Thanks!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

tea

Re: Hypnagogia question

Postby tea » 31 Oct 2013 13:07

that's because you are strainig your eye muscles (actually i believe it's the nervus opticus).
you'll have to learn to see, without watching - just relax and observe.

that's what i've learned so far, hope this made sense. if anyone has a better idea of what's going on, please correct me!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Peter

Re: Hypnagogia question

Postby Peter » 31 Oct 2013 18:46

Think you are on the mark there and I would add to look in the direction that feels comfortable, say straight ahead and not up (this can help to get lucid if you chase the HI upwards but does feel odd)

As Tea said just relax and observe and make it a passive task
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”