Tips on falling asleep faster?

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
Guitar48300

Tips on falling asleep faster?

Postby Guitar48300 » 03 Nov 2013 16:07

For as long as I can remember it takes me quite awhile to fall asleep every time I'm awake. First time falling asleep can take about an hour and a half before I fall asleep, maybe longer. Then during waking in the middle of the night it can take me another half hour or full hour to fall asleep again. I'm trying to do SSILD but I feel like the effects that it's supposed to give me wear off because of the time it takes me to fall asleep. Anybody got some advice or techniques that could put me to sleep faster?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Highlander

Re: Tips on falling asleep faster?

Postby Highlander » 03 Nov 2013 16:28

I've tried SSILD and for me is no good (as for WILD). I have lost several hours of sleep because of this. I use B-MILD, which is basically MILD but synchronized with your breathing. This helps me sleep faster.
But this is just me. Everyone has different experience. One can sleep faster using SSILD. The bad ones for are SSILD and WILD. The best ones are MILD and B-MILD.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 03 Nov 2013 16:31

The previous post i only talked about the techniques. Of course, apart from that, reading a book is a good way to sleep faster.

Knife

Postby Knife » 04 Nov 2013 21:07

You just need to fall asleep fast? Or do you need to fall asleep while doing mantra's etc?
Inherit the earth

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 04 Nov 2013 23:54

Knife wrote:You just need to fall asleep fast? Or do you need to fall asleep while doing mantra's etc?

Just fall asleep fast.

Highlander wrote:I've tried SSILD and for me is no good (as for WILD). I have lost several hours of sleep because of this. I use B-MILD, which is basically MILD but synchronized with your breathing. This helps me sleep faster.
But this is just me. Everyone has different experience. One can sleep faster using SSILD. The bad ones for are SSILD and WILD. The best ones are MILD and B-MILD.

I just tried it last night and it seems to make me a little sleepy and got me some vivid dreams. So I guess I'll see where it gets me.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Knife

Postby Knife » 07 Nov 2013 16:59

Guitar48300 wrote:
Knife wrote:You just need to fall asleep fast? Or do you need to fall asleep while doing mantra's etc?

Just fall asleep fast.

Masturbate.
Inherit the earth

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Nov 2013 02:51

Drink red wine x

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 08:45

Do a good exercise session several hours before you go to bed or even during the day can help.

Have your room completely dark (digital light things eg clocks can keep some awake for longer)

Ive also found that when I was going to bed with an electric blanket on affected my ability to go to sleep.. made my insomia much worst. So if you have an electric blanket.. try making sure its off before you climb into bed
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Mar 2014 01:48

Listen to the sound of rain :-*

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

tomelis

Postby tomelis » 26 May 2014 17:55

Silent lyrical music help for me. It's great to have TV on your bedroom too... Usually it takes about 2 hours for me to fall asleep but with music or TV I usually fall asleep much faster :)
http://astraltravelingzone.com/how-to-lucid-dream/

Return to “Sleep Disorders”