Haven't had a lucid dream in a long time.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jack Reacher

Haven't had a lucid dream in a long time.

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Nov 2013 05:35

Must have been like a year since I have had a lucid dream, but ever since I have moved out of my parents place, time has been a bit foggy...

Anyway, occasionally I have tried to get back into it but it almost feels like its too much energy, I don't even know where to begin.

Any advice from other long time LDers who had a massive gap and had troubles getting back into it again?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

lucidinthe sky

Re: Haven't had a lucid dream in a long time.

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Nov 2013 06:04

Jack Reacher wrote:
Anyway, occasionally I have tried to get back into it but it almost feels like its too much energy, I don't even know where to begin.

It does take a lot of energy, and often it is too much energy for me too. Sometimes it's good to take a rest from it and then go at it again with full resolve, it's really hard to keep that up that level of energy without interruption.

Jack Reacher wrote: Any advice from other long time LDers who had a massive gap and had troubles getting back into it again?

The only gaps I have are when I put less effort into it. The requirements for success are still the same as when you had your last lucid dream so there's nothing different you have to do really. You still know how to do it. That's the good news. Just focus your intent and it will happen, just like before.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Nov 2013 07:50

For me its always seemed like I had to give like a week period to build up the mindset to do it though. Like I would start writing down dreams to get my recall going, and I would start getting better at visualization etc. I dunno, it seems more of a skill than a set of steps to pull this off. I might do the old get up at 4:30 am and go back to sleep trick, it seems to be the most straightforward method.

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Nov 2013 08:05

Start with getting some sleep to get rested and then WBTB with very strong intent. It most likely wont produce a WILD but will set you up for DILD and would expect a LD within a few nights. There is around a 2 day lag from trying with purpose to anything filtering through to become a dream

On another note are you still at uni in ALK, I had an interview done last week for a doco to run on the student radio and could find out when it is on if you are interested
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Nov 2013 08:14

Thats pretty cool, yeah I would be interested. Im still at uni, but I rarely get involved in any of its events and such.

Matter of fact I have an exam at 2:15 pm tomorrow... so I think il simply try and record my dreams.

Side note, simply planning to record my dreams usually affects what kind of sleep/dreams I will have. In fact as of a few days ago I hadn't had a dream in a very long time, but when I decided to write down whatever I dreamed of the next morning, I actually had a dream.

Didn't write it down though haha.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Nov 2013 16:41

Jack Reacher wrote:For me its always seemed like I had to give like a week period to build up the mindset to do it though. Like I would start writing down dreams to get my recall going, and I would start getting better at visualization etc. I dunno, it seems more of a skill than a set of steps to pull this off. I might do the old get up at 4:30 am and go back to sleep trick, it seems to be the most straightforward method.

There is definitely some technique involved, but the main factor is the mindset and determination to make it happen. I've only been at it for 2 years, but that's been my experience. There may be some skill, but if so I haven't learned it. The only thing that's really changed for me is my confidence level, which is important. I think a lot of the methods are just ways to help focus your intent. By your last post, sounds like you are making progress on dream recall already.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”