I need some help!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
rami elhaibe

I need some help!

Postby rami elhaibe » 02 Nov 2013 23:31

Hello, so all my life every lucid dream ends up me realizing that I'm dreaming. But here's when the problem comes in. I act just like before I can't control myself I just do whatever my head tells me. peoples advice is like "stay calm and relax". What I think ,
HOW CAN I RELAX AND STAY CALM IF I CAN'T CONTROL MY FREAKING BODY?! So any other advice?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Highlander

Re: I need some help!

Postby Highlander » 03 Nov 2013 00:05

I call this semi-lucid. It's when you're lucid but not 100% to be in control of the dream. I get this sometimes.

A question. When this happens to you, can you think for yourself or, despite being lucid, your thoughts are controled by the dream?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Nov 2013 05:38

I often do things in lucid dreams that are spur of the moment and follow along the natural course of the dream without over thinking it. I just go with the flow and it's semi-lucid like Highlander said.

Then if I stop and think about it, and remind myself, "Who am I? Oh yea, this is a dream and I don't have to follow the story anymore", that's when I can take full control. It helps to have a pre-planned purpose. It could be anything you want. Pick something fun! Otherwise I just go with the flow again....

rami elhaibe wrote:I act just like before I can't control myself I just do whatever my head tells me.

Try to stop doing anything and announce your own name out loud in the dream. "I am...." That can help awaken your sense of self which changes EVERYTHING! You'll see a big difference in your lucid dreams when you have a higher sense of self awareness and self identity. Then you just need a purpose and a goal and it could be anything, and I recommend choosing something fun.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

rami elhaibe

Postby rami elhaibe » 03 Nov 2013 17:31

Highlander wrote:I call this semi-lucid. It's when you're lucid but not 100% to be in control of the dream. I get this sometimes.

A question. When this happens to you, can you think for yourself or, despite being lucid, your thoughts are controled by the dream?
my thoughts are controlled by the dream. Sometimes i do gain a little control like "hey I don't want to do that".

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

rami elhaibe

Postby rami elhaibe » 03 Nov 2013 17:33

HAGART wrote:I often do things in lucid dreams that are spur of the moment and follow along the natural course of the dream without over thinking it. I just go with the flow and it's semi-lucid like Highlander said.

Then if I stop and think about it, and remind myself, "Who am I? Oh yea, this is a dream and I don't have to follow the story anymore", that's when I can take full control. It helps to have a pre-planned purpose. It could be anything you want. Pick something fun! Otherwise I just go with the flow again....

rami elhaibe wrote:I act just like before I can't control myself I just do whatever my head tells me.

Try to stop doing anything and announce your own name out loud in the dream. "I am...." That can help awaken your sense of self which changes EVERYTHING! You'll see a big difference in your lucid dreams when you have a higher sense of self awareness and self identity. Then you just need a purpose and a goal and it could be anything, and I recommend choosing something fun.
thanks I will try that next time :) . But recently at about 7 or 8 o'clock I would eat a snack of almonds and that has been getting me a couple lucid dreams!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”