Is language i use a problem?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Zivojin Bojic

Is language i use a problem?

Postby Zivojin Bojic » 31 Oct 2013 19:03

Hi,i am using this site for about 1 week now and i realy decided to lucid dream.I found that many people say that for begginers,the MILD technique is good to start LDs.I started it and i saw the 4 steps,1st once requires 'Dream Recall' so i started to improve it,im doing my journal and doing the self-hypnosis,and also listening to brainwave entertainment and i think its helping,i believe i can imagine things more clearer now so its more fun to use my mind :) Only thing im wondering about is the language.....i live in Serbia,my main laguage is Serbian which i talk to people(normaly) but i realy realy love English,i dont study it at all since i know enough to have As for Elementary and i believe even High school.I use it everyday,speak to people online and one of the things that my friends find weird is that i think on english...i.e. i dont go thinking around on Serbian...i think on English,imagine things spoken on English...i just love it so much,and in one of techniques i saw that you need to repeat a phrase to yourself in your mind,first 2 days i repeated it on English but today i came to think,will it be bad if i continue thinking on English?Also i write my dream journal on English,i just did it without thinking,first time i wrote my journal.So to cut the further story will it cause me problem to lucid dream if i keep using English?Should i start thinking on Serbian or it doesnt matter since i think on English a lot?
Ps.Sory for my English,i'm still 14 so i dont have it mastered yet...
Never loose hope,never loose faith!
Had my first LD when i last excpected to have it ;)

HAGART

Re: Is language i use a problem?

Postby HAGART » 31 Oct 2013 21:50

That's interesting.
What is the language of dreams?

The actual dream itself and what happens and whether you are lucid or not, is 'languagless'. (<- Made that word up. Goes to show how words don't matter). It's the ideas that are important.

I know others that are bilingual and although they can speak in many languages, they THINK in one. That is their language of choice. Their thoughts are fluent in that language.

I often wonder what it would be like to think without any language at all... sounds like a dream without words.... makes you think.... :idea:

I don't think it matters, but that is just me and I have only one language. (Being from Canada I know some French, but very bad at making sentences with it). We all have different talents and language was not my thing.

The best answer will come from someone who is bilingual or even multilingual.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Zivojin Bojic

Postby Zivojin Bojic » 31 Oct 2013 22:31

HAGART wrote:That's interesting.
What is the language of dreams?

The actual dream itself and what happens and whether you are lucid or not, is 'languagless'. (<- Made that word up. Goes to show how words don't matter). It's the ideas that are important.

I know others that are bilingual and although they can speak in many languages, they THINK in one. That is their language of choice. Their thoughts are fluent in that language.

I often wonder what it would be like to think without any language at all... sounds like a dream without words.... makes you think.... :idea:

I don't think it matters, but that is just me and I have only one language. (Being from Canada I know some French, but very bad at making sentences with it). We all have different talents and language was not my thing.

The best answer will come from someone who is bilingual or even multilingual.

Oh ok,thank you for that answer,you helped me not to wory about it :) i will keep thinking on English cause i feel loving for that language and i wont think about bad things,i think you are absolutely right!The ideas are important,so thank you aggain so much,you inspired me!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Oct 2013 23:17

I think I'm right too, but don't just listen to one person.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Zivojin Bojic

Postby Zivojin Bojic » 01 Nov 2013 10:21

HAGART wrote:I think I'm right too, but don't just listen to one person.

Ok,but thanks anyway for the reply :)

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 01 Nov 2013 15:43

Language is not the important thing. Intention is. With this, i mean, for you to have a good LD, it doesn't matter if you say: "Tonight i will have a lucid dream" or "Ce soir, je vais avoir un rêve lucide" or "Hoje à noite vou ter um sonho lúcido". Heck, you may even say "Today i will have an ice cream" but you're thinking "Tonight i will have a lucid dream". Your subconscious will understand this last sentence.

I'm from Portugal, i talk portuguese with people, but i've been reading and talking with you guys a lot in english. On some of my dreams i talk in english. And sometimes, english is better, as there are some expressions hard to translate to portuguese. For example, when i intent to meet a dream guide, i find myself thinking in mixed languages, saying: "Eu quero conhecer um dream guide".

So, go with the language you feel the most comfortable on achieving what you want. Intention is the key.

Zivojin Bojic

Postby Zivojin Bojic » 01 Nov 2013 18:04

Alright,thank you both for replyes,you both kept me going,my motivation will not fall thanks to you! :D

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 01 Nov 2013 18:34

Not at all. I am German, but fluent in English and my dreams are in English or German, even mixed. I do my studying mainly in English. I prefer to read a book in the language it was written, and the dream books I like are mostly in English. My dreams in either language do not differ in clarity. I think you should have no problems. Welcome to Rebecca's Website. :)

Zivojin Bojic

Postby Zivojin Bojic » 01 Nov 2013 21:39

Ty as well mate,you all help me stick to researching it :)

tea

Postby tea » 02 Nov 2013 08:15

oh well, let's make this even more clear: no, it doesn't really matter :D
as Highlander said: intention is more important. so as long as you are comfortable, do it!
this goes for everything in life: as long as it feels good, do it! - without hurting anybody of course.

don't let other people bring you down, they are not inside your head and can only judge from their personal perspective. you are you. you know you, you know what's best for you. just stay honest with yourself.
Last edited by tea on 02 Nov 2013 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “For Beginners”