Galantamine and Choline (updated: Successful 4th attempt)

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
lucidinthe sky

Galantamine and Choline (updated: Successful 4th attempt)

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Oct 2013 23:32

Did quite a bit of reading on these and I'm ready to give them a try. Initially I rejected any supplements mainly because of what I would call a "purist" attitude. But now that I've been lucid dreaming now for almost 2 years, I'm ready to see if they can help make it easier and better.

The older I get, the more I abandon that purist mentality and the more appealing the idea of assistance. For example, I am into astronomy and used to believe that reading a chart and manually finding objects in the night sky was the only "right" way to do it. These people using computer guiding were somehow cheating. But then I realized that more time was being spent looking for, not looking at objects. I learned how to do the hard way, but now I have a computer guided system and see 5 times more in an observing session than I used to. Time is limited and I'd rather get more lucid dreaming observing in if I can. Maybe I won't get to see 5 times as much with supplements, but willing to give it try to see.

I read that typically lucid dreams are 80% DILD and 20% WILD and that Galantamine reverses the ratio. Hope that's true for me.

Will report back on how they work.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 28 Dec 2013 17:02, edited 3 times in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidLink

Re: Ordered some Galantamine and Choline

Postby LucidLink » 29 Oct 2013 15:02

Trust my friend, as long you look at these pills for a treat to be had every 2 weeks or so, you will have no problems. You won't build a dependence, and I'm sure you'll find that this pill combination is quite potent.

The effect they have on dreams, is quite strange. I feel like anytime I take those 2 pills, I'm taking the dream meter from average to super crazyness!

From these pills, I've experienced OBEs, strange bizarre obivious DILDS, effortless WILDs, very very very realistic non lucid dreams to the point they seem as real as reality, I've had "micro-awakenings", auditory hallucinations that led to a WILD, and proably a couple other strange cool things I'm not remembering right now!:)

It was a good choice, you will enjoy it:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Oct 2013 19:24

The older I get, the more I abandon that purist mentality and the more appealing the idea of assistance. For example, I am into astronomy and used to believe that reading a chart and manually finding objects in the night sky was the only "right" way to do i

I can relate to this as my process of doing stuff is ( There must be a hard way to do this, I reckon I can find it)

Supplements, use sparingly and enjoy when you find something that works for you. They only assist in the same way a dive tank is one step up from holding you breath if you want to go deeper and longer....
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Oct 2013 20:02

I think that doing new things using the most basic method is generally good for starting. Children must still learn arithmetic on paper even though we have calculators and computers, but once you know how to do it you use the calculator. Learning how to read a map should come before using a GPS. But after you know how to use a map, travelling is much more efficient with a GPS and you can see a lot more places that way. I'm hoping this will be the same way. The idea is to try to get the most possible out of the experience and it could make the difference between having the experience or not having it at all.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

DAZ_XT950

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 03 Nov 2013 19:09

Lucidinthe sky, could you please tell me which site(s) you ordered these supplements from, because a while ago, I spent some time looking for a reliable source and came up with basically nothing I felt comfortable trusting. Thanks.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Nov 2013 21:48

I ordered on Amazon.com.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Nov 2013 18:12

I got the supplements and tried them last night for the first time. Unfortunately was not able to have a lucid dream but the experience was interesting and will try them again in 2 weeks. Here's a summery:

Went to sleep at approximately 10 P.M. Woke up 4 1/2 later at 2:30 A.M. After being awake for around 15 minutes, took one Galantamind tablet (4mg of Galanatmine) and one Alpha GPC tablet (300 mg of choline). Had trouble getting to sleep, but that's normal for me when I wake up in the middle of the night. After being unable to sleep for around an hour, I started noticing the effects. The first noticeable change was a louder than usual ringing in my ears. Fell asleep soon after, would guess around 3:30. Woke up after a little more than an hour so it was probably in still in the REM cycle. During that time there was a dream which I would rate as average in terms of vividness. Probably the most interesting thing that happened was that after being awake for around a minute, I had a very distinct OBE instantaneously like a shift. It completely surprised me and was really freaky. The surprise made me go back to normal after just a few seconds. That was my first OBE while being wide awake so it was really cool. The effects at that point seemed to have peaked, the visual background which is normally black or grey was much lighter, shades of light blue, light grey or even white at times. My brain felt like the activity level was really high, like high energy. Everything was moving around really fast like being really excited mentally but thoughts were controllable. The ear ringing was slightly louder, though tolerable. HI was more intense for that late into sleeping, had a few false phone ringings and visuals were kind of swirling shades of color, but not clear enough to see. My guess is that if you have good enough visuals, you can sort of follow them like following a path into the WILD experience. It wasn't quite there for me this time, but I will try again and hopefully it will happen.
I may consider a slightly higher dose, but the high energy brain state makes it difficult to go to sleep so don't want to increase that effect, just break through more on the visuals. I read somewhere a very small dose of Melatonin (I think the amount is .3 -1 mg). It's supposed to be enough to help you get back to sleep, but not enough to suppress REM which Melatonin does normally do in higher doses.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 07 Nov 2013 19:11, edited 2 times in total.

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Nov 2013 18:38

hat was my first OBE while being wide awake so it was really cool

So you mean as in WILD but an OBE?

It can be intense with G and the trick is to step back from the intensity and as you say just step into the dream. Different senses get involved each time and they will surprise you for a while until you get used to them and then they become signposts for dream entry
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Nov 2013 18:54

Peter wrote:
hat was my first OBE while being wide awake so it was really cool

So you mean as in WILD but an OBE?

It can be intense with G and the trick is to step back from the intensity and as you say just step into the dream. Different senses get involved each time and they will surprise you for a while until you get used to them and then they become signposts for dream entry

I was completely awake for the OBE, even had my eyes open. I might have been able to stay in it, but the quick shift made it too difficult to hold on. The visuals were almost, but not quite there. Not sure why.

It seems to turn up the volume on the senses which you can somewhat step back from although it is harder to go back to sleep which others have reported.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Galantamine and Choline (updated: Successful 2nd attempt

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Nov 2013 17:42

I can report at least partial success with G and C. Went to sleep at 2230 and woke up at 0400. I felt that this was a bit late, but decided to go for it anyway since I won't have another chance for at least a few more days. So I took the 4 mg of G and 700 of C as planned, but no Melatonin. A few strange things happened. I waited in bed for the effects to kick in and after about an hour could feel them (was checking the clock and last check was around 0450. Then all of the sudden the alarm on the clock goes off (left on from yesterday) The clock says 0600. Can't believe another hour had past and I'm sure I hadn't fallen asleep. So an hour disappeared somewhere and I was starting to worry about running out of time.

So I continued on and could see the transition into the dream state occurring quite easily at one point so that was a good experience. It's was fairly easy to see the entrance to WILD as many have reported. You are able to step back with your awareness in tact and watch things happen independently to some degree. There were 2 nice loud audios during HI which was the same as last time. Some guy yelling "Shut the fuck up!" which made me laugh and some other weird unidentified noise. I briefly lost awareness but picked up the dream quickly in an airport where I was buying something at a counter. I was struggling to get my credit card and did a quick RC, seeing only 4 fingers. After confirming it was dream, I shoved the DC out of the way and went over the counter to find the controls for the music that was playing in the background. There were all kinds of knobs back there and I tried turning quite a few of them which changed the sound in different ways. I made mental notes of how real the knobs felt, but I couldn't keep the dream stable and the quality of the visuals wasn't good to start with. I couldn't stabilize the dream which didn't last long. Don't blame the G and C, it just looked like that one wasn't deep enough.

So what I learned from this experience was that G and C create an easy-to-see entrance ramp for WILD and allow your awareness to be more separated. I'm holding back judgement on the visuals for now since the dream was not really very deep. For me to have to deep, high quality LDs it seems that I have be at least a little REM deprived as in a little less sleep on the night(s) before so that will be the next experiment. There are some that recommend using 5HTP to suppress REM, but that's one more thing that has to timed right so I'm going to pass on that at least for now.

Next experiment will be 5 hours sleep the night before and stick with 4mg of G and 700 of C.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”